Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Sep 2002, 19:48 (Ref:391286)   #1
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
USGP... Slightly better than the rest?

Seemd like this was one of the better GPs of the year... I'd put it after Melbourne and Austria.

Once again, Ferrari showed their contempt for the fans by setting up a last-minute pass and fake photo finish. But at least Rubens got his win back from the A1 Ring...

I think development of the FW24 must have stopped after Germany. The car's just getting slower every race. Good drive from Montoya, though, moving up quite a few positions after dropping back to 7th.

Excellent weekend for Jacques, rare points for BAR.

We actually saw some passing this weekend! Amazing!

Rumor has it Honda has asked Takuma Sato to work as development driver for a future Civic WRC effort...

Well, Ralf finally grew some balls... And ended up colliding with his teammate. Racing accident, only room for one car... Juan was under no obligation to back off to let Ralf past.
Old 29 Sep 2002, 19:50 (Ref:391289)   #2
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a farce of a finish....i bet the yanks dont find that too exciting......Rubens looks rather embarreseed in the press conference.
Old 29 Sep 2002, 19:51 (Ref:391291)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Re: USGP... Slightly better than the rest?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee Janotta

Well, Ralf finally grew some balls... And ended up colliding with his teammate. Racing accident, only room for one car... Juan was under no obligation to back off to let Ralf past.
Try telling that to all the anti JPM fans, i'm sure he'll get the blame somehow! Watching it from another angle, Rafe definatley lost it at the corner and spun into JPM.
Old 29 Sep 2002, 19:52 (Ref:391294)   #4
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a horrible circuit to drive, but the nature of it (tight sections with fast sections) seems to produce good racing. I suppose the circuit has parts of it that would suit different cars, so there's places where they can close on each other.

Now, if only we could have a race on that course.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 29 Sep 2002, 19:53 (Ref:391296)   #5
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
at least TGF has just said he didnt mean to let Rubens win.
Old 29 Sep 2002, 20:08 (Ref:391340)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Too bad for all the people who paid actual money under the delusion they were going to see a race. Next year they can save a lot of money and come to Montreal to the CART race instead.

I wonder how many "garanteed" seats Tony George had to pay for this time?
Old 29 Sep 2002, 20:44 (Ref:391426)   #7
CleanTone
Racer

Romania
Colentina
CleanTone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The race was indeed a very good one but only until Coulthard entered the pits(coincidence?). The TV coverage was good, and certainly the fairest(I saw more Minardis than in all races except AUS, not only when they were overtaken). I wonder how an oval will appeal?
Old 29 Sep 2002, 22:21 (Ref:391523)   #8
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If u want real racing you should have watched the Superbikes!! Absolutely amazing...
Old 29 Sep 2002, 22:29 (Ref:391531)   #9
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the race was superb. Watching Trulli/JV/Irvine/Mcnish all fighting it out through most of the race was great. We got loads of overtaking, an over zealos soon-to-be-number-2 driver spinning into hs team mate and the most hilarious finish in F1 history. What more could you ask for?!!
Old 29 Sep 2002, 22:35 (Ref:391537)   #10
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed it too, in spite of the farce finish. Clearly one of the better events this year.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 01:13 (Ref:391661)   #11
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
It's a horrible circuit to drive, but the nature of it (tight sections with fast sections) seems to produce good racing. I suppose the circuit has parts of it that would suit different cars, so there's places where they can close on each other.

Now, if only we could have a race on that course.
Exactly. You see how Webber's Minardi was all over the back of the cars in front through the infield only to be dropped off down the straight. I would love to be driving a Minardi with a Ferrari engine.