Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Oct 2002, 06:41 (Ref:415244)   #1
rocket
Racer

rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bright on ingall

i know theres talk of fining bright but why didnt he get served with a drive through penalty for his "TAKEOUT" on ingall. he was on the outside going into the chicane jumped the kerb & then blatenly took ingall out. why didnt he back off & drop in behind he was never going to get past then.
what drugs do they feed the drivers at hrt cos they all seem to think they own the track & everyone else should just let them past, what a bunch of
Old 28 Oct 2002, 06:43 (Ref:415246)   #2
Rhys_00
Racer

Rhys_00 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, if they can do what they want (e.g. what you just described) and not get penalised,then what is to stop them? Of course they will do it. I was very p!ssed off to see what jason bright did too, its typical HRT.
Old 28 Oct 2002, 08:33 (Ref:415269)   #3
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bright and Ingall were side by side over most of the chicane but on the exit Ingall took his normal line but Bright, instead of conceding track position, deliberately moved over on Ingall probably feeling that if he didn't, he would be walled by Ingall and in reply walled Ingall back. Pretty spiteful stuff. Ingall didn't deserve a "thin body" Commodore and Bright should not have got away with it.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 28 Oct 2002, 10:25 (Ref:415317)   #4
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I reckon it was a racing incident between 2 hard aggressive racers. They were side by side throughout the chicane. Yes, Ingall took his normal line out of the chicane, but when you have a car alongside (surely he could see Bright there) it is called squeezing him into the wall. Ingall tried to squeeze Bright into lifting and he didn't. Bright did not ram him into the other wall, he steered away from the wall that he was being pushed into.

I call it 50/50.
Old 28 Oct 2002, 11:40 (Ref:415373)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Surely they wouldn't penalise him any further, after all, he did take out another Holden...

I remember at Eastern Creek a couple of years ago, when Ingall punted Bargs off... when it went to the stewards, Bargs didn't object to it, after all, you wouldn't want to drag someone from the team of champions down!
Old 29 Oct 2002, 03:36 (Ref:416069)   #6
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was shocked that no penalty was given to Bright during the race Saturday as he should have backed out instead of jumping the kerb to continue the battle.
Old 29 Oct 2002, 04:43 (Ref:416090)   #7
Nivola
Racer

Nivola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All i say is HRT TWR
Old 29 Oct 2002, 05:12 (Ref:416100)   #8
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I'm almost with mac on this one. Both went in very hard not willing to concede track position. However it became dangerous in the end so both deserved a penalty. Ingall obviously got his punishment, so Bright should have recieved a drivethrough.

50/50
Old 29 Oct 2002, 05:38 (Ref:416107)   #9
stido
Racer

stido should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
about time a great topic on Ingall

Ingall was on the racing line all the way around, bright was trying to overtake where it was impossible. If bright had brains he would have slowed down knowing that ingall had the racing line and he didnt. sure even if it was 50/50 why wasnt bright fined on the earlier collision with ingall. while ingall entered pitlane, bright literally drove into the back of ingalls arse! there was no need for that either!

I know ingall is a great driver and all, but he is married and he doesnt like being done up the butt or getting done sideways (chicane incident) especially not by a HRT piece of poo!

INGALL RULZ!!
Old 29 Oct 2002, 05:50 (Ref:416108)   #10
stido
Racer

stido should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi guys, most of you seem to be suporting ingall which is good

does anyone have a picture of Ingalls car from that crash??

the side of his car when he was on the towtruck looked severely damaged and if anyone has a picture of the damaged car, can you plz put a link that leads to it please?

thanks

Stido
if you wish to email the pic plz send it to this address:
enforcer_stido@hotmail.com
Old 29 Oct 2002, 05:59 (Ref:416113)   #11
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by stido
sure even if it was 50/50 why wasnt bright fined on the earlier collision with ingall. while ingall entered pitlane, bright literally drove into the back of ingalls arse! there was no need for that either!
Because there was no damage done. Russell's car was fine, he didn't go over the pit limit and didn't lose a position. Bright was merely unsighted.

I don't agree with a penalty for Bright on either of the incidents. I think it was a 50/50 and Ingall was unlucky to end up in the wall.

It was brilliant car control from both of them to remain side-by-side for so long. It was only undone when Russell squeezed Bright at the end. Ingall tried to "enforce" Bright into lifting and it bit him on the bum. Rusty was no innocent party in that incident.
Old 29 Oct 2002, 06:44 (Ref:416152)   #12
rocket
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by mac
I reckon it was a racing incident between 2 hard aggressive racers. They were side by side throughout the chicane. Yes, Ingall took his normal line out of the chicane, but when you have a car alongside (surely he could see Bright there) it is called squeezing him into the wall. Ingall tried to squeeze Bright into lifting and he didn't. Bright did not ram him into the other wall, he steered away from the wall that he was being pushed into.

I call it 50/50.
the way i see it the car in front has the right of way (ingall) bright jumped the kerb (drive through offence) & put himself in the wrong position still didnt concede & put ingall into the wall, ingall held his line (rightfully). the only way he could have avoided taking bright to the wall would of been to jump the kerb there for opening himself up to a drive through
totaly brights fault why else would there be talk of fining him, he should of been penalised during the race (twice, one for jumping the kerb & one for punting ingall off) but i forgot theve got to let hrt go 1-2 in the championship so they cant put him in a situation where he would lose pts can they
Old 29 Oct 2002, 22:29 (Ref:416787)   #13
mac
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by rocket
ingall held his line (rightfully).
Michael Schumacher held his line at Jerez in '97. If there is a car alongside you, holding your line to the outside of the track is actually squeezing them off the road, or into a wall in this case.

Quote:
the only way he could have avoided taking bright to the wall would of been to jump the kerb there for opening himself up to a drive through
He could have gone through the left slower.

Quote:
totaly brights fault why else would there be talk of fining him, he should of been penalised during the race (twice, one for jumping the kerb & one for punting ingall off) but i forgot theve got to let hrt go 1-2 in the championship so they cant put him in a situation where he would lose pts can they
That's ****. They ****ed off Skaife in the first race with that stupid penalty - not to mention the rubbish Barbagallo call. And if that's the case, why did they ask Bright to let cars past him at Bathurst when he was the only car who had the right to the position?

They haven't fined him because it was a racing incident.
Old 30 Oct 2002, 06:29 (Ref:417090)   #14
rocket
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by mac
Michael Schumacher held his line at Jerez in '97. If there is a car alongside you, holding your line to the outside of the track is actually squeezing them off the road, or into a wall in this case.
i agree except when the racing line goes directly to the wall.the other driver has an obligation to put his car in a safe position to overtake & bright clearly didnt!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------

He could have gone through the left slower.
------------------------------------------------------------
true it would have saved a lot of damage & then maybe bright would have been given a penalty for jumping the kerb
but theres not many drivers who slow down when they are in front &on the racing line, would you?
i supose we will have to wait untill the NZ round & they hold a hearing to see if he will be fined
Old 30 Oct 2002, 08:37 (Ref:417165)   #15
mac
Veteran

I agree to disagree. I don't think they should ping Bright. Leave it at two hard, aggressive racers having a misunderstanding, I say.
Old 30 Oct 2002, 12:28 (Ref:417324)   #16
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Geez, it was a racing incident, Bright had to swerve left to avoid hitting the wall, and they were side by side though the chicane, whats wrong?

People complain about the racing not being close and the drivers being pussies, well there was some good close racing, there was contact, and a car went into the wall, thats racing.

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 30 Oct 2002, 23:30 (Ref:418039)   #17
Mattracer
Veteran

Stido, I've always followed Ingall, fiery driver who makes things happen on the track. Who could forget his ballsy move around the OUTSIDE of DJ at the Lakeside kink in '98? I was there on that corner and it had everyone around me shaking their heads and smiling wide. This one is a bit of a difficult one as I don't mind Skaife but don't care much for Bright and I'm torn between backing HRT or Ingall. I tend to follow drivers not teams. In the end, two tuff nuts going at it and this time Ingall coming off second best. I should add though that some of Ingall's other moves have been executed with a fair and willing participant eg. DJ and Bright was never going to lift there, it's not in him and Ingall was walled comprehensively. Maybe he'll get square if that is how he likes to play it. If he does Bright should be very worried...

Old 30 Oct 2002, 23:33 (Ref:418043)   #18
Mattracer
Veteran

Nivola, HRT TWR... what? To blame?

Old 31 Oct 2002, 10:51 (Ref:418284)   #19
Nivola
Racer

Nivola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mattracer i wrote that because if you look at the sport over the last decade there have been alot of calls that hrt twr have got away with. where other teams like grm have had the book tossed at them. Yes you will say other teams have got away with it to but there just seems to my view that twr and hrt get away with more. But this is a game if you can get away with it you get away with it.
Old 1 Nov 2002, 01:42 (Ref:419014)   #20
Mattracer
Veteran

Nivola, thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't quite sure what you meant. I was wondering if you were an HRT "sheep" but I can see that you're not.