Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 Nov 2002, 14:12 (Ref:427060)   #1
a_r_c_a
Racer

a_r_c_a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Bucknum dancing to LMP675 title

The Team Bucknum just finished a test in Nevada and is now preparing to ship its two Pilbeam MP84-Nissan chassis to England for extensive testing and modification at Pilbeam Racing Designs. The first and still only team to win a race in the American Le Mans Series with a Pilbeam chassis, Team Bucknum hopes that the modifications will make its two Fairytale Brownies-sponsored cars even more competitive in the fastest-growing class in the ALMS. Team Bucknum is dancing to LMP675 championship! MG/Lola are to die of fear!
Old 12 Nov 2002, 16:29 (Ref:427124)   #2
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're kidding, right?

The Pilbeam's a rolling roadblock, and an ugly one at that. The _only_ thing it has going for it is reliability.
Old 12 Nov 2002, 21:29 (Ref:427318)   #3
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup, "die of fear" is probably a bit of an exaggeration...
This car may have a future in the 750 category, and in FIA SR2, but as more 675s come "online" (and hopefully become more reliable) they'll find the going pretty tough in ALMS.
Old 13 Nov 2002, 12:00 (Ref:427698)   #4
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Bucknum was one of two three-time winners in the 10-race ALMS season in 2002 in the LMP675 class but MG stills the LMP675 of the moment.
Old 13 Nov 2002, 13:33 (Ref:427750)   #5
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had heard that Pilbeam had a new 675-class chassis, that Bucknam was hot after that. Now, the way Jeff is talking, it's chassis upgrades. What exactly is Pilbeam doing?

The other thing I've heard is that their motors are being upgraded (3.0 to 3.4L IIRC) which will give them ~100 more horses. Jeff said he felt competitive on tracks with short straights, but the horses should help get their top speed closer to the rest of the class. Lee's right about them being rolling chicanes at Mosport, but, hey, they won, right? They weren't as bad as the B2K/40s...

Keep within a lap or two of the MGs and wait for the MGs to come back to them, I'd guess, is the strategy.

Anyway, whatever gets them back to Mosport so I get more free brownies is a good thing.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James