Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 10 Jan 2003, 13:26 (Ref:470182)   #1
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Germany is a go !!!

http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=5371[/URL]
Old 10 Jan 2003, 13:43 (Ref:470194)   #2
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
EVERYBODY DANCE!!!
Pook does it again! This will be the best season ever, with the present schedule of races and new, up-and-comming talent combined with seasoned veterans, not to mention television contracts both in europe, asia, and stateside.
You just gotta love the way events are going so far, and the plans for the future, both months away and by '05, are looking just great.
Old 10 Jan 2003, 14:00 (Ref:470209)   #3
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How good is that! Two European events announced in just a few days

I am glad to see another oval race on the schedule, I don't like ovals that much, but it gives some variety. Excellent news.
Old 10 Jan 2003, 19:30 (Ref:470522)   #4
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good news indeed. CART needed another oval. Did anyone hear anything about this before hand? I think having the German race also raises CART's profile in Europe as the top open wheel series in the US. (from both a fan standpoint and recruiting drivers) CART was embarrased with the cancelation of both European races, nice to see good replacements.

But where's SPA?!?
Old 11 Jan 2003, 02:07 (Ref:470880)   #5
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Germany love their CART racing, so it's good to see it back at Lausitz.
Old 11 Jan 2003, 13:32 (Ref:471108)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's a shame the Sap race won't be happening, at least not this year, but it is good to have another oval on the schedule. I just hope the new aero package makes it as exciting as some of the IRL races.
Old 11 Jan 2003, 13:33 (Ref:471109)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What, with huge flying crashes on every lap? No thank you -- the accident they already had there is plenty for me ...

I think this track is snakebitten, but it's good to have another European race during May.
Old 11 Jan 2003, 14:15 (Ref:471139)   #8
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If one thinks about it, there are several tracks in europe that can fill-in that third May weekend void where the "paper clip" is.

Dijon-Prenois and Clermont-Ferrand in France, Vallelunga or Barcelona in Spain, Zandvoort in Holland, Brno in Czech Republic, and several others. The favorites that the most of us would like to see are Spa and Estoril, but there are other choices.

Who knows, we might get surprised yet again...
Old 12 Jan 2003, 00:32 (Ref:471613)   #9
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brno!!! I've always wanted to see open-wheelers race around Brno, the bikes always put on a fantastic show. And the Czech's love their motorsport.
Old 12 Jan 2003, 01:26 (Ref:471657)   #10
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Brno up to Champcar safety standards? Has anyone in the Czech republic even heard of champcar racing?

Regarding Clermont-Ferrand, that's a new circuit on the site of the old one am I correct?
Old 12 Jan 2003, 01:38 (Ref:471668)   #11
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
Brno is very safe. Whether anyone in the Czech Republic has heard of ChampCar racing is a nother matter!
Old 12 Jan 2003, 02:17 (Ref:471694)   #12
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I too am glad to see CART put in another oval. It's funny because I'm not a big fan of the ovals, especially the big ones but CART was losing its balance in track type and this helps that situation. I do really love the diversity of the series.

Even better may be the message to TG that his league doesn't own the exclusive right to oval racing and CART's not giving it away.