Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Feb 2003, 13:17 (Ref:505392)   #1
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lister Storm LMP

Anyone out there near Jerez this weekend. Reports say the Lister will be having it's initial shakedown test's there this weekend.
Can anybody get some pics of the new car.
Old 13 Feb 2003, 13:39 (Ref:505403)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll go if someone's paying.........
Old 13 Feb 2003, 14:41 (Ref:505438)   #3
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Seen it! It looks fantastic!!
Old 13 Feb 2003, 15:31 (Ref:505467)   #4
IanGrohse
Racer

IanGrohse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish it would test at a track that ALMS cars run on, so we could get an idea of the comparable lap times.
Old 13 Feb 2003, 15:36 (Ref:505471)   #5
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Seen it! It looks fantastic!!
Is it along the same lines as the Storm GT car, mainly black with the stress patern on it, or are new sponsors involved?
Old 13 Feb 2003, 16:01 (Ref:505507)   #6
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
I saw it without bodywork so couldn't say - but the standard of finish was excellent
Old 13 Feb 2003, 17:14 (Ref:505583)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From the picture I have seen it looks fantastic, let just hope it goes aswell as it looks.........
Old 15 Feb 2003, 22:34 (Ref:508011)   #8
Sean Crockett
Racer

Wales
South Wales (UK)
Sean Crockett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really hope it goes well --- front looks a little weird though!! At least Andy Thorby hasn't tried to do an Audi clone.
Old 16 Feb 2003, 02:26 (Ref:508259)   #9
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

You can check it out on mulsanne's corner. It is wild looking, very different air management.
Old 16 Feb 2003, 17:22 (Ref:508658)   #10
Sean Crockett
Racer

Wales
South Wales (UK)
Sean Crockett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One thought which comes to mind - Will the Storm LMP be eligible under the 2004 rules? If not, this seems a rather reckless investment for a small company like Lister to make.
Old 16 Feb 2003, 17:47 (Ref:508689)   #11
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Storm LMP will be able to be converted to the 2004 rules, as will virtually all current prototypes.

I read someone say that the Lister LMP could even be converted to a coupe due to the 2004 cockpit regs which will enable easy convertion. How true this is I don't know.
Old 16 Feb 2003, 18:19 (Ref:508714)   #12
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Andy Thorby had this to say last year:

>>Lister LMP update:
Mulsanne's Corner: Recently Laurence Pearce was quoted discussing the Lister in regards to potential rules changes in '04 and was quoted as saying that if closed top cars appeared to get the nod, then the Lister LMP design might change to accommodate this.

Thorby: I have been involved in the sportscar technical working group meetings intended to devise a set of regs. for both FIA and ACO. One of the issues concerning the FIA Safety Commission is that currently it is impossible to remove the helmet of a driver in a closed car without moving him. I suggested that doors should be asymmetric, so that the plan-view opening of the door on the driver's side matches the mandatory cockpit opening of the open cars: it would then be possible to incorporate the same head protection structures in closed cars as are required in open cars. The Safety Commission appear to have accepted that, although I haven't had confirmation. My view expressed to Laurence is that, if these ideas are implemented, it will be possible to convert from open to closed relatively simply, and I would relish that.
Old 16 Feb 2003, 18:30 (Ref:508724)   #13
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very interesting. I really hope we see more coupes as I grew up watching Group C. Most manufactuers and designers and manufactuers also seem to prefer coupes asthetically and technically if they are not handicapped against the open top cars as they are at the moment with teh smaller tyres. Afterall look how manufactuers, in the main, prefered GT1s to LMPs before it became clear LMPs were the way to go.