Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Feb 2003, 16:22 (Ref:519397)   #1
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jaguar For British GT's

It was reported in this weeks Motorsport News that Allen Lloyd has commissioned an XK8 GT Racer.
It will be a GTO spec race car, which has been in developement for the last two years. The machine has already tested and will race this year.
Old 27 Feb 2003, 17:03 (Ref:519434)   #2
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
who is Allen Lloyd?
Old 27 Feb 2003, 17:37 (Ref:519466)   #3
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Allen Lloyd has been a regular on the UK historic racing scene, usually in a variety of Jaguars- saloons, E-Types and historic Group C. He was also a British GT regular a few years back, most notably with his ex-TWR Le Mans Jaguar XJ220C

Last edited by KA; 27 Feb 2003 at 17:39.
Old 27 Feb 2003, 19:13 (Ref:519562)   #4
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks KA. Do you know where can I find pictures of the car?
Old 27 Feb 2003, 19:21 (Ref:519573)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not seen this weeks Motorsport News, this is an interesting development, maybe we might end up with a full work Jaguar entry at Le Mans in a few years time, when the Ford paymasters pull the plug on there F1 project.........
Old 27 Feb 2003, 19:36 (Ref:519597)   #6
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
TVRfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i believe the guy runs a jag dealership doesnt he? same as martin short wwith the tvr last year. could mean very close cooperation with the factory, such as tvr and shorty! heres hoping! dont reckon the car will be brilliant tho, very heavy! great to see new cars in the class1
Old 27 Feb 2003, 19:50 (Ref:519615)   #7
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't expect Allen Lloyd to get much "works" assistance, he has always been (afaik) a privateer, but he is a hard racer. Should be good to see.

And I remember the Jag 220 in the BGT's had speed, eventually, but was far too heavy to be seriously competitive

Allen also runs a GT40
Old 27 Feb 2003, 21:22 (Ref:519691)   #8
MGF
Racer

MGF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
maybe we might end up with a full work Jaguar entry at Le Mans in a few years time, when the Ford paymasters pull the plug on there F1 project.........

He shoots, he scores!!

About time something was done about that shower
Old 27 Feb 2003, 21:29 (Ref:519699)   #9
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
Not seen this weeks Motorsport News, this is an interesting development, maybe we might end up with a full work Jaguar entry at Le Mans in a few years time, when the Ford paymasters pull the plug on there F1 project.........
Ford only care about F1 and Rallying, but if they drop F1, a years budget should be enough money for 4 whole seasons of GT racing.If only.
Old 27 Feb 2003, 21:57 (Ref:519732)   #10
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jasongore
Ford only care about F1 and Rallying, but if they drop F1, a years budget should be enough money for 4 whole seasons of GT racing.If only.
We can only dream
Old 28 Feb 2003, 03:20 (Ref:520058)   #11
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I just hope that Ford doesn't tire of Jaguar itself losing money again and pull the plug on that.
Old 28 Feb 2003, 08:36 (Ref:520191)   #12
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
Allen Lloyd is the man behind Lloyds Chemists I believe, but he is also a non-executive director of Jaguar cars. So there may be some factory involvment some where.

The car has been built by Gerry Wainwright (who is Allen's regular co-driver in the pan-european group C championship) hopes the car would produce around 400bhp from the 4 litre Jag engine. They have also had to carry out a lot of work to reduce the weight of the car.

Hopefully all this work will pay off for them and they have a great year in British GT's.
Old 28 Feb 2003, 10:03 (Ref:520254)   #13
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i dont know,
aren't Jaguar bringing out a new sports car soon,
the 'F' type,
wouldn't it make sence to wait for that and use the GTs as advertising for that.
If it follows the style and principles as the old 'E' tpe then it should kick arse.
Old 28 Feb 2003, 11:01 (Ref:520293)   #14
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by egor
Allen Lloyd is the man behind Lloyds Chemists I believe, but he is also a non-executive director of Jaguar cars.
I'm sure that's him- think he's got a pretty impressive collection of historic Jaguars

It's certainly a brave project- I can't imagine Jaguar ever had racing in mind when they designed the car, so it's going to take a lot of work to make something competitive.

It's good to see someone taking on the challenge of running something a bit different though- particularly as it's a Jaguar
Old 28 Feb 2003, 12:43 (Ref:520364)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is the guy who raced several cars at the Le Mans Classic, yes?
Old 28 Feb 2003, 13:01 (Ref:520387)   #16
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
Yes I believe so, he competes often in historic races. I think he also owns an XJR16 aswell as more older historic Jaguars of all types.
Old 3 Mar 2003, 14:20 (Ref:523482)   #17
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
i never really liked that jag,
too high and the weels are too thin,
why not a DB7,
i've seen one of them race.
Old 3 Mar 2003, 16:59 (Ref:523607)   #18
KA
Veteran

Someone did plan to run a DB7 in GTO a couple of years ago- think there was even a car built, but don't know what came of it....
Old 3 Mar 2003, 17:35 (Ref:523633)   #19
jase
Veteran

I believe that it runs accasionally in AMOC's Intermarque races
Old 3 Mar 2003, 17:40 (Ref:523639)   #20
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
It does indeed - and a thing of great lovelieness it is too!
Old 4 Mar 2003, 01:47 (Ref:524058)   #21
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Smokey 6 litre
i never really liked that jag,
too high and the weels are too thin,
why not a DB7,
i've seen one of them race.
is this a poem?

haiku maybe?
Old 4 Mar 2003, 07:04 (Ref:524178)   #22
jase
Veteran

Graham, if I recall correctly, the goal of the Aston was to eventually race in the BGT's, any idea if it really will.

IMO, seeing Jaguar and Aston Martin, 2 names synomenous with Britain, going head to head with each other would be a promotional coup surely.
Old 6 Mar 2003, 17:03 (Ref:526767)   #23
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by KA
Someone did plan to run a DB7 in GTO a couple of years ago- think there was even a car built, but don't know what came of it....
What is that stretched Aston Martin Vantage replica car that's been in the Heritage Grand Touring Challenge at the Toca events last year?
Old 6 Mar 2003, 17:23 (Ref:526790)   #24
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The DB7 is unlikely to get into BGTs (unless it qualifies a s a cup class car) as the current supercharged '6' doesn't have nearly enough grunt to compete in GTO.

The big yellow Aston is known as a GT700 and was built by super-successful Aston club racer David Ellis - It was due to race originally in the late (un)lamented ISC but was then refused an entry before the one and only round - A fantastic looking beast though!!
Old 10 Mar 2003, 15:15 (Ref:531474)   #25
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham Goodwin

The big yellow Aston is known as a GT700 and was built by super-successful Aston club racer David Ellis - It was due to race originally in the late (un)lamented ISC but was then refused an entry before the one and only round - A fantastic looking beast though!!
i cant find a picture of that,
i went to google and entered Aston Martin GT700 but got nothing,
do you know where i can find a picture or what to type into google to get one.