Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Apr 2003, 08:38 (Ref:558070)   #1
Rcutler
Rookie

Rcutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most outragous campsite setup

Over the years they have been some quite outragous setups on campsite pitches. The best I have ever seen was on the HOUX last year where a massive sound system was used and a tv projector used to show very large movies on the side of their marquee. Most memorably the lastest kylie DVD

Any other suggestions.
Old 4 Apr 2003, 11:45 (Ref:558222)   #2
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
One of the big boy's toys front, a crew at Maison Blanche a couple of years ago were quite impressive. Mid-afternoon on Thursday a deafening grinding sound could be heard. These guys had brought their own axle-grinder and were busy 'converting' one of the oil-drum/bins into a rather large bbq. Lots of noise and sparks - all very impressive. I'm sure a quick trip up to Carrefour for a bbq would have been easier though!
Old 4 Apr 2003, 15:35 (Ref:558474)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
The worst I saw is during motorbikes 24 hours... everywhere !
Old 4 Apr 2003, 18:52 (Ref:558664)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I remember listen to the Campsite tour on RLM a couple of years ago and some guys had a swimming pool and slide on the pitch..........
Old 5 Apr 2003, 07:33 (Ref:559088)   #5
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On my first trip to LM, the guys on the next pitch had bought a load of life-size inflatable dolls and were using them as sun loungers!
Old 5 Apr 2003, 16:39 (Ref:559377)   #6
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You need to see the Beermountain site, see Ayse's links. There are several good tips and photo's for pool and beer mountain construction.

Hard to say about the best, but in the old 'Houx' site there used to be several large camp fires with all sorts. A few years ago a group 'liberated' the Houx Annex toilet block roof and used it as a firework launch site.

Also a group quite close to our site decieded to dress up as 'ladies of the night' very scary....but very funny.

Simon
Old 8 Apr 2003, 21:12 (Ref:563269)   #7
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm going with work - my first ever trip to Le Mans
Old 9 Apr 2003, 06:38 (Ref:563558)   #8
halfwitt
Rookie

halfwitt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm afraid I'm with Fab all the way here. LM24 for cars is very tame indeed. Take a trip into the world of Mad max and go to the 24 Hours race at Le Mans for bikes. The camp sites are WILD. The car race camp sites are the very height of civility in comparison.

Best barbeque was a pit dug in the ground about 10 feet diameter, filled with coal, a whole pig being rotated on an axle, driven by a chain connected to a wheel-less bicycle ridden by several very drunk French.
Old 9 Apr 2003, 07:19 (Ref:563593)   #9
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Houx Annexe last year.. Bentley boys with large swimming pool and full sized bar appeared to be a fairly good effort!
Old 9 Apr 2003, 13:14 (Ref:563954)   #10
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hehe this all sounds very interesting...can't wait to be able to see it for myself!
Old 9 Apr 2003, 17:54 (Ref:564217)   #11
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Well I've heard Audi had also a very big campsite.
Old 11 Apr 2003, 03:42 (Ref:565806)   #12
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
didn't they build a hotel on site one year a couple years back?
Old 11 Apr 2003, 06:08 (Ref:565847)   #13
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by avsfan733
didn't they build a hotel on site one year a couple years back?
Correct, It was for the members of the press.........
Old 11 Apr 2003, 12:18 (Ref:566218)   #14
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bentley built their own hotel last year aswell.
Old 11 Apr 2003, 13:22 (Ref:566289)   #15
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
We build are own hotel every year! We have Individual rooms(tents) with a comunal facilities (hose & small tent), lounge(gazebo) full catering facilities (BBQ) full service bar (dustbin of cold water, beer, wine and bottle opener), caberet (all adjacent campsites), live entertainment (race).