Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Apr 2003, 02:57 (Ref:567808)   #1
weeks
Rookie

weeks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Closed Cockpit LMP750

Does anyone know if the 2004 rules allow closed cockpit cars in the smaller LMP class? I would be great to see a bunch of little Bently look-alikes running around the track.
I can't drive 55!
Old 13 Apr 2003, 08:12 (Ref:567908)   #2
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Closed Cockpit LMP750

Quote:
Originally posted by weeks
Does anyone know if the 2004 rules allow closed cockpit cars in the smaller LMP class? I would be great to see a bunch of little Bently look-alikes running around the track.
I didn't see it was forbidden...
Old 13 Apr 2003, 10:31 (Ref:568000)   #3
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What's the point. I've often thought about it, but you might as well then go and put a big engine in it, and some ballast and you have a GTP...
I think though it might be a better way to go about designing a GTP, imagine if someone took an MG and put an Audi engine in it, and a roof. Then you can stategically place the ballast in the car to suit you. I think it'd be really nice looking. But i think there probably are some aero issues, like no enough power to make it worth while lugging a bulge around on the top, something like that...
Old 15 Apr 2003, 04:00 (Ref:569741)   #4
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually, coupes are more aerodynamic than open cars, but more difficult to get a closed car down to the weight minimum.

As to LM675, it is actually more expensive to build a car down to that weight than to 900kg...that is part of the reason for the change to LM2/LM750, and making it a secondary, rather than a primary class next year..