Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 20 Apr 2003, 16:21 (Ref:574918)   #1
speedchick
Rookie

speedchick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thruxton BSB!

Just watched the races from Thruxton. How brilliant was Glen Richards today?! I have been a fan of his since I started following the bikes. I went to the first rounds this year and he got his first podium and today he was outstanding! Well done Glen!!!!

I feel quite worn out after just watching those races - a 30min BSB race is 1000x better than a 90min F1 race! Just watched San Marino GP and dont know why I bothered!

Roll on Oulton Park
Old 22 Apr 2003, 17:27 (Ref:576710)   #2
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watching the bikes at Thruxton are just amazing! It has to be one of the best tracks. What does anyone else think?
Old 23 Apr 2003, 20:08 (Ref:578532)   #3
DarrellB
Racer

United Kingdom
Wiltshire
DarrellB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula renault testing today was more exiting!!! And quicker
Old 23 Apr 2003, 22:06 (Ref:578703)   #4
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
But with testing, there's no excitement!! There's nothing to push for and nothing to gain from going a bit quicker. But putting everything on the line for a podium is spectacular! That's why people have to pay to see races but not testing! LOL!
Old 24 Apr 2003, 03:15 (Ref:578970)   #5
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
glen richards and the kwaka up to 3rd in points - great stuff!
ducati - booooooooo!
Old 24 Apr 2003, 07:08 (Ref:579084)   #6
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Talking to my physio who was working on my karting injuries yesterday and he said the Japanese lad who races for Rizla Suzuki was in all last week being worked on so he could race at the weekend. Does anyone know if that team is based in Verwood/Bournemouth as I keep seeing their vans about the place? Sounds like they have been in the wars as Reynolds has a bust collarbone as well IIRC. Anyone know why the japanese lads been placed in BSB?
Old 25 Apr 2003, 12:01 (Ref:580482)   #7
Dave Cooney
Rookie

United Kingdom
Derby
Dave Cooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kagayama has a flat supplied by Suzuki in Bournemouth, team are based down there but not exactly sure where. He's is employed by the Suzuki factory and is here to help develop the GSXR ready for full factory return to WSBK as a guess.
Old 25 Apr 2003, 15:11 (Ref:580668)   #8
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ah I keep seeing the suzuki vans around where I live, makes sense.
Old 28 Apr 2003, 10:47 (Ref:582696)   #9
DarrellB
Racer

United Kingdom
Wiltshire
DarrellB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ATF
But with testing, there's no excitement!! There's nothing to push for and nothing to gain from going a bit quicker. But putting everything on the line for a podium is spectacular! That's why people have to pay to see races but not testing! LOL!
Yes and it was still more exiting!!!
Old 29 Apr 2003, 13:02 (Ref:583741)   #10
UkF1 Lad
Rookie

UkF1 Lad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The British Superbikes was absolutely stunning to watch! I really enjoyed BBC2's bike coverage on Sunday!!! Great stuff!

Some stunning onboard camera's in the BSB too, hope they ahve the same for future rounds!
Old 29 Apr 2003, 20:24 (Ref:584256)   #11
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
Quote:
Originally posted by UkF1 Lad
The British Superbikes was absolutely stunning to watch! I really enjoyed BBC2's bike coverage on Sunday!!! Great stuff!
It's a pity it was only half an hour long for two races! There was so much action they missed out. It just goes to show what a great job Sky have done this year. All races live and uninterrupted (no adverts) and support races live too! And plenty of interviews and features etc! Well done Sky!