Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 20 Aug 2000, 18:51 (Ref:31666)   #1
Darkwing
Rookie

Darkwing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Shew that was one mean battle between Rossi and Mcoy at Brno.Mcoy really is one exiting dude to watch. The way he slides that bike!!!
Unfortunately he seems very inconsistent tho.

And hey hey hey Rossi is now 2nd in the championship
Old 20 Aug 2000, 22:50 (Ref:31732)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Woooo hooooo! Top race all round, ok Biaggi won, but you get that.....Rossi for champion!!
Old 20 Aug 2000, 23:37 (Ref:31740)   #3
Rossifumi
Racer

Rossifumi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've heard somebody say(in this forum) that it would be impossible for Rossi to win the championship this year,i wonder what that person thinks now!

Everybody is talking about the exiting riding style of Gary McCoy,i think he should be banned from 500 for riding dangerously and recless.If he likes to slide he should go back to dirttrack!

Did anybody see Criville today?
Old 21 Aug 2000, 04:31 (Ref:31791)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
c'mon rossifumi, ban mccoy - what aload of ****. now i have forgotten what i was going to say, i am just to upset....
Old 21 Aug 2000, 11:13 (Ref:31815)   #5
Rossifumi
Racer

Gomick i didn't mean to upset anybody!I probably could have said it a bit different,but it's how i think of it.It's just my opinion.Don't get me wrong i've got great respect for all of the riders out there,they can probably go round those tracks way faster then i ever will!

But sliding means in my book that you lost traction and los of traction means less speed so maybe if he would try to get a hold of that he could go faster around that track.But he's depending on his sliding he even chooses a softer tyre just so he could slide more.Isn't this the wrong way to go?

Ok i must admit it looks spectacular but i also can see the danger of it.

I'm sorry if i offended you but it's like i said just my opinion.
And say so yourself if we all liked the same rider wouldn't it be boring.

Sorry again Gomick! I like West doh!Does that make up for something?
Old 21 Aug 2000, 11:43 (Ref:31819)   #6
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think banning him is a bit harsh. Maybe a warning. But as I haven't seen all the GP yet, I can't really comment.

From what I've seen of McCoy's riding before, it can be considered dangerous under some circumstances as he is on more of a knife egde than most and for a longer period of time. But at the same time, it is his fastest way around a racetrack. It is proof that smoother is not always faster.

Rossifumi, you are forgiven as you like West But then as you like Rossi, that is all you need
Old 21 Aug 2000, 18:13 (Ref:31882)   #7
Darkwing
Rookie

Ban MCoy? Never he is just what the sport needs, and I don't see how he's "dangerous". It's a dangerous sport and I havn't seen him take anyone out, or heard nyone complain.

As to the forum member who said Rossi can't win... well it was me I still doubt he can, unless KR has some awful luck... then again I suppose you never know.
Anyone done the maths on points left etc etc so we can check his chances??

Ciao
DW(Who's not even sure how many races are left)

Old 21 Aug 2000, 18:28 (Ref:31888)   #8
Darkwing
Rookie

Oh Rossifumi, I saw Criville, and he was behind Sete Giblets,...
Old 21 Aug 2000, 18:37 (Ref:31890)   #9
Rossifumi
Racer

There are still 5 races to go and Rossi is 42 points behind KR.Kr just has to fall out ones and Rossi will be all over him!

I think anything is possible!
Old 21 Aug 2000, 19:07 (Ref:31895)   #10
Darkwing
Rookie

Hmm you right Rossifumi,he needs an average of 8.4pts more than roberts per race.
1st=25 3rd=16? That will do
Possible, but unlikely unless KR does something silly, or has awful luck. But I am Hoping
BtW did you notice VR sprayed most of his Champagne over the girl next to him? How was max on his last lap- showing off. Also Rossi doing a burn-up on the "move"
Old 21 Aug 2000, 20:57 (Ref:31923)   #11
Rossifumi
Racer

I've got more then hope he will do it!

Hmm Max! It looked like he won his first race this season.Ohh that's right it was!

Did you see how long that burnout was?I would have fallen of after a few inches!
Old 22 Aug 2000, 09:55 (Ref:32067)   #12
Devlin
Racer

Devlin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BAN Cpt. Sideways? C'mon, Rossifumi, you gotta be kidding. Dangerous, you say? So when did he cause an accident involving another rider? I know a couple of other riders who employ questionable tactics when someone tries to overtake them, and yet no one calls that dangerous. And compared to that, Gazza's antics are childrens' play. I mean, forchristsake, the guy's got that machine completely under control. It's just his riding style - he did, after all, come from speedway. And it's because of this that he (more often than not) chooses the softer settings on his bike, as well as a 16,5" rear wheel. And, didn't Valentino say at the press conference after the Czech GP that "next time he would pay a ticket", refering to the part of the race when he followed McCoy around and watched him do his thing? I heard no objections about anything being dangerous...
Old 22 Aug 2000, 10:59 (Ref:32076)   #13
Rossifumi
Racer

Ok let me put it in an other way,is there anybody who thinks that McCoy ever will be champion with that riding style?
I don't think so because his style only seems to work when the track is completly dry,and this is not only my opinion but an proven fact because he only finnished in front in the races that where dry!So if he ever wants to become champion he must change his style!
Old 22 Aug 2000, 12:47 (Ref:32105)   #14
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
mumble mumble...Mugello last year was wet...mumble mumble

McCoy does try to do something different to everyone else, along with his riding style, and sometimes that backfires in a big way...such as being two laps down in a race this year.

I'm not entirely sure what Max was thinking when he lifted his rear wheel off the deck on the last lap...that is more of a slow down lap trick.
Old 22 Aug 2000, 14:17 (Ref:32124)   #15
Devlin
Racer

Devlin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For all it's worth...

Rossifumi - He may never be champion, true, but on his day he puts on a better show than all the other riders combined!

Elephino - maybe it just went a little bit out of control with Max, as was the case with that monster-wheelie (the mother of all whelies, some wil say) in 1998, at the same track.

Old 22 Aug 2000, 21:08 (Ref:32185)   #16
Rossifumi
Racer

hmmmm........

Elephino?
Mugello last year? :confused:
In my memory McCoy wasn't even riding for the Redbull team then but Simon Crafar did and he finnished 12th!

So i thought maybe he ment this year,but that's not possible too!Mugello this year was very dry and a great race aswell!
But McCoy didn't finnish that race!

So can you please tell me what you ment?

Old 22 Aug 2000, 22:25 (Ref:32196)   #17
Valentinik
Rookie

Valentinik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To Rossi-Mcoy rocks

I think the race that eliphino is referring to was Jerez last year when Mcoy rode with an intermediate front and slick rear on a track that was still drying out (all the 250's ran wets). Mcoy finished third, going sideways round half the track.
Having said that I can see where you are coming from, this year Mcoy has made some overly risky tyre choices on tracks that aren't soaking wet. Sometimes I think he would be better to play safe.
Whether or not he can win a championship with that riding style, I dont see why not. Check out the footage of Kevin Schwantz or Wayne Rainey winning races or even Mick Doohan just a few years ago. All these guys span the rear as and when required and they won a fair few titles between them. It was only when front tyre grip and predictable throttle response improved to the point they are at now that "250 style" riders could do well on a 500.
Dont forget Mcoy only started racing a 500 about 13 months ago and hasn't had the advantage of getting Mick Doohans pit crew and team.
Don't get me wrong though, the biggest problem for Mcoy to overcome in winning a title will be the domination of the sport by Mr Rossi and Mr Roberts for the next few years.
Old 24 Aug 2000, 12:08 (Ref:32500)   #18
elephino
Veteran

OK, Jerez...I must be getting old.
Old 24 Aug 2000, 20:29 (Ref:32552)   #19
Darkwing
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by elephino
OK, Jerez...I must be getting old.
Hmm an I thought Elphino's never forget

Old 24 Aug 2000, 20:51 (Ref:32557)   #20
Rossifumi
Racer

Some of them do if they are really really old !
Old 26 Aug 2000, 12:49 (Ref:32911)   #21
elephino
Veteran

I'm not that old...yet. Unless I've forgotten my age
Old 29 Aug 2000, 19:05 (Ref:33741)   #22
dododo
Rookie

dododo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that man McCoy

McCoy for President I say. I don't care if he never wins
another race let alone a championship. As long as he smokes that reartyre he can stay. Besides, remember eh wots 'is name.....eh..Doohan? Or how about HAGA for that matter? Slip slidin' away those two. Or what do you think of Chris Walker in the British Superbike. Should they be banned?
I think not!
BTW: lovely for Schwantz to do this off-road thing but I'd rather see him in WSB.