Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 29 May 2003, 17:55 (Ref:613906)   #1
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Milwaukee on TSN

Just noticing that, although SV's raceday coverage begins Saturday at 9PM ET, the TSN broadcast begins a half-hour earlier. So be forewarned and don't tune in too late!

And a friendly reminder that quals are on SV Friday night at 9:30. I can't wait to see these cars under the lights! They're gonna shine as bright as stars in the sky!
Old 29 May 2003, 18:27 (Ref:613930)   #2
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The firt half hour is just the pre-race show though, no?
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 29 May 2003, 18:30 (Ref:613937)   #3
Jack Man
Racer

Canada
Mississauga Ont Canada
Jack Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree Mac should be an awesome sight. I wonder if any of the teams will run special paint jobs?
Old 29 May 2003, 18:38 (Ref:613945)   #4
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, the first half hour is the pre-race. I would just assume that SV is doing a pre-race too, and therefore the green flag might fall in Canada earlier. Depends on whether or not SV is delaying 30mins.
Old 29 May 2003, 19:57 (Ref:614048)   #5
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
I guess I should'a done more research first?
(All times ET)
SV's coverage also starts at 8:30 with pre-race.
But SV continues on until 11:30, whereas TSN cuts away at 11:00.
And you better believe that SV will be blacked out in Canada for that last half-hour! Thanks (again), TSN!

SV rebroadcast at 1AM.

TSN: http://www.tsn.ca/broadcast/Schedule...=0&Channel=TSN

SV: http://www.speedtv.com/schedule/inde...am=&usecal=yes

Last edited by macdaddy; 29 May 2003 at 19:57.
Old 30 May 2003, 15:34 (Ref:614867)   #6
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Right after SV's coverage of quals, Jimmy Vasser will be on WindTunnel.
Old 30 May 2003, 23:37 (Ref:615377)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Sun says that the race on TSN is "tape delayed same day coverage" which is interesting given the fact that it starts half an hour before the live race!

I see that qualifying allegedly begins when some NA$CAR event is over. And what is the chance that we miss at least half of it?
Old 1 Jun 2003, 10:23 (Ref:616579)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can you believe TSN cut away before Jourdain was even out of the car???? Time for another protest!
Old 1 Jun 2003, 14:43 (Ref:616727)   #9
TedN
Racer

Canada
Georgetown, ON, Canada
TedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Can you believe TSN cut away before Jourdain was even out of the car???? Time for another protest!
I agree. That was pitiful!! Surely they could have stayed on another 10 minutes, especially at 11:30 p.m. I might fire off a note to Players as well. See what they think.

Ted

Old 1 Jun 2003, 14:49 (Ref:616736)   #10
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
You'd be better off to write Molson/Molstar.
Old 1 Jun 2003, 15:16 (Ref:616778)   #11
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, that wasn't too good... Write away...let them know the fans are there and ****ed.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 1 Jun 2003, 16:17 (Ref:616856)   #12
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Just like I said before the race, "But SV continues on until 11:30, whereas TSN cuts away at 11:00. And you better believe that SV will be blacked out in Canada for that last half-hour!"

TSN is very predictable, aren't they? The only good thing they've done was to show Brands live. Other than that, their treatment of CART is terrible. This surprises me, considering the major interest Molson has in the series. And their treatment of the fans is equally shameful, as they will never reply to your emails. But we might as well keep sending 'em anyway, it certainly won't do any harm.
Old 1 Jun 2003, 17:22 (Ref:616917)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Send them to Cart.com too -- so they won't renew the contract with TSN!
Old 1 Jun 2003, 22:51 (Ref:617263)   #14
Jack Man
Racer

Canada
Mississauga Ont Canada
Jack Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if they would have stayed any longer if PT had won?
Old 1 Jun 2003, 23:28 (Ref:617292)   #15
crazytrain
Racer

crazytrain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David I doubt it TSN pulled the same trick on race 2 of the season which Tracy did win. This Blackout business with SV is bull! TSN had the EARL 497 start to finish but the kicker is that ABC WAS NOT BLACKED OUT! Conspiracy? Well ESPN owns a major share of TSN, and ESPN is EARL crazy these days......
Old 2 Jun 2003, 01:38 (Ref:617332)   #16
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Also, a cable channel can't request a blackout of a broadcast channel.

Did they do the switchover so that Canadian (ie TSN's) ads were on ABC? I didn't notice.

TSN is screwing Speed. It's got to stop. Time to tell CART that TSN is killing interest in Canada with their poor broadcast strategies.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 2 Jun 2003, 03:06 (Ref:617358)   #17
fast95pony
Veteran

Canada
Calgary,Alberta,Canada
fast95pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I attempted to tape the race (working) and missed most of it . TSN is a total mess. I'm going to complain (again..)
Old 2 Jun 2003, 04:46 (Ref:617384)   #18
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
That's the spirit! I've been *****ing at them for over a year! The only people that have replied to any emails were CART, though. And they forwarded one of them to some head honcho guy at Molson.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 04:56 (Ref:617386)   #19
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep if CART knows Canada is getting screwed on coverage they can go into bat for you. It's in their best interest so tell them every sorted detail.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 07:04 (Ref:617430)   #20
fast95pony
Veteran

Canada
Calgary,Alberta,Canada
fast95pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I complained to CART too !!
Old 2 Jun 2003, 13:51 (Ref:617783)   #21
EBTM
Rookie

EBTM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish they release the blackout for Speed Channel once TSN switch to hockey or other news... I wanted to see the podium celebration and I couldn't until Sunday night at Speed during a recap for the weekend...

Hopefully they will hear us...
Old 2 Jun 2003, 14:27 (Ref:617827)   #22
TedN
Racer

Canada
Georgetown, ON, Canada
TedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TSN did it again on Sunday afternoon. I watched the tail end of the NASCAR race from Dover. As soon as Ryan Newman won, TSN immediately switched over to ...... a replay of that morning's F1 race from Monaco, already in progress.

These TSN guys are a mess!

Wonder if the NASCAR fans in Canada are as ****ed at TSN as the OW fans?

Ted
Old 3 Jun 2003, 01:57 (Ref:618656)   #23
Liz
Veteran

There are NA$CAR fans in Canada?