Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Jun 2003, 23:37 (Ref:618562)   #1
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Weber - Michael will make his decision by Monza

http://www.gazzetta.it/statics/smoto....46308866.html

Schumi will either stay with Ferrari or retire - there is no option to switch teams - and he will let us know by Monza.

Let the rumours begin!!
Old 2 Jun 2003, 23:45 (Ref:618574)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I personally think that he will go, but thats only my opinion....based on nothing

If Williams announce that they have renewed JPM's contract then i think that Michael is staying, if we hear nothing from Williams/JPM before Monza then Michael might be going.

However, if Weber is saying this (if it's true and not speculation of course) then it's the first time that Michael has publicly thought of retirement.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 03:06 (Ref:618695)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Unless the new McLaren trounces the Ferrari (highly unlikely IMO) there is no way MS will retire this year. Looking at Michaels achievements, it's easy to forget that he is only 34 years old!

Michael loves his racing, and while he can still win, he wont go anywhere.

Quote:
I personally think that he will go, but thats only my opinion....based on nothing
I think it's based on wishful thinking mate
Old 3 Jun 2003, 03:11 (Ref:618697)   #4
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Yep he'll carry on for a while yet in F1,besides if he gives up what will he do for a living?. Theres not much call for ex-f1 drivers down the job centre.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 03:20 (Ref:618707)   #5
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
He'll be about for a bit yet, me thinks.

What'll he do for a living? Enjoy his family, and have the pleasure of never having to "work" another day in his life if he doesn't want to - the man is RIDICULOUSLY rich.

He wants to own a farm with loads of animals, particularly horses and goats, at the last time I checked.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 03:34 (Ref:618714)   #6
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
If the article is true, maybe Herr Weber has taken a liking to JPM and now Williams will give him an incentive to stay: $$$!

Who else besides the Schumachers does Weber represent?
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 08:44 (Ref:618897)   #7
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex

I think it's based on wishful thinking mate
Not at all, Wrex, to be honest, i'd rather see JPM staying at Williams, provided the team gets itself sorted or Renault provided they can get more power from their engine, and recent history (i.e the 90's) is proof enough that they know what they are doing when it comes to engines.

I personally don't want to see JPM in a Ferrari in the post Michael era when everyone at Ferrari leaves because Michael has.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 08:46 (Ref:618901)   #8
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Armco Bender
Yep he'll carry on for a while yet in F1,besides if he gives up what will he do for a living?. Theres not much call for ex-f1 drivers down the job centre.
I don't envisage Michael down the job centre somehow can you imagine him applying for a £4 an hour part time cleaning job
Old 3 Jun 2003, 09:15 (Ref:618921)   #9
perminder
Racer

United Kingdom
in my house
perminder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
didnt michael once say he was in love with the team?

i think his undying love for ferrari will keep him attacthed forever

Anyway, Ferarri will NEVER let him go hes good for the commercial image like Beckham at Man United

Lets face it children, TGF is Manchester United in Helmet.

Old 3 Jun 2003, 10:43 (Ref:618992)   #10
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He is the best in the world and he loves what he does. He stays!
Old 3 Jun 2003, 10:47 (Ref:618995)   #11
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I believe that he will drive at least through next season and then stay on with Ferrari after he retires from driving. Perhaps one day when Todt retires Michael may replace him.

I just don't see him "walking away" from the team he helped build.

But you are right V, just in case everyone leaves, I would rather JPM stay with Williams. By the mechanic's reaction Sunday you can tell they want him to stay - they love him!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 11:13 (Ref:619025)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeing his Third Place Face at Monaco, and hearing Bernie enthuse, "Two of the men on the podium today are the future of Formula One" and thinking "He used to mean me" may have finally started him thinking that it's better to go out a winner than end up like Damon Hill, announcing to an empty hall that this time he really IS retiring.

Not that he has in the past been known for his ability to get it, but since it is clearly impossible for Ferrari to bring a promising new driver on board until he's gone (both Alonso and JPM have firmly and publically said they refuse to drive for Ferrari until he leaves), there may be people in Ferrari suggesting he do it for the long term good of the team.

However, going by past experience, I expect he will re-up and stay until he turns into Damon Hill.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 15:06 (Ref:619270)   #13
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
there may be people in Ferrari suggesting he do it for the long term good of the team.
Just out of curiosity Liz, can you name one?
Old 3 Jun 2003, 15:20 (Ref:619281)   #14
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnSSC
Who else besides the Schumachers does Weber represent?
Claudia Schiffer for one. Don't know if she can drive fast though!
Old 3 Jun 2003, 15:33 (Ref:619296)   #15
Fan
Veteran

Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Kitson
Claudia Schiffer for one. Don't know if she can drive fast though!
Tommy Coronel is also managed by Willi Weber

Last edited by Fan; 3 Jun 2003 at 15:33.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 15:35 (Ref:619298)   #16
Attila
Racer

Attila should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think that Schumacher will retire, but I know he should. One should always stop at the peak of their performance. Of course he will probably not believe that it is his (ferrari's) peak yet.
On the other hand, I don't think that he will become another Hill, for the very simple reason that he could drive better being 80 than Hill ever did :-))))))))). Ok I am just nasty.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 15:40 (Ref:619307)   #17
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they are rigth he will become a team principle or be in charge somewhere in ferrari, he'll never leave, not until some guys get called out or whatever, but it will be like forever- Maybe like Beckham he is, but If Senna were sttill around he would be on a team somehow for the promotions or something, and let's be real, although not the same delicate touch (he is german afterall) Schumacher has he crown Senna once wore like it or not-He has become the King of Formula1.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 20:44 (Ref:619658)   #18
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Michael has repeatedly said he doesn't have interest in going into the whole team management/ownership role after he retires from racing. He has said he could see himself in some sort of youth-driver-enhancment type gig, but that is all.

I think, to be honest, Michael will walk away, by and large, from the sport and enjoy a life away from the spotlight. He will yearn for the day when he is no longer recognised.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 21:28 (Ref:619707)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Joke time:
Quote:
Weber - Michael will make his decision by Monza
Willi? or Wont he?
Old 3 Jun 2003, 21:45 (Ref:619717)   #20
nameless
Racer

nameless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i would like to see him go to minardi for a year, unpaid obviously, just to see how he can handle a dog, + to maybe see some points for minardi
Old 3 Jun 2003, 22:10 (Ref:619748)   #21
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That would be cool. Shame it won't happen though.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 22:42 (Ref:619780)   #22
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
Andrew, is there somewhere where we can go watch her drive though? I mean, we should investigate that thoroughly!
Old 3 Jun 2003, 22:45 (Ref:619784)   #23
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
I wonder who in Ferrari think that winning (or potentially winning) one or two more WDC/WCC's wouldn't be good for the long term future of the team??

Damon was a terrific driver. There is not a snowball's chance Michael would ever be announcing his retirement to an empty hall.
Old 4 Jun 2003, 00:24 (Ref:619888)   #24
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by nameless
i would like to see him go to minardi for a year, unpaid obviously, just to see how he can handle a dog, + to maybe see some points for minardi
Ok Mr. Mosley
Old 4 Jun 2003, 08:51 (Ref:620146)   #25
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If he wins WDC this year, then I'm sure he'll retire.
And if he doesn't, there is still much chance he'll retire, 'coz as Liz sad, he won't "do Hill"