Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Jun 2003, 12:40 (Ref:625711)   #1
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ralf schumacher is....

a formula nippon champion who won 4 grand prix for williams bmw in one season - he also took pole position at the 2003 monaco gp

compare his stats to eddie irvine - some would say one of these drivers was a token f1 driver... i think?

do not listen to anything RALF(10/10ths member) has to say.... he has become smug since that fateful day at monaco - by the way, JPM won that race - think he won the indy 500 too..... (great drivers like gil de ferran have won that race and never raced in f1 RALF )

how ya been man - gooood

Last edited by gomick; 9 Jun 2003 at 12:42.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 12:53 (Ref:625727)   #2
Ralf
Racer

Ralf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Dems fightin' words Mick!

Gil de what?
Old 9 Jun 2003, 19:34 (Ref:626318)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Re: ralf schumacher is....

Quote:
Originally posted by gomick
who won 4 grand prix for williams bmw in one season
He won 3 races in a season, and 1 the following season
Old 9 Jun 2003, 21:03 (Ref:626457)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ralf Schumacher is........decidedly average.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 21:19 (Ref:626466)   #5
nameless
Racer

nameless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ralf schumacher is...... oh, im not allowed to use that word.

anyway, what is this thread really about.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 21:32 (Ref:626482)   #6
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone see "the scrutineer" about BMW, Williams and Ralf, at the back of this months F1 Raing? Funny stuff.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 21:36 (Ref:626488)   #7
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ralf schumacher is...

...a driver that has the talent to be WDC, but who doesn't have the right attitude. Coulthard and Barrichello are just the same.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 23:38 (Ref:626597)   #8
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ralf Schumacher is...

.. rather boring.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 23:55 (Ref:626607)   #9
Apexx
Rookie

Apexx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf Schumacher is...
Accelerating quickly towards not realizing his F1 goals!!

Last edited by Apexx; 9 Jun 2003 at 23:56.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 08:37 (Ref:626835)   #10
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf Schumacher is...
a lucky f*cker who sleeps on big pillows... mmm...
Old 10 Jun 2003, 10:12 (Ref:626920)   #11
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ralf Schumacher is .......... a lot like David Coulthard.

A good, fast driver, just without that killer instinct of pure racers like his brother, Kimi, or Montoya.

Doesn't mean he is useless, just means he has to go about racing a little differently.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 10:45 (Ref:626944)   #12
Pit_Lane_Babe
Rookie

Pit_Lane_Babe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mac........I totally agree. I think that Ralf has what it takes to win a lot more races than he has done in the past.However, I think that he maybe under a lot of pressure since JPM arrived on the scene.
When JPM started challenging M Shuy the way he did, when he first arrived, everyone got really excited (even though up until a few weeks ago, I think JMP's lime light was beging to fade)
Ralf needs to put his energy into racing better than scoring points against JPM, then things will get better.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 17:01 (Ref:627320)   #13
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Okay, kids, we are NOT going down the road in which Tabloid gossip is repeated on this Forum. Stop the innuendo and less subtle comments now.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 17:12 (Ref:627326)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The thread has been, er, tidied!

Apart from anything else (like how to behave on a public family forum), we have to be careful legally with what is said here

http://tentenths.com/forum/misc.php?...ge=1#behaviour
Old 10 Jun 2003, 19:17 (Ref:627458)   #15
rmorfei
Rookie

rmorfei should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf appears to have lost "the edge". Is it fear? Is he cracking under team pressure? It cannot be easy for him to be in his brother's shadow.
For all we know his wife may have him under other pressures to be "more careful".
In any event it is easy for us "sideline drivers" to guess about what his problem is. For my part I would trade places with him any day of the week and probably would not do as well.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 19:38 (Ref:627481)   #16
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Yoong Montoya and Mac, I think you are both near the mark!

Welcome rmorfei! I too would like to be young, wealthy and driving for Williams!

Somewhere along the line Schumi Lite lost his aggressive streak. It is not looking like it is coming back anytime soon. He certainly is fast when he wants to be though.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 19:49 (Ref:627499)   #17
nameless
Racer

nameless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ralf certainly is capable, as he showed in qualifying for monaco, coulthard is the same. but it seems when it comes down to it the just havent got that edge that the likes of michael, jpm and kimi (and alonso i hope) so they will never be able to succeed at the highest level.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 20:10 (Ref:627522)   #18
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I think I agree with the consensus: Ralf is good, but maybe just not good enough. Sir Frank should give him the heave-ho and sign Webber, or, if he can't get Webbet out of the claws of the Big Cat, Fisichella. How hungry do you think HE is for success?
Old 11 Jun 2003, 08:23 (Ref:627912)   #19
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf Schumacher is probably feeling terrible because growing up and living in such circumstances when you're underrated just because of your brother probably sucks.

I never had anything against him, except for a couple of little things.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 08:27 (Ref:627918)   #20
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i was really just having a dig at me mate ralf (10/10th member) - apologies to the real mr ralf schumacher - your cool, but if mark webber was in that car....
Old 11 Jun 2003, 08:31 (Ref:627922)   #21
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd rather have Villeneuve or Fisichella in that seat.
Webber is right where he belongs, in a team that's progressing nicely just like him.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 11:08 (Ref:628107)   #22
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mac
Ralf Schumacher is .......... a lot like David Coulthard.

A good, fast driver, just without that killer instinct of pure racers like his brother, Kimi, or Montoya.

Doesn't mean he is useless, just means he has to go about racing a little differently.
I agree with that- many will disagree but the facts are that he doesn't offer much resistance when put under pressure or dealing with a problem in the car. Others seem to drive around the problem and dig their heels in when challenged.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 11 Jun 2003, 13:47 (Ref:628269)   #23
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When talent and attitude in Schumacher;s family splited between children Michael came first and took the lion's share. Ralf is talented but not persevering.

I agree with Mac, he's DC style driver. Maybe his german backgournd would help him to keep the seat but he's not the best option for Williams.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 13:58 (Ref:628282)   #24
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mattracer
I agree with that- many will disagree but the facts are that he doesn't offer much resistance when put under pressure or dealing with a problem in the car. Others seem to drive around the problem and dig their heels in when challenged.
I agree with that as well. When the car is suited to the tracka nd running well, Ralf can give Montoya a real run for his money, often beat him, but, when the handlign is off-balance, Montoya comes into his own, jsut as Kimi seems to against DC.
Old 11 Jun 2003, 14:08 (Ref:628290)   #25
Ferrari No.27
Rookie

Ferrari No.27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf Schumacher is....
Just about average