Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 20 Jun 2003, 05:50 (Ref:637260)   #1
Radioshoes
Rookie

Radioshoes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Those Players Guys

I've been watching the tape of the Laguna Seca race and just love the end where Tracy and Carpentier are nose to nose. I like it because it shows how the Players drivers are team*mates* and not just drivers for the same team.

I don't know how many other teammates celebrate each others wins but you don't often see, or at least I haven't, that kind of spontaneous celebration between drivers. Certainly not between Junky and Bourdais. Did anyone notice if Junky even acknowledged Bourdais first win?

It just goes to show that Players have a team effort and not just two drivers which (I don't know) is what I think they had when Tags was Pat's partner. I don't know, but I never seemed to think that they liked each other much. I have to admit to a bias here as I'm a big fan of Pat's but Tags...not so much.

I think this kind of rapport between them only speaks well for their future and the future of the team.

Has anyone else seen partners, either on the track or off, celebrating each others wins with more than just a thumbs up?

PS: I also liked it last year when Pat won Cleveland (I think it was that race) and Paul came right over and congratulated him before he even got out of the car. That was class. Imho.

Cheers,

Old 20 Jun 2003, 07:35 (Ref:637305)   #2
evo
Veteran

Canada
Medicine Hat
evo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zanardi and Vasser were like this, when Vasser won the race that Zanardi clinched his championship in at Laguna. I think Alex came alongside to congratulate Jimmy and spun him out. Then Vasser climbed out of the car to celebrate. It was cool. The Tracy, Carpentier thing was similar. Good to see...
Old 20 Jun 2003, 07:46 (Ref:637315)   #3
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
how long will it last if carpentier whips tracy's butt in the next 5 races
Old 20 Jun 2003, 22:12 (Ref:638061)   #4
camcartfan
Racer

United States
Temeku
camcartfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tagliani and Carpentier were/are very close to each other. Remember back to Michigan a few years ago when Tags pulled Pat across the finish line for his first win. If Tags wasn't excited, then I don't know what to tell you...
Old 21 Jun 2003, 01:56 (Ref:638140)   #5
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
Tenoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There both *******s dis anyone saw how theyw ere just shoving people off the racetrack today, serves them punks rgth to start near the back.
Old 21 Jun 2003, 02:11 (Ref:638146)   #6
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by Tenoch
There both *******s dis anyone saw how theyw ere just shoving people off the racetrack today, serves them punks rgth to start near the back.
Who are you talking about?
Old 21 Jun 2003, 06:05 (Ref:638207)   #7
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!

Last edited by macdaddy; 21 Jun 2003 at 06:08.
Old 21 Jun 2003, 15:42 (Ref:638522)   #8
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=6308
what i meant was this.
Old 21 Jun 2003, 16:07 (Ref:638542)   #9
mgfxr
Rookie

mgfxr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They ain't sarting near the back yet bud.
Old 21 Jun 2003, 16:19 (Ref:638553)   #10
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the article it said that Carpentier got tangled up with Haberfield...Patrick didn't shove Mario off the track. I was watching Live Timing on Cart.com when it happened and I read that both of them (Patrick and Mario) had their fast laps removed. So I still don't understand why you were so p1ssed off at Carpentier or Tracy??
Old 21 Jun 2003, 16:22 (Ref:638557)   #11
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I read a quote from Hunter-Reay that was very critical of Tracy during quals.
Old 21 Jun 2003, 16:26 (Ref:638561)   #12
Radioshoes
Rookie

Radioshoes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by camcartfan
Tagliani and Carpentier were/are very close to each other. Remember back to Michigan a few years ago when Tags pulled Pat across the finish line for his first win. If Tags wasn't excited, then I don't know what to tell you...
Yeah, I do remember that but then I also remember Tagliani saying after his accident in Vancouver, something to the effect that after he had helped Pat in Michigan, Pat then spins out and effectively ruins a podium finish for Tags (in his mind anyway. He was running fifth at the time.) It sounded so petty, I remember thinking but that could have just been his disappointment speaking.

There were a bunch of other things said that made me raise my eyebrows but then I could easily have been misinterpreting them out of my bias against Tags.

What can I say, I'm a Paul and Pat fan and Tags has always struck me as all show, whatever looks good. I'm probably wrong though.

And I certainly think that both Paul and Pat look happier and more relaxed than I ever remember seeing them.

I just thought that, on TV anyway, you don't see much in the way of team-mates celebrating each others good performances. And so that finger pointing at the end of Laguna was really fun.

Cheers,
Old 21 Jun 2003, 16:51 (Ref:638577)   #13
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Remind me - has Tagliani ever won in CART?
Old 21 Jun 2003, 16:55 (Ref:638583)   #14
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by macdaddy
I read a quote from Hunter-Reay that was very critical of Tracy during quals.
That was awesome, I wish his comments were even harsher... We need more guys that will start off with "Driver X ****ed up my lap!" than "The <insert 10 sponsors> car was great, the team was great we just weren't able to get a clean lap in." I really get sick of them...
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 21 Jun 2003, 17:29 (Ref:638602)   #15
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
"You mean, with my lap getting messed up? It was in the second outingand we had seven laps to do. I kept going faster and faster each lap. Get on the radio, it was my last lap. Actually, two laps prior to the end, I backed off because I saw the Player's car come out, and he wasn't going too fast, I thought maybe he was on new tires. They're always a pain in the ass to get around, I don’t know, they think they’re supposed to be there or something. I backed way off. You know, I had huge distance, huge distance. Had a great run going, had a great lap going. I looked down coming out of the fast bit over here. Most of our times get gained over here. Looked at it, it was down two-tenths. I came up to Tracy, and he slowed down. I saw it coming. He was slowing down, slowing down, slowing down. Coming up to the last right-hander, coming up the last straight, he had gone slower than I think it's possible to go through there. I don't know why. He didn't move out of the way, didn't take the high line. I couldn't believe it. He just parked it. And then I jumped on the brakes and ruined the lap."
Old 21 Jun 2003, 18:50 (Ref:638634)   #16
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
I didn't follow the first quals at all, and now I notice that Hunter-Reay isn't even listed in the final results for the first round. And yet his quote above tells me that he turned laps. So what gives?
Old 21 Jun 2003, 20:27 (Ref:638682)   #17
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
disqualified

Ryan had his time taken away for beign underweigth.
Old 22 Jun 2003, 18:32 (Ref:639302)   #18
BobbyB
Racer

United States
Santa Barbara, CA, USA
BobbyB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: disqualified

Quote:
Originally posted by Tenoch
Ryan had his time taken away for beign underweigth.
Tenoch-
Welcome to the forum. It would be helpful if you would proofread your postings before hitting the "Submit Reply" button. The quantity of typographical errors gets in the way of my understanding of what you intended to say.