Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Jun 2003, 10:50 (Ref:644587)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Michelin & Nurburging

With only one exception all the Michelin runners are quicker than all the Bridgestone runners in first practice.

It's looking good for those teams. Not even Ferrari can get right up amongst them.

It's early in the weekend and not too much can be deduced from this, but I feel that even for testing this is a clear indication of how the tyre companies will do this weekend.

We'll see.

Any news about hard/soft choices?
Old 27 Jun 2003, 11:51 (Ref:644644)   #2
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I spose ever since they were really sprung on having different compound in Monaco, they would have been off the pace.

Monaco, they were not too good,

but Canada, the tyres are not supposed to be all that used on the fronts, and the shape is what they were designed for, so it really didnt show there.

Now to the Nurburgring, a track which does somewhat require a good set of fronts, and does use them quite a bit, and Bridgestone are not really on it.

And its not a particularly very fast track, not like the Monzas and Canadas.
Old 27 Jun 2003, 11:52 (Ref:644646)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Michelin & Nurburging

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore

Any news about hard/soft choices?

Well, I've just had some livarot for lunch instead of my usual emmental. Definitely choose the livarot.......

Oh, sorry, you meant hard/soft tyres........
Old 27 Jun 2003, 12:55 (Ref:644722)   #4
billaboy
Rookie

billaboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari/Bridgestone

How long till Ferrari's contract with Bridgestone runs out cause I really see them moving to Michelin....which to me looks to be a far better tyre (in dry weather anyway).
Old 27 Jun 2003, 13:00 (Ref:644730)   #5
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think twig is spot on - they have been very ordinary since they got "busted".
Old 27 Jun 2003, 15:03 (Ref:644873)   #6
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If i were a Bridgestone executive, I would lobbie on the competent authorities to bring slick tires back.
It's my opinion that Michelin are proving much more astute in making tires that, formally grooved, become strangeliy similar to slick during tha race, getting a potentially unfair advantage.
Old 27 Jun 2003, 18:15 (Ref:644994)   #7
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari's contract with Bridgestone is till the end of 2004.

It looks at the moment that Michelin have a better dry tyre, but last year it was the other way round.

I think Bridgestone can turn it around, but its good for F1.

I hope Ferrari don't move to Michelin as that would end the tyre war as the big 4 would all use Michelin, if that was the case I could see Bridgestone pulling out.

What would be good is if McLaren could get another tyre manufacturer in the sport.