Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 Jul 2003, 03:41 (Ref:671634)   #1
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Puerto Rico "cleaveland" copytrack

has any one seen the track layout for the Puerto Rico Trans-am and Speed GT race?
it is a copy of cleaveland- not a little, but almost 100% facsimile,
a doppleganger, a twin, a carbon copy, an imposter, a pretend cleaveland- I like cleavland- but surely Puerto rico must have better locations for such an event.
www.prgrandprix.com.
Attached Thumbnails
785.jpg  
Old 26 Jul 2003, 09:47 (Ref:671746)   #2
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No I don't think Puerto Rico has a permanent racetrack.
Old 26 Jul 2003, 14:05 (Ref:671854)   #3
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BTW....from another forum, someone asked me about a "Street Circuit" in Indianapolis....

Boy...do I have a GREAT course...a 5.0 mile circuit (exactly that distance on my odometer) that has some great corner combinations, some naturally contoured stretches of street that would make for great racing, four long straights, and most of all, easy access, parking and opportunities for setting up operations for the teams, transporters, and fans....there also is good room throughout the course to set up grandstands at good racing locations and all of the streets used are Very Wide (at least 4-5 lanes)

I'll do my best to get this plugged in...I'd love to see your thoughts on this course!!!!

If I can figure out how to get this image scanned and into a format where you can see this on this forum (since there are size considerations to deal with here) I will do it...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 26 Jul 2003, 14:27 (Ref:671877)   #4
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well tht is something I am eager to see, i had mapped out a few Chicago street races involving LakeShore Drive when I was there, and the museum campuses, it would have been beautiful if 3,5 mile or longer. I thnk good downtown street races are excellent .I have been to longBeacha few times, I have to say you can see squat, and the layout doesn't seem to go by really nice places, mostly dark and such, not my fave street course, although a good onw. DC in the ALMS was best i think. Cleaveland is great, surfers is good too. I must say though I am thouroulyy dissappointed in PuertoRico and this total lack of creativity and set up. surely they can do better look at that! they might as well go back and race cleaveland with palm trees lining the straights.