Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Sep 2003, 22:21 (Ref:727110)   #1
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monterey Historics

did anyone go or see this wonderful event?
it is no goodwood but pretty neat, only gripe are the 'races' with intage stuff, so not a race more like a fast parade, why not let them do time trials? anyway did any one who saw this happen to see Alain DeCadenet's 'new' Alfa GTZ, he just baught it and at the cool down lap he had major vibration and shakes and his wheel smoked up and came rolling off! ha ha ha, it looks like a bearing went and the hub or stub axle broke, at least he has a new toy.
Old 23 Sep 2003, 02:18 (Ref:727233)   #2
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I only saw the last portion on Speed last night. Great stuff. I love the small sports racers Lotus 11 and 15, Lola Mk.1. Boris Said flogging a recalcitrant BMW 2002 was great fun too.

I wish they would have done a longer broadcast and also a feature or two on someone finding some treasure, forgotten in a barn long ago, and restored it to run another day. All on my wages (good for a bug-eye sprite and pure hope). Oh, and a map to the barn where such things are kept!

How can you resist a four wheel drift?
Old 23 Sep 2003, 02:31 (Ref:727238)   #3
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
true- my fave of the show must have been that Ginetta was it a G4? the hardtop wow what a spritely little car, wonderful so tiny and nimble- did you see it take off into the distance? that's the car for me, next to my bugatti, and 1974 F1 Brabham t44
Old 23 Sep 2003, 02:39 (Ref:727240)   #4
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
That little Ginetta was a treat, it can't weigh more then a thousand pounds. There was a front engine one in that race, further back. I guess they both used Climaxes?

Lots of those predate me by a little or a lot. It is great that they still run around and show off.

What was the one car that blew it's bottom end out in practice? Like a 1911 'something.' I missed the name of it. Serious chunks of iron out of the crankcase. I am sure soon to be repaired, and probably in a low tech way by some old Harley mechanic or something.
Old 26 Sep 2003, 18:01 (Ref:731108)   #5
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
The Ginetta that won the race was a G12. There was at least one front engined G4 in that race.
Old 27 Sep 2003, 14:52 (Ref:731802)   #6
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Monterey Historics

Quote:
Originally posted by gttouring
did anyone go or see this wonderful event?
I did. You can see my photos at: http://www.marshalspost.com/gallery/113.html . I have an article pending for the web site as well. Send me a `post' and I will e-mail it to you.