Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Oct 2003, 01:40 (Ref:750387)   #1
Dauntless
Racer

United States
San Francisco Bay Area
Dauntless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Info Source For Nissan GTPs

Hey MulsanneMike!

Today I met a guy who will a major new source of info about the Nissan GTP ZX-Turbo cars of the late 80's and early 90's, and especially the P35! Rolf Samulewicz was a welder/fabricator who worked for NPTI from the mid-80's until they ceased operations in the early 90's. He was also an amateur photographer who took dozens of photos of the P35 (among others) in its various stages of development and undress.

I met Rolf at Sears Point today when I took a header pipe to his welding shop for some work. When I commented about the P35 photo on his wall he about dropped his jaw, saying that I was the first person to recognise the car. When I told him of my interest in classic GTPs, he spent an hour talking about the cars, letting me pour over the bodywork of the '90 Nissan in his shop (this car, I think), and the actual car in the shop next door. Then he dragged a box out from under his desk and pulled the top photo album off a stack, and we thumbed through page after page of detailed photos of just the P90 (not to mention the other cars).

Anyway, I told him that there was a world of enthusiasts out there who would love to see his photos (Rolf's not on the internet as far as I can tell), and he agreed to let me scan a representative sample so long as he gets some mention as the source. I assured him we can work it out. Mike, I assume you'll be interested in his photos, but if not, I can rig up some pages on the space that comes with my internet account.

Then as I was leaving he pulled this pin out of a drawer and gave it to me...
Old 14 Oct 2003, 03:09 (Ref:750412)   #2
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Daunt,

Send them my way!
Old 14 Oct 2003, 04:19 (Ref:750450)   #3
Dauntless
Racer

United States
San Francisco Bay Area
I'll get the photos to you ASAP, Mike. In the meantime, I meant to write, "and we thumbed through page after page of detailed photos of just the P35 (not to mention the other cars)".
Old 18 Oct 2003, 16:00 (Ref:755174)   #4
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Dauntless,

Check your email.
Old 18 Oct 2003, 16:10 (Ref:755183)   #5
Dauntless
Racer

United States
San Francisco Bay Area
Mike, you have mail...