Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Oct 2003, 12:15 (Ref:750801)   #1
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Return of the Mallock

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Autosport reports that RML will run a pair of Saleens in the 2004 FIA GT Championship. One car will be pedalled by Thomas Erdos and Mike Newton, the other by a yet-to-be-disclosed line-up.

Good to see Ray Mallock back; now if only he'd run under the Ecurie Ecosse banner...
Old 14 Oct 2003, 12:22 (Ref:750805)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent. Pleased to see RML returning to the fray
Old 14 Oct 2003, 12:47 (Ref:750839)   #3
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
now, is this effort seperate to the Nash Saleens? RML has been helping Nash run his saleens this year, and it kinda strange that Mike Newton and Erdos (long time Nash drivers) went to RML. Mike Newton owns most of the Nash Saleens also. and he isnt as quick as Erdos. Im just wondering if this deal will replace the Nash effort right now...
Old 14 Oct 2003, 13:52 (Ref:750886)   #4
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news! But how's the restrictor status on the Saleens?
Old 14 Oct 2003, 15:35 (Ref:750987)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great to see the Saleen's back in the hands of RML. As for the restrictors, I dont think the Saleen runs with any in FIA GT at the moment. Only at Le Mans. But I think next year they will be running with the same restrictors as everyone else. The only restricton the Saleen has in the FIA GT is that most of the parts have to remain orginal to the road car - but as Steve Saleen has said thats no big deal as the Saleen is basically a racing car anyway.

Great to see RML back, I mean GNM are a great operation but RML are better I feel. A bit of a boost for the championship.
Old 14 Oct 2003, 17:29 (Ref:751145)   #6
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Also remember that RML will be running an MG at Le Mans in 3 weeks time
Old 14 Oct 2003, 20:08 (Ref:751342)   #7
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks, Saleen! It's a bit difficult to keep track of all the restrictors and penalties...
Old 14 Oct 2003, 23:04 (Ref:751504)   #8
slicktsax
Racer

slicktsax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
yeah i believe there will be no restictor penalites in the ALMS next year. Saleen is backing the Acemco team next year in the ALMS to run a S7-R but yeah i wonder what will happen with GNM, anyway good news for the FIA GT
Old 14 Oct 2003, 23:25 (Ref:751518)   #9
19dodge
Veteran

well, GNM said they will have "2 entries" for fia gt next year, and "1 entry" for LMES. so maybe they will still run Saleens next year, or run porsches in fia gt, and a saleen in LMES
Old 15 Oct 2003, 05:35 (Ref:751690)   #10
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes it would be good if Ray Mallock ran under the Ecurie Ecosse banner.

Last edited by mickj; 15 Oct 2003 at 05:36.
Old 15 Oct 2003, 07:39 (Ref:751792)   #11
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
and here I was expecting something like this.....

Old 15 Oct 2003, 10:07 (Ref:751921)   #12
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fogelhund
and here I was expecting something like this.....

Funnily enough, that was my first thought when I saw the thread title as well......

any chance of converting one for LMP2.....?
Old 15 Oct 2003, 10:13 (Ref:751931)   #13
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by 19dodge
now, is this effort seperate to the Nash Saleens? RML has been helping Nash run his saleens this year, and it kinda strange that Mike Newton and Erdos (long time Nash drivers) went to RML. Mike Newton owns most of the Nash Saleens also. and he isnt as quick as Erdos. Im just wondering if this deal will replace the Nash effort right now...
Anyone know how many of the Nash cars Mike Newton actually owns- I know it's at least a couple (plus- I think- their occasionally-seen Porsche GT3RS), but I believe the team have something like 4 or 5 chassis- are these all Mike Newton's....?

(not a bad collection when you bear in mind that if I remeber correctly, Newton also owns the MG that RML are running at the LMES race next month plus a couple of touring cars- he could practically run his own sportscar series.....)

Last edited by KA; 15 Oct 2003 at 10:15.
Old 15 Oct 2003, 10:19 (Ref:751939)   #14
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by KA
any chance of converting one for LMP2.....?
Hmmm, same problem as with the Panoz I guess, front engine vs. tunneled underbody.
Old 15 Oct 2003, 11:01 (Ref:751981)   #15
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
He owns 3 of the five S7Rs and has a 50% share in a fourth (as at start of 2003 at least)
Old 15 Oct 2003, 12:34 (Ref:752081)   #16
19dodge
Veteran

Getting back to the RML and GNM thing. On the FIA GT Site, they now have a new press release from Nash saying they will run 2 Saleens, as well as running 2 saleens in LMES.

so Nash seems to have split from RML. This could be good news, since we will now see at least 5 Saleens next year, if not 6 (if Konrad gets enough funding for the 2nd entry)

this is great news!