Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 23 Oct 2003, 06:26 (Ref:760269)   #1
Pink Panther
Rookie

Pink Panther should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Photographers at the 2003 FFF

Does anyone have a contact for any of the photographers at the FFF or was anyone filming?

Steve Jones was there on Saturday only. Looking for someone who was there on sunday, or has shots of the Classic FF race

Did anyone catch my accident (the Pink Royale on pitlane entry) in the final of the K of K's on film. Any photographers out there drop me a line @

andy.t.powell@baesystems.com 01252 382500 / 0798 444 9824

Andy
Old 23 Oct 2003, 08:07 (Ref:760328)   #2
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Andy, try Snapper Baz and Jeff Bloxham - they were both around Clearways at the time IIRC

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 23 Oct 2003 at 08:07.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 08:19 (Ref:760345)   #3
Pink Panther
Rookie

Thanks EvilPumpkin,

Do not know these guys any idea how to contact them? are they on TT, do they have web sites, any help would be good.

Always try to wave at the marshals on slowing down laps. Do you guys get any of the Cobra Beer the classic FF Register donate to the marshals at each race?

Thanks for the reply and your efforts over the W/End. Initially did not want to see any pictures of the accident, but I might learn something!

Andy
Old 23 Oct 2003, 08:23 (Ref:760346)   #4
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Snapper Baz is on TT as "Snapper Baz" - you'll see him lurking around. I don't think Jeff is on here, but Baz will probably know how to contact him.

The Cobra beer was much appreciated and put into the marshals draw. It was won and was well on the way to being consumed last time I saw it! I didn't get any, but since I'd already got a champagne and chocs set, I don't have any complaints!

I did actually see the accident, but obviously we don't take photos! I'm trying to remember if the TV cameraman was there for that incident - I think he was - however, I've no idea who he was filming for or if he got the whole thing.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 11:09 (Ref:760528)   #5
spearce
Racer

spearce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I expect it will feature in this years 'Havoc' video - and they all walked away (just), on sale before xmas no doubt.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 19:21 (Ref:761136)   #6
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pink Panther, as you went down the Clearways dip you went out of view...I remember you running wide and kicking up the dust on the edge of the circuit before you rejoined the fray...seconds later we saw 2 cars spinning out of Clearways and then the horrible bang of car hitting barrier...which was yours! I know for a fact that I was closer than Jeff, I didn't take any pictures nor did Jeff. Unless anybody in the crowd took any then I'd say no one got it as we were the only 2 "on duty"...anyway those pesky Irish marshals are always getting in the way at the Festival! We could see your car burried under the tyres from a distance-it was good to see you out ok.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 20:50 (Ref:761247)   #7
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Andy, the only shot I got of your RP26 was this one.
Is it a 1978 RP26 or '79-80? I worked at Royale at the time as 'the lad' - gofer, sweeping up etc. I notice you have a different nose on the car though as most were front rad.
Attached Thumbnails
rp26.jpg  
Old 23 Oct 2003, 21:23 (Ref:761285)   #8
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know Jakob Ebrey was in attendence at the meeting, not sure where he was though
Old 23 Oct 2003, 22:31 (Ref:761348)   #9
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Dutch chap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pink P, anything changed on the car since this picture was taken? .

Happy to hear you are fine after that nasty off.
Old 24 Oct 2003, 06:33 (Ref:761549)   #10
Pink Panther
Rookie

Thanks all for the replys.

Got a grainy picture of the aftermath from Jeff Bloxham. Thanks Jeff.

It was a big one but I will be back next year pinker and better than ever.

Thanks again.
Andy Powell
Old 27 Oct 2003, 09:37 (Ref:764310)   #11
JustinDawkins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcester - UK
JustinDawkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andy my dad caught the immediate aftermath, and what the car looked like afterwards on video, although it doesn't actually show the crash.
Old 27 Oct 2003, 09:48 (Ref:764320)   #12
Pink Panther
Rookie

Thanks justin,

Might be interesting to see. I guess you will be at Silverstone. If so would like to see it if that possible. Still hacking off all the broken bits, looking for a new Chassis as well. Found something that was not bent yesterday!!!! See you at silverstone

Regards
Andy