Old 17 Dec 2003, 17:35 (Ref:814283)   #1
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Minardi "sign" Baumgartner

http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view...id=1&nid=82838

Quote:
European Minardi Cosworth announced today that it has made an offer to Hungarian driver, Zsolt Baumgartner, to join the team as a race driver in 2004....
Surely Minardi can do better than Zzzsolt!!! Bring back Jos!
Old 17 Dec 2003, 18:15 (Ref:814322)   #2
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh, please Argentinian enterprisers, confirm our bid for López!

(Repsol-YPF, Musashi and other Argentinian companies what sponsorised Tuero and Mazzacane on their days are rumoured to be pursued to support López on his possible assault to F1. I hope they can support him ever if he do F3000 or World Series next year).

Last edited by Mekola; 17 Dec 2003 at 18:16.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 18:16 (Ref:814325)   #3
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who is Lopez? Here's another link for those that are remotely interested:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/3328931.stm
Old 17 Dec 2003, 18:29 (Ref:814340)   #4
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
NOOOOO... WAY!!!! YEESSH... i mean i know ive been crtising JOs and all but atleast JOS is MUUUCH better than Zsolt........

Its a shame really Minardi 2-3 yrs ago was responsible for giving us drivers like alonso,webber JW etc. and now......
Old 17 Dec 2003, 18:31 (Ref:814343)   #5
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Bad news for Justin Wilson, then.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 18:35 (Ref:814346)   #6
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
id change the thread title to 'Baumgartner forces himself to Minardi'

Last edited by ralf fan; 17 Dec 2003 at 18:36.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 19:07 (Ref:814376)   #7
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now that's definitely an example of the phrase "money talks and lots of money talks louder". Mind you, he won't be the worst driver they've ever had, as I doubt he'd go into F1rejects.com.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 19:22 (Ref:814386)   #8
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 is going DOWN and DOWN and DOWN in my opinions!This guy is absolute kack!I thought Stoddart of all people could do better than this!I know the way he works is to tend to have two pay drivers, one just there to pay and the other who is quite talented but this guy Bruni has hardly set the world alight in junior formula's and shown the kind of promise recent players in this positions such as Wilson, Alonso, Trulli etc.

It makes me sick to think this no hoper Baumgartner will grab a seat on such a small grid with competition for places greater than ever before. There is so, so much talent out there going to waste whilst this sunday afternoon driver grabs a seat which could go to someone with a bit of talent. I know it's money, money, money but surely Minardi can hang on longer too see if someone such as Justin can stump up the cash? Looks like every seat on the grid is claimed now then with Firman and Heidfeld all but confirmed at Jordan

Last edited by Gaz; 17 Dec 2003 at 19:23.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 19:54 (Ref:814430)   #9
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quick profile of José MarÃ*a "Pechito" López

Quote:
Originally posted by DriverT
Who is Lopez? Here's another link...
José MarÃ*a "Pechito" López is the biggest Argentinian hope who can enter F1 in the future. He impressed since his debut in monopostos in 2001: he won the Italian F.Renault 2000 championship in 2002 (in team Cram, the same in what Felipe Massa won the 2000 championship) and in 2003 won the newly-formed Formula Renault V6 Eurocup with team DAMS.
He was recruited by the Renault Driver Development program at the end of 2002 and is among the best drivers of this programme. After a successful championship in the FRV6, Renault decided to bring him a test with the F1 car at Jerez on December 2nd and 3rd, and Minardi bring him another test on December 10th and 11th at Vallelunga.
Giancarlo Minardi have seeked his campaign for last years and is interested in him. He was present at the last FRV6 race at Monza to see him and was delighted with the results made by the Argentinian on the Vallelunga test.
Now his future would be decided by Renault, who could bring him F1 experience in a Minardi for 2004, or remain him in another category (F3000 with Arden or World Series with Gabord) and waiting one more year to enter F1. There is also a pool of Argentinian businessmen who are pursuing many local companies (Repsol-YPF, Musashi and other ex-F1 sponsors of Tuero and Mazzacane are rumoured) to support "Pechito" López in his way to F1.

To know more about López:

López profile at Renault website:
http://www.renaultf1.com/en/poweredb...e_maria_lopez/

Interview with Pechito López by F1Racing.net:
http://www.f1racing.net/news.php?ID=66022&from=search

Reports about Minardi tests at Vallelunga:
http://www.f1racing.net/news.php?ID=66297&from=search
http://www.f1racing.net/news.php?ID=66328&from=search
http://www.f1racing.net/news.php?ID=66345&from=search
http://www.carburando.com/notas.asp?di=6058 (in Spanish)
http://www.carburando.com/notas.asp?di=6045 (in Spanish)
http://www.carburando.com/notas.asp?di=6041 (in Spanish)
Old 17 Dec 2003, 20:12 (Ref:814449)   #10
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has he fallen out with EJ?
Old 17 Dec 2003, 21:03 (Ref:814486)   #11
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the only reason they are interested in Baumgartner is that they can't get Jos.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 21:08 (Ref:814498)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jos to Jordan then, with all that lovely 'Trust' money?

Rather ironic given how the judge described EJ in the Vodafone vs Jordan case earlier in the year...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 Dec 2003, 21:12 (Ref:814503)   #13
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland

I think this says it all,and EJ came into the Trust headquarters with a leather briefcase and came out with a plastic bag.............
Old 17 Dec 2003, 21:45 (Ref:814533)   #14
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What, they stole his briefcase? :confused:
Old 17 Dec 2003, 21:54 (Ref:814541)   #15
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
No, I think he left some contracts......
Old 17 Dec 2003, 21:57 (Ref:814547)   #16
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
surely he comes out with a brief case full of used notes...
Old 17 Dec 2003, 22:23 (Ref:814592)   #17
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jos to Jordan, Zsolt to Minardi and Wilson to cab driving.
Old 17 Dec 2003, 23:35 (Ref:814660)   #18
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn!!!

Oh God! Of all the people that were in the running for the 2nd Minardi seat, Zsolt is possibly the worst. He's not a total duffer, but, like Kiesa, he was only a midfielder in F3000, and hasn't shown much promise in F1 either.

I wasn't really disappointed when Wilson lost the Jag seat to Klien, as I feel Klien is a real up-and-coming young talent. But what I can't take is that Wilson potentially doesn't have a drive in F1 next year. It's plain absurd For me the ideal outcome would be to have Wilson get the Minardi seat, Klien the Jag one, and Verstappen the Jordan one. Unfortunately, the intervention of a pay-driver has got in the way of one who is much more talented than him.

There really is no justice in F1, or anywhere in motorsport, I'm afraid
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 18 Dec 2003, 07:18 (Ref:814859)   #19
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think wilson is probably out of it for 04. But now that CART is back alive, you wonder if ford would be so kind to send him that way.

I heard Zsolt was walking around with $7 million bucks, looks like he found a place for it.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 08:23 (Ref:814886)   #20
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed, TRUST JORDAN F1 would look like an appropriate plea on the side of the trucks
Old 18 Dec 2003, 08:44 (Ref:814894)   #21
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In all honesty I think Justin Wilson has driven his last F1 race...he'd probably be better suited to racing across the pond anyway, away from the pirranahs
Old 18 Dec 2003, 08:52 (Ref:814901)   #22
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zsolt is not surely the new Senna, but could someone show me what did Jos really do at Minardi, apart from carrying a good financial contribution?
No particular performances, no contribution to improve the car; ok I know twas a tough job, but, for instance, at least Justin did something noticeable...
Old 18 Dec 2003, 09:09 (Ref:814917)   #23
Attila
Racer

Attila should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zsolt is not signed yet. He has to bring money he does not have yet. He is still about 15% short. His management has till 24th to find the remaining budget. In the Hungarian media this is article is only a maybe. He got a similar contract from Jordan about 1,5 month ago. So this does not mean anything yet.

On Zsolt's performance so far: he did not set the world on fire but did much better than expected. He has very very good car controll but not enough hart. I know him quite well and believe that there were much worse drivers out there in F1, one just has to think about Yoong. So we will see, but I am not too optimistic. I think it will be Jos in the 2nd Minardi.

Cheers,
Old 18 Dec 2003, 10:38 (Ref:814963)   #24
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by climb
Zsolt is not surely the new Senna, but could someone show me what did Jos really do at Minardi, apart from carrying a good financial contribution?
No particular performances, no contribution to improve the car; ok I know twas a tough job, but, for instance, at least Justin did something noticeable...
I'm not a huge Jos fan, and can't defend him too much, but suffice to say he would blow away either of the 2 new Minardi drivers.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 11:25 (Ref:814992)   #25
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by steve_r
I'm not a huge Jos fan, and can't defend him too much, but suffice to say he would blow away either of the 2 new Minardi drivers.
Maybe he should have blown the Minardi owner. He might then get a drive. Only way he could.