Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 28 Dec 2003, 23:32 (Ref:822065)   #1
Zinger
Racer

Zinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zanardi to ETCC in 04

VALENCIA, SPAIN (TICKER) -- More than two years after losing his legs in a horrific crash, Alex Zanardi of Italy confirmed Thursday he will drive in the 2004 European Touring Car Championship

The former CART champion will drive a BMW E46 for Team Ravaglia. It will mark his full-time return to racing following the September 2001 accident in Germany that cost him both legs bellow the knee.

"I am very happy to be able to participate in this championship," said Zanardi, who competed in the final race of the ETCC championship this year at Monza.

"I would like to thank BMW Italy and Team Ravaglia for their faith in this project. The race at Monza this year was an encouraging experience."

Zanardi's car will be a modified BMW 230i with only one pedal for the breaks. The accelerator and clutch will be located on the steering wheel.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 23:50 (Ref:822082)   #2
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He ran in the last race at Monza in 2003. I'm happy that he will be racing again..
Old 29 Dec 2003, 00:00 (Ref:822091)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
The guy's a hero - can't wait to see him racing again!
Old 29 Dec 2003, 00:23 (Ref:822114)   #4
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Mad, but a hero. I can't express how happy I am to look forward to seeing Zanardi on track again. Inspirational is an oft-overused word, but what else can you say about the guy?
Old 29 Dec 2003, 09:23 (Ref:822419)   #5
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
great news - go alex - has a driver ever won a car race with a hand accelerator .... who was the f3000 driver who broke his back 3 or 4 year ago - watts did he win a danish touring car race
Old 29 Dec 2003, 10:39 (Ref:822465)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Jason Watt. He didn't just win a race but won the 2002 Championship in a Peugeot 307. His team mate was a certain Jan Magnussen.

BTW why all the roll eyes?
Old 29 Dec 2003, 10:56 (Ref:822475)   #7
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I have always been a huge fan of Zanardi, and was disappointed with his performance in F1.

I have massive admiration for him since his accident, and now he wants to race again, I'm blown away!

I wish him well
Old 29 Dec 2003, 12:04 (Ref:822519)   #8
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Jason Watt also competed post-accident in the SportsRacing World Cup, in John Nielsen's Panoz.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 11:24 (Ref:823446)   #9
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
BTW why all the roll eyes?
i am testing my memory craig, its a bit hard at this time of year , BTW