Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Dec 2003, 21:48 (Ref:822865)   #1
Vw gti 16v
Racer

Vw gti 16v should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari will anyone take it off them

Seriously now do you think that anyone will be able to take the title off MS anytime soon
Old 29 Dec 2003, 21:50 (Ref:822869)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This year fills me with more hope than previous years, certainly. I think it is just a matter of time now - Schueys reign is coming to an end, his days of glory are numbered.

However, if he does win again, well done to him!
Old 29 Dec 2003, 21:59 (Ref:822884)   #3
BARrouette
Racer

BARrouette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now it`s time it`s gonna be close this year with the new Mclarren.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 22:08 (Ref:822902)   #4
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's gonna be close this year. Williams better produce something special if they wanna join the party.
I still think Schuey has the edge though.
Old 29 Dec 2003, 22:10 (Ref:822903)   #5
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really hope this is the end of the Ferrari domination...
Old 29 Dec 2003, 22:24 (Ref:822922)   #6
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i think that if anyone in 2004 can do it then kimi can...
Old 29 Dec 2003, 22:53 (Ref:822966)   #7
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm hoping for something different in 2004. One of the Williams or Mclaren boys would be great stuff! Even Rubens, although the car would still be red, would be a nice change. Nothing against Schu and Ferrari, I truly respect both for their efforts and achievments. If anything, a close fight to the end is what I most want.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 00:10 (Ref:823042)   #8
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jordi
I really hope this is the end of the Ferrari domination...
I think it ended 12 months ago.

They won both titles again, but nobody knew it until the last race. It was certainly a different picture to 2002.

2003 was everything I wanted. Firstly I wanted a close championship with multiple race winners that went down to the wire. Secondly, of possible, another MS/Ferrari win.

I would like the same again please. But I would rather a close championship that Ferrari lost rather than another 2002.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 00:16 (Ref:823050)   #9
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
As brilliant as Michael is, he has been vastly helped from having the best and most reliable car for the past few years. 03 saw the likes of McLaren and Williams get very near, if not surpass Ferrari, however the reliability stayed for Michael and the team. The guy has had something like 36/7 races without a mechanical failure, totally incredible.

However, this is not to say that he/they are unbeatable. As always in F1, it goes in cycles, imo, Ferrari have come to the end of that cycle, McLaren and/or Williams will take up that mantle, the only thing is, will they be reliable enough?

Time will tell, but i do envisage a different champion in 04
Old 30 Dec 2003, 00:35 (Ref:823067)   #10
dynamik gal
Racer

Netherlands
F1 Melbourne, Australia
dynamik gal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Kimi is the closest to snatching that shiny trophy from Ferrari Headquarters. And although i'd normally put Montoya up there right with Kimi, with Montoya already signing with McLaren for 2005 I doubt that Williams will be very helpful in giving him new information and a faster car. Although, they've got good reason to - to show him that he could win the championship right where he is seated now...
Old 30 Dec 2003, 00:57 (Ref:823091)   #11
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Ferrari will anyone take it off them

Quote:
Originally posted by Vw gti 16v
Seriously now do you think that anyone will be able to take the title off MS anytime soon
It depends how 'soon' you mean. No-one can take it off him, until the 'fat lady sings' at the end of next season.

Someone has to win the WDC next year. MS is a contender, along with rest of the drivers in the field.

Kimi might win next year, so might Rubens, so might Michael, so might Ralf or Alonso, so even,(please God forgive me for saying this), might DC!

Pigs might fly.

I could take an educated guess at someone who will not win it, but I will leave you to 'go figure'.

I fancy Rubens or Kimi, but my money is still on MS for 2004.

Happy New Year to you all.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 03:07 (Ref:823181)   #12
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If Williams and BMW doesnt let Montoya do exactly what he needs to do, Michael will win his 7th title in 2004... the writing is on the wall.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 03:53 (Ref:823199)   #13
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think the result is certain & i won't be suprised if we have new champions next year, looking at what happened this year it wasn't far off & i can't see why next year won't be as close.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 05:50 (Ref:823274)   #14
Meroo
Racer

Australia
South Coast NSW
Meroo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari will get smashed in 2004 - here's hoping anyway.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 06:36 (Ref:823303)   #15
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari may find it tougher to beat McLaren/Williams next season but you can never count MS out.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 08:00 (Ref:823335)   #16
903cc
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg - Via Singapore & Australia
903cc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One word. YES. they cannot go on forever.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 09:29 (Ref:823372)   #17
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the testing times of the Michelin tyres are actually that in races, then Ferrari don't have a hope of winning a dry race in 2004, let alone a chance at the titles!
Old 30 Dec 2003, 10:18 (Ref:823393)   #18
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by esorniloc
If the testing times of the Michelin tyres are actually that in races, then Ferrari don't have a hope of winning a dry race in 2004, let alone a chance at the titles!
Yes, but we could change the song once new Ferrari with new Bridgestones comes out for testing, you know.
I won't say nothing untill I see Williams' and Ferrari's new cars' test times. And even then, I won't take it for granted.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 10:24 (Ref:823401)   #19
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ferrari domination per se is over. They may have taken both titles again in 2003, but frankly it was due to others dropping the ball while Ferrari kept their heads (although TGF didn't in Suzuka)

2004 will be even harder for Ferrari as it is apparent that the decline has started (not decline as in they'll go back to mid-90s standards - just that the domination of 2002 won't be repeated).
Old 30 Dec 2003, 12:13 (Ref:823503)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Re: Ferrari will anyone take it off them

Quote:
Originally posted by Vw gti 16v
Pick up a driver focused and willing to win the world title, and a team which feels that and build all efforts around him, then you get the new champion.

JPM - Not a chance. He's a goner, and the support from the team will be the obvious, but people will always know he's leaving to the rival.

Kimi - Maybe. McLaren still have to get to edge again before thinking to get a new WDC.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 12:30 (Ref:823525)   #21
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree with that, Bononi. At the moment I reckon Michael just has to keep an eye on Kimi - he knows his brother pretty well (I guess!) and the only way Ralf will get ahead is if the Williams/Michelin package is way out ahead, in which case he can't do much about it anyway. As for Montoya, I don't think the Williams treatment will be unequal - at least to start with... but towards the end of the season they will have no option but to limit his involvement in car development. That means he will be looking to get a flying start to the season, and most likely the evenly (more or less) matched driver pair will take points away from each other over the course of the whole season.

If one allows that a potential WDC has to have leadership and mental strength there is still only one driver in it. Of course it might just be that another car is so good that the campionship can be won with less of those characteristics, but if the race is tight I know who I'd put my money on!
Old 30 Dec 2003, 14:36 (Ref:823609)   #22
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A question:

If the roles were reversed, and say Williams, McLaren, or even Renault, were the winning constructor for 4 or 5 years running, would there be there be this mass frenzy for a new champion that we are seeing now, or is it just Ferrari bringing out all this animosity?

As a tifosi, I say not this year. The team and its drivers are still the class of this field. They make the fewest mistakes, there car is totally reliable, and Bridgestone will be back...

Danica Patrick
Old 30 Dec 2003, 15:06 (Ref:823626)   #23
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
A question:

If the roles were reversed, and say Williams, McLaren, or even Renault, were the winning constructor for 4 or 5 years running, would there be there be this mass frenzy for a new champion that we are seeing now, or is it just Ferrari bringing out all this animosity?

As a tifosi yourself, when Williams, McLaren and Benetton won all those championships, was there a mass frenzy, (so to speak) from yourself for Ferrari to win?

It's a natural thing in sport, it gets boring after awhile, tinged, i suppose with a bit of jealousy. Take Manchester Utd over here in England, they have been the best team about for 10 years at least, every other teams supporter want to see them fail before anyother team, it's life.

Last edited by Mr V; 30 Dec 2003 at 15:07.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 15:06 (Ref:823627)   #24
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Of course there would be GP Racer. When McLaren won 7 out of the 8 titles from 84-91, everyone wanted a new winner in 1992 - that Mansell finally won a title just made it better for many people. The same was true when McLaren ended their bleak period in 1998, and Williams, winners of 4 driver and 5 constructor titles from 1992, were beaten.

Everyone was overjoyed when Ferrari won the title in 2000, and they ahve always been held in very hgih regard, perhaps more so with guys like Gilles and Jean doing their best in difficult situations. No-one hates Ferrari, tehre's just a desire for a new winner to keep things fresh, especially as Michael and Ferrari were tested so much and had to fight hard to keep the honours they won at a canter in 2002.

Michael and Ferrari made several mistakes as the year went on, but the superior reliability might be the thing in their favour. All the same, the McLaren isn't a big advance from the 18, which is race-ready and well-tested. Kimi can only get better, as can the team's competitiveness. Bridgestone may ultimately hold the key. Ferrari won't 'dominate' but they've got every chance of defending their crowns.
Old 30 Dec 2003, 16:12 (Ref:823667)   #25
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't hate Ferrari at all. Quite the contrary. I have tremedous respect for their accomplishments as I have said. However, with that said I would truly like to see a team raise their game and take the fight to them as we saw in 2003. I love sport and competition above all. To have a season like 2002 where there was no fight was depressing. But that doesn't mean that I don't admire Ferrari or that beautiful F2002. Reliability will be interesting next year with the new engine regs. Ferrari will have to learn like everyone else. Should be fun!