Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Jan 2004, 09:23 (Ref:837638)   #1
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens Barrichello has extended his contract with Ferrari to the end of the 2006 Formula One season, the team said in a statement on Wednesday.

http://www.f1racing.net/news.php?ID=67295

well deserved
Old 14 Jan 2004, 09:27 (Ref:837641)   #2
DieRitter
Racer

Switzerland
Zürich, Switzerland
DieRitter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Official: Barrichello at Ferrari until 2006

http://www.f1racing.net/news.php?ID=67295
Old 14 Jan 2004, 10:01 (Ref:837660)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well that answers that one then.

Sorry Fisi, Massa et al.

It seems that most of the big seats are taken for the foreseeable future.
Old 14 Jan 2004, 10:07 (Ref:837665)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
It begs the question "what is going to happen to Ferrari in 2006" as all the top peoples contracts expire at the same time. To me that doesn't make good business sense as you could have a situation where all the important people in the team leave in unison!
Old 14 Jan 2004, 11:45 (Ref:837756)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Sorry Fisi, Massa et al.
Oh yes. Happy birthday 31st birthday Giancarlo!
Old 14 Jan 2004, 12:01 (Ref:837772)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Sorry Fisi, Massa et al.
It makes sense. Both Fisico and Massa signed for 2 years. If TGF retires at the end of 2005, Ferrari will have continuity with RB and a more experienced driver in one of the Sauber drivers that will be testing for them.
Old 14 Jan 2004, 12:02 (Ref:837774)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I was thinking more on the lines of Ross Brawn, Jean Todt and Rory Byrne.
Old 14 Jan 2004, 12:30 (Ref:837802)   #8
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Boy, so much for fluid driver line ups. Its like everyone's a Company Man on the Japanese model now.

I really don't believe that Barrichello is much better or even any better than the guys who have been shut out. 20 available seats and only eight of them potential winners is just not enough.
Old 14 Jan 2004, 12:31 (Ref:837804)   #9
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Well that answers that one then.

Sorry Fisi, Massa et al.

It seems that most of the big seats are taken for the foreseeable future.
Or (purely speculation) do Ferrari know that Michael will leave at the end of 04, thus using Rubens for continuity, and Massa and Fisi will be fighting over Michaels vacated seat?

As i said, purely speculation.

EDIT- Sorry Bon, didn't see your post up there

Last edited by Mr V; 14 Jan 2004 at 12:32.
Old 14 Jan 2004, 12:47 (Ref:837825)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Great minds think alike
Old 14 Jan 2004, 12:52 (Ref:837830)   #11
Nina
Racer

Nina should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this is good news for Rubens - although he is saying he was a wanted man..... by whom?

hmmm... anyway I love little Rubens so I'm happy he is with Ferrari until 2006
Old 14 Jan 2004, 13:24 (Ref:837872)   #12
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
It's possible that this means Schuey will quit at the end of the year, but I doubt it. I suspect this means that Fisichella will never get to race a Ferrari in F1. Oh well. I hope Rubens can step up to the plate this year and take the fight to Schuey, though; if he could drive every race like Silverstone '03, he'd probably win the championship...
Old 14 Jan 2004, 13:39 (Ref:837888)   #13
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
though; if he could drive every race like Silverstone '03, he'd probably win the championship...
Providing that Michael drove every race liked he did at Silverstone in 03
Old 14 Jan 2004, 13:50 (Ref:837905)   #14
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Nooooo......
Old 14 Jan 2004, 13:52 (Ref:837906)   #15
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
I think Rubens will benefit from this. It must have played on his mind last year when everyone got a new contract and he didn't.
Old 14 Jan 2004, 13:53 (Ref:837907)   #16
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like a base covering exercise to me.

IF MS decides to quit before 2006, they have continuity in Rubens. If MS stays to the end of his contract, RB is one of a few drivers on the grid who will play the No 2 role.

However, the speculator in me can't help feeling that maybe MS has intimated to Ferrari that he will retire before his offical contract is up, in which case it would make sense to keep Ruben's on the books and get him tied down now. It's also significant that (IIRC) Ruben's has recently only been on a one year contract extension basis?

If I were Fizzi or Massa I would prick up my ears, as they could end up in the other car, even on a short term basis, whilst Ferrari try and extract a Kimi or Alonso type driver from their undoubted complicated contract.

Last edited by Super Tourer; 14 Jan 2004 at 13:54.
Old 14 Jan 2004, 14:54 (Ref:837993)   #17
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Michael and Rubens are the best one-two combination in the series right now.

There styles and attitudes seem to complement one another, and I'll be glad to watch them run together for another couple of seasons. It had to be quite a relief for RB, to get signed, as he was the only guy on the team left hanging in the breeze...

Danica Patrick
Old 14 Jan 2004, 15:04 (Ref:837998)   #18
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Super Tourer
Looks like a base covering exercise to me.

IF MS decides to quit before 2006, they have continuity in Rubens.

....in which case it would make sense to keep Ruben's on the books and get him tied down now.

If I were Fizzi or Massa I would prick up my ears, as they could end up in the other car, even on a short term basis, whilst Ferrari try and extract a Kimi or Alonso type driver from their undoubted complicated contract.
Think you've summed up nicely exactly what i'm thinking sir!

Defo covering themselves, because Schu will be off soon. Both Sauber boys are in with decent shout of a drive if only perhaps for one year deals. unless.....

I think Fiat will go for Kimi who will sit alongside Rubens for a year or so then go onto become numero uno. Then Massa will come into replace Rubinho, thus continuing Fiat's wish of having a south american driver for marketing purposes.

Now those two wouldn't half make a good line up...assuming of course that Ferrari is competitive then?
Old 14 Jan 2004, 16:01 (Ref:838076)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by chunterer
I think Fiat will go for Kimi who will sit alongside Rubens for a year or so then go onto become numero uno. Then Massa will come into replace Rubinho, thus continuing Fiat's wish of having a south american driver for marketing purposes.
I think Kimi is a Mercedes man, and will remain at Mclaren.

About marketing purposes, very unlikely. TGF stars all Ferrari/FIAT ads around, as he's very popular in Brazil. I'd like that Massa could have some limelight, but Senna's image is too strong to beat.

Last edited by Bononi; 14 Jan 2004 at 16:08.
Old 14 Jan 2004, 17:15 (Ref:838192)   #20
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
i must say im surprised by this. i just hope Rubinho makes the most of it!! Porr Fisi
Old 14 Jan 2004, 17:46 (Ref:838237)   #21
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Alonso and Massa will be the Ferrari main men - but I still hold on to a shred of hope that Fisi will land in one of the two Williams seats. Ralf hasn't signed yet either, has he?
Old 14 Jan 2004, 17:51 (Ref:838244)   #22
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When you think about it ralf fan, there are alot of top drivers who need to make the most out of the up-coming season. Or else...

DC, needs a great 2004 in order to have any chance to keep his seat.
Fisi, has to show a marked improvement over last year, or his Ferrari dreams are over.
JPM, can't let it fall apart, or he maybe looked at like damaged goods.
Ralf needs to step it up to in order to secure #1 status over at Williams.
Panis is all but finished if he has another mediocre season.
Trulli needs to show the same quickness in the races, that he shows in qualifying.

It seems like there will be alot riding on this season for these guys. It should be a good one!

Danica Patrick
Old 14 Jan 2004, 17:57 (Ref:838248)   #23
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
hours after announcing that Rubens Barrichello has renewed his deal with Ferrari, the Brazilian has claimed that he had received offers from other teams who wanted to sign him

read the rest: PlanetF1.com

I wonder who the offers came from? Williams?
Old 14 Jan 2004, 18:13 (Ref:838263)   #24
Mr V
Veteran

England
Williams seems like the only "top" team that might be interested.

McLaren have JPM and most proberbly Kimi, plus (if what i've read before is to be believed*) Rubens approached McLaren about the possibility of a drive in 2001, Ron wasn't interested.

Renault will most proberbly keep either Alonso or Trulli and bring in Webber.

Can't see Rubens wanting to go any further down the grid than that.

(* not entirely sure where i read this, possibly F1Racing)
Old 14 Jan 2004, 18:31 (Ref:838280)   #25
fiona
Racer

Scotland
west lothian
fiona should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i got a feeling rubens has been sold a dummy, i cant honestly ever seeing him winning the WDC while M schumacher is at ferrari unless theres a repeat of 1999