Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 23 Jan 2004, 16:26 (Ref:848394)   #1
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2004 update kits to allow for powerboat style races?!

...A bright yellow Pennzoil Panther Racing Indy Racing League®IndyCar® Series No. 4 machine -- complete with driver -- has joined the lineup of motorsports cars "floating" in the lake in the Southeast corner of the complex. NASCAR driver Bobby Labonte’s Pontiac and Shauna Robinson’s NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series show vehicle were put in place in 2003.

"The IRL and TMS approached us about having a car for floating on the lake and we were obviously pretty excited about the opportunity,” said Doug Boles, co-owner of Panther Racing. “It is great for Panther, Pennzoil, Chevrolet and the IRL to have the 365-day-a-year visibility that the placement provides for us. And, with Pennzoil being a Texas-based company and Chevrolet having sponsored the fall TMS race the last few years, it is certainly a fitting place for the car"

I wasnt aware of any cars on display at Texas, certianly not in the middle of a lake I think it looks pretty cool
Old 23 Jan 2004, 17:02 (Ref:848433)   #2
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll bet fans must find that to be pretty interesting after a few beers, eh!?

Danica Patrick
Old 24 Jan 2004, 00:02 (Ref:848863)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
LOL , pretty cool , I guess last year alot of people were saying that Hornish was walking on water

wonder if the team can keep that up for 2004
Old 24 Jan 2004, 00:22 (Ref:848884)   #4
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We had a car on display here in the middle of the lake at Mallory Park.

Well, I say on display, but you needed diving gear. And the driver hadn't intended to put it there...
Old 24 Jan 2004, 01:46 (Ref:848937)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
DOH!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 24 Jan 2004, 11:30 (Ref:849212)   #6
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Downforce - with a picture like that you realy *Are* fishing arn't you :P
Old 24 Jan 2004, 11:32 (Ref:849213)   #7
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Old 24 Jan 2004, 14:23 (Ref:849315)   #8
B/Mark
Racer

B/Mark should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When we went to Texas last year, as we approached the circuit, on our right was a big lake with a NASCAR car set up right in the middle - it looked great!
As we drove past I said " Panther should have their car in too as double IRL Champs" Somebody must have been listening!
Old 24 Jan 2004, 15:55 (Ref:849369)   #9
oily oaf
Racer

oily oaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That Jesus will do anything to stop the alarming fall in church attendance figures.
Old 26 Jan 2004, 10:16 (Ref:850788)   #10
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had something witty to say, but I can't remember it had something to do with power boats crashing and flipping, but I think that would be somewhat tastless to make such a remark.