Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Jan 2004, 00:31 (Ref:851765)   #1
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dallara and Rollcentre

Can anyone explain how much help Rollcentre will recieve from Dallara with regards to ongoing development, producing a hybrid or even eventually building an new LMP1.

Lola has always backed up its customer teams, but Dallara has had very few cars racing in recent years.

The car has huge potential and I would imagine they would like to help in getting the car to the front of the grid.

It would be good for LMP1 prototype racing to have an alternative customer car to the new Lola.

Last edited by JAG; 27 Jan 2004 at 00:33.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 01:24 (Ref:851785)   #2
RacingManiac
Racer

RacingManiac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think business wise they care about their F3 program more.....way more customers all around the globe.....and then there are their IRL program which will probably be given more income with the pending road course modifications. Sportscar now I doubt will be on their mind....

Last edited by RacingManiac; 27 Jan 2004 at 01:25.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 12:35 (Ref:852167)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dont forget that Dallara now also supply International F3000 chasis on a exclusive basis too, so yes they will be very busy and probably wont have much time for sportscars. Having said that though Lola have CART contracts and Formula Nippon contracts and Euro F3000 contracts, as well as supplying chasis to F3 and they are still producing a update kit for the Lola MG EX257, so perhaps the Rollcentre team will receive some updates to thecars as the season goes on.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 12:42 (Ref:852179)   #4
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Dallara and Rollcentre

Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
Can anyone explain how much help Rollcentre will recieve from Dallara with regards to ongoing development, producing a hybrid or even eventually building an new LMP1.
Rollcentre will receive the car, and spares, and that'll be that.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 14:12 (Ref:852296)   #5
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I would think that those ex-Oreca cars are well modded up to spec . Two of the best chassis that were available I would have thought . I cant see Dallara not supporting it in some way ..... its benificial if they do , for them !!!
Old 27 Jan 2004, 14:41 (Ref:852327)   #6
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Oreca Dallaras had all of the upgrades as of 2002, the last year the chassis competed...

The Doran Lista Dallara was 2001 spec., and supposedly did not have the upgrades....

Dallara has their hands full with the new aero work for the IRL, their extensive F3000 involvement, etc....

However, if they would enter a working agreement with RollCentre, I'm sure they would be willing to review any aero changes RollCentre would commission (with their blessing, or course) and homologate them.....

What would they have to lose from having someone else test their chassis in race conditions and to benefit from the data and changes for future application to an LMP1 or LMP2 program down the road...

If either RollCentre or Dallara has anyone in-house with a creative mind, they would pursue such an agreement...thus both parties benefit...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 27 Jan 2004, 15:27 (Ref:852377)   #7
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just to be clear, did RollCentre buy both Dallars from Oreca, or just one??? They have only entered one for Sebring, yet I have read many posts referring to two cars. I don't recall reading that they had both cars, but maybe I missed it.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 15:36 (Ref:852395)   #8
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I guess it was part of the deal ..... all or nothing . They can use the second car for spares or sell the seats but what I would really like to hear is that they use it for testing too . That should give them a rather sharp edge !
Old 27 Jan 2004, 15:57 (Ref:852428)   #9
Cadete
Racer

Cadete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just read the announcment on the rollcentre site, it said that they have bought the two cars, they will race one now and they will race the other they are well established.

I can't wait for them to come here to Estoril, the only problem is if they only let people in the stands and not in the paddock.... if that's the case, it's time to tell my father to ask around his friends who can get me a pass to the paddock

Last edited by Cadete; 27 Jan 2004 at 16:00.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 16:21 (Ref:852459)   #10
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I found it also. Thanks.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 18:21 (Ref:852641)   #11
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I read elswere that Rollcentre will have a new paddel shift gearbox and will develop the rear aero of the car in particular.

Also in an earlier post it states that on Rollcentres website they will race the second chassis when they are more experienced with the car.

Surely this means they will be building a Hyrid as Nasamax are doing with there Reynard, otherwise the car would be uncompetitive from 2005.

Last edited by JAG; 27 Jan 2004 at 18:22.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 19:39 (Ref:852723)   #12
Fieldgate
Racer

Fieldgate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll attempt to answer the myriad of questions within the threads

Yes, Rollcentre bought both 2002 spec cars and a hooooge spares package. Oreca still have the older Chrysler/Mopar chassis for sale (I believe).

Yes, the paddle-shift system will be in (same as RfH Dome & integrally linked with the Judd engine) this should ensure greater longevity of the gearbox. The cars did not run with these at LeM 2002 (must be a second a lap ??)

Yes, the rear-end aero is a subject of work - including the wing (working with Dallara), the end-plates (ditto) and new developments (ditto but more linked as as aid with homolo.). As you have all stated, Dallara are up to their neck in other (profitable) business and the proto's are at the back of a very large queue.

The aero-development will be the biggest area of focus, the mechanics are well sorted, we have the services of someone who knows a bit about the subject....

The cars have only really run in earnest at LeMans, consequently there is much set-up work to consider for Sebring and the LMES circuits.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 20:46 (Ref:852828)   #13
JAG
Veteran

England
Thanks for that update.

Sounds like the Dallara/s wil be right on the pace in 2004.

Just one question, what are the plans for the cars in 2005/6 with regards to updating the cars to LMP1 hybrids. Or do you belive you can be competitive in there current spec.

A reply would be much appreciate.

Thanks
Old 27 Jan 2004, 21:17 (Ref:852872)   #14
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To Fieldgate:

Boy...if that older Dallara set up for the MOPAR V-8 is still out there, do you know if it's for sale????

If so, it has to be less in cost than the 2002 specs cars...

Sounds like yet another chassis possibility for the "LMP on a Shoestring" thread!!!!

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 28 Jan 2004, 09:36 (Ref:853331)   #15
Fieldgate
Racer

Fieldgate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the horses mouth :

2001 Oreca-Dallara LMP (1 car)
History : only raced by Team ORECA as a works entry ;
2001 : Le Mans 24 Hours (with Chrysler-Mopar V8 engine)
2002 : 2nd at Barcelona FIA Sportscar Champhionship (Judd V10 engine)
1st at Estoril FIA Sportscar Championship (Judd V10
engine)

Car sold complete without engine, with 4 sets of wheel, spare body and
suspension parts (value of spares: 75,000 euros);
Price : 200,000 euros ex taxes.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 21:43 (Ref:854315)   #16
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I'm sure that Shorty will make darned good use of it all, and it'll be successful.

One of the men who is helping him on this project is also very very clever. I shall say no more.

I wish him the best of British luck.

And remember.

He who hesitates is LAST

Rob.
Old 29 Jan 2004, 01:12 (Ref:854506)   #17
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
Sounds like the Dallara/s wil be right on the pace in 2004.
Than what? An R8, or three..

It will be very interesting to see where they can get the car to out of the box. It must have a huge development cycle left in it, but they'll have a lot of catching up to do.
Old 29 Jan 2004, 02:35 (Ref:854561)   #18
fia289
Rookie

Canada
fia289 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The simple answer is as much as rollcentre is willing to spend. How much budget do they have ? Remember Dallara is in the race car business, if someone is willing to pay, well they won't turn them away. Hey they were building the R8 when they designed the Oreca/Dallara, plus they were already in Indy and had the monopoly in f3 so ressources aren't an issue, money is....

Fred

Last edited by fia289; 29 Jan 2004 at 02:37.