Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 5 Feb 2004, 21:30 (Ref:864562)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So what are your plans for this year?

Well it's nearly that time of year, when finally after the long winter break its the start of the motor racing season. So I have been start here this evening planning what I am going to do this year.

My year has already started with a visit to Autosport Show. I have also managed to get some rallying in at Croft too. As for the rest of year well I have the Kall Kwik Rally, some Rally Cross at Croft and The Robin Hood Stages coming up over the next month.

Once they are out of the way it's into the track season, where all being well I will be at every TOCA round apart from Mondello, F3/GT's at Oulton, Croft and Donnington. I am also planning to be at the FIA GT/ETCC round at Donnington and the LMES at Silverstone. I am also planning to try and take in some SCV8, if it happens, just too see if it is any good. Also in the diary again is the Bentley Owners Club meeting at Silverstone.

I will be rounding the year off with some more rallying, more than likly the Trackrod and The Roger Clark Rally.

Highlight of the year will of course be Le Mans, no coach for me this year, I am heading out there on the Wednesday of race week for the first time.

Overall it is going to be a busy year.

So what do you all have planned for 2004?
Old 6 Feb 2004, 00:18 (Ref:864808)   #2
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I could post my full list, but essentially a lot of FF1600 and club racing, mainly at Mallory, Oulton and Combe. Thankfully, less F3 meetings than last year - more chance to see real racing!

My first event is 750MC on March 14 at Mallory.
Old 6 Feb 2004, 08:57 (Ref:865143)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I've done the Lydden rallycross and Autosport since christmas, more rallycross at Lydden on the 14th, then a bit of a gap until the rally of kent in march before the season kicks off in earnest.

I'll be at all the SEMSEC meetings, all Lydden rallycross meetings, rallycross at brands and the new wildtracks circuit. I need to fit a BTCC meeting in somewhere as well as SCV8 (got to have a look), formula saloons, super silhouettes (looked good at autosport so I'll go and see them in action), possibly a GT meeting (not seen GT's in action so don't really know if it's my thing - races are waaaaay long!), maybe EUROBOSS and ETCC.

There's quite a few clashes so I'll need to pick and choose, SEMSEC and rallycross are the priorities though.

Should keep me out of trouble.

Last edited by BertMk2; 6 Feb 2004 at 08:58.
Old 6 Feb 2004, 10:06 (Ref:865213)   #4
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My plans, all F3 meeting's probably bar Spa (can't get over there)! Thankfully no F3 meetings clash with BTCC so hopefully I'll be at all those too! (dunno about Mondello as it's bloody expensive!). Any week I'm not at either and F3 or BTCC meeting I'll be found at Oulton Park watching whatever clubbies on there! Will be at the BGP and the WRC too! Also the FFord Festival! Man, what a year!
Old 6 Feb 2004, 11:15 (Ref:865296)   #5
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bert do the Jubilee event on the 10th April at Lydden
Old 6 Feb 2004, 13:32 (Ref:865411)   #6
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by ss_collins
Bert do the Jubilee event on the 10th April at Lydden
What's gonna be there for that? I really need to work out what's going on where, half the time I'm not 100% what each meeting includes
Old 6 Feb 2004, 18:37 (Ref:865689)   #7
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sure MN will have their national racing calendar in soon - that will answer all your questions!
Old 6 Feb 2004, 19:00 (Ref:865707)   #8
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
www.trackdates.com has got most of this year's events listed
Old 7 Feb 2004, 16:17 (Ref:866422)   #9
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lots and lot of marshalling is on the cards for me this season. Hoping to visit a few new circuits this year too.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 20:26 (Ref:871136)   #10
Remus
Racer

Remus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both Goodwood weekends,30th birthday at the LMES weekend, British GP, return visit to Eau Rouge for the Belgium GP, Donington ETCC, a return to Rockingham if Seat will pick up the tab again for my mates, and really looking forward to the RAC rally in December. Not gripped by the BTCC at present after not missing a year since I was 5. Just lost interest in the whole thing.
Will try to get to clubies at Cadwell and Oulton, and perhaps a first trip to Castle Coombe.

Rest of the year will be spent grovelling/apologising to wife/baby...
Rdjones, could you post the date for the Kall-kwik please. I remember this at the last minute every year. Will try to get into Dalby for this and the de Lacy rally again.