Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 14 Mar 2004, 21:01 (Ref:905291)   #1
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gronholm - gotta admire him.

What an honest guy - he basically said "the car is rubbish" after his power steering failed again!

I've never been a big fan of Gronholm as he's the sort of stereotypical Finn - not much to say though not as bad as Kimi Raikkonen - but this year I have to say he's getting a bit more of my support. Much of the same reason why I support Petter Solberg - down to earth guy that aint afraid to cross the PR line once or twice.

Certainly refreshing to see that there's still some outspoken drivers in motorsport this level.
Old 14 Mar 2004, 21:32 (Ref:905313)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to say that did make be laugh - he was not happy chappy was he....
Old 14 Mar 2004, 21:32 (Ref:905315)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"I'M FED UP WITH THIS CAR!"

Old 15 Mar 2004, 00:49 (Ref:905440)   #4
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
"I'M FED UP WITH THIS CAR!"

Well it's nice to see it's not just Solberg that speaks his mind in this sport

Last edited by Yoong Montoya; 15 Mar 2004 at 00:52.
Old 15 Mar 2004, 18:22 (Ref:906182)   #5
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Corrado Provera spoke out big words, too, for Marcus's power steering breaking on third rally in the row beeing unacceptable, and he wasn't pleased the steering rod just falling off on Rovanperas car either.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 16 Mar 2004, 23:15 (Ref:907682)   #6
Pip
Racer

Pip should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Burnsy had problems with the Pug last season.... I remember in car footage of him saying something along the lines of

"Why does this effing car never effing work"... after it broke again!
Old 17 Mar 2004, 03:04 (Ref:907850)   #7
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reminds me of my old 306... Peugeot are not exactly reliable car makers although the cars handle beautifully.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 19:03 (Ref:908453)   #8
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My '77 Peugeot 504 Diesel was a relatively good car, never let me on the road. Only downside was it rusted well, too. Well, it was over 10 year old, though.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 18 Mar 2004, 12:18 (Ref:909198)   #9
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bet it doesn't handle as well as a 306 though It's one or the other...
Old 18 Mar 2004, 15:12 (Ref:909367)   #10
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He should expect niggling problems, it's a totally new car.
Old 18 Mar 2004, 19:35 (Ref:909621)   #11
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
niggling problems are normaly with ecu's and engines and gearboxes.

Not carless'ness with steering rods falling off and consistant powerstearing problems (the power steering system is suppose to be the same as the 206's one)

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 19 Mar 2004, 19:51 (Ref:911095)   #12
Pip
Racer

Pip should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'spect his new 5 speed gearbox will fall out in New Zealand or something like that!
Old 21 Mar 2004, 10:54 (Ref:913819)   #13
Matthopps
Racer

United Kingdom
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Matthopps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Subaru have got a new car and not had nearly as many niggling problems with it. Pug should be able to sort their own problems out if other teams can sort theirs out.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 19:30 (Ref:914192)   #14
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Plus, the 307's been out testing for ages! About a year ?
Old 23 Mar 2004, 13:29 (Ref:916473)   #15
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I must admit to admiring Marcus - I guess he's the nearest thing to Tommi we have now - never seen as overly flamboyant but will always have the raw speed to win rallies and championships.

And I think we saw his genuine frustration with the car. The same thing breaking on three successive rallies is unforgiveable, and it was interesting to hear Provera (Team Manager?) echoing Gronholm's words.

I always found it kind of strange that Peugeot and Citroen could win Manufacturer's Championship titles at WRC while still producing truly appalling, poorly built and unreliable cars on the road. Seems that, for Peugeot at least, the road car frailty is creeping into the rally cars now.
Old 26 Mar 2004, 23:19 (Ref:920679)   #16
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think there are two reasons for his frustration.
1 THe power power steering problem has dogged Peugeot for a couple of years now. The 206 suffered endlessly with the same problem and you can imagine Marcus's mood when the PS breaks on every bloody rally so far.
And 2: the thing is so quick, he would have been winning rallies already if it were not for silly problems like the PS.
The guy is STILL far quicker than anyone else on gravel and for me the most complete driver out there.
And to think, a while ago he was accused of being overly lucky!