Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 16 Mar 2004, 13:32 (Ref:907005)   #1
TedN
Racer

Canada
Georgetown, ON, Canada
TedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More On Carpentier

Story Here.

Geez I hope this situation works out for the better.

Ted

Old 16 Mar 2004, 15:43 (Ref:907109)   #2
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
suzmac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for posting that Ted! I sure hope they find my man a ride!!!

Sue
Old 17 Mar 2004, 00:46 (Ref:907769)   #3
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i agree....if there's one guy who deserves better it's patrick....i just don't get it....here a new series is trying to get its act together and one of the OWRS principals is trying to farm him out to other teams because he found a driver with better sponsor connections?....what kind of message does this send?....the recent defection of fernandez to the irl has caused many a person to sound off against him, how traitorous he is etc., etc., yet very few people have mentioned the dissension within forsythe and the royal shafting that patrick has received....if anyone had a right to jump ship and head to the irl it would be him and quite frankly, i wouldn't blame him for it.....
Old 17 Mar 2004, 01:04 (Ref:907784)   #4
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
Tenoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boy Jerry Forthsye really blew it this time, I mean he hasnt even secured sponsorship for Paul Tracy, only Lavin has secure sponsorship and he brought that. I see no point in for cing Patrick to attend Long Beach and making him sit right next to the guy who stole his job.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 03:18 (Ref:907860)   #5
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
suzmac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tenoch
Boy Jerry Forthsye really blew it this time, I mean he hasnt even secured sponsorship for Paul Tracy, only Lavin has secure sponsorship and he brought that. I see no point in for cing Patrick to attend Long Beach and making him sit right next to the guy who stole his job.
Not to mention a driver that doesn't even drive as well as Patrick!!!! IMO

Sue
Old 17 Mar 2004, 06:32 (Ref:907905)   #6
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tenoch
(...)I see no point in for cing Patrick to attend Long Beach and making him sit right next to the guy who stole his job.
Hello, Tenoch,

Most likely Forsythe (I mean, Forsythe Racing) did that to fulfil contractual obligations. It is very possible that, should it had happened otherwise, that it would have been a major contract breach - what would have been the same as opening a big can of (litigation) worms.

Also, to Carpentier it was very important to be there: first as it is his duty as a professional, no matter how hurt he may be; second, it shifts the responsibility to Forsythe, and it does it in a very public manner.

Cheers,

Muzza
Old 17 Mar 2004, 12:18 (Ref:908121)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In the article "Carpentier said he's still not sold on the idea that OWRS -- the former CART series -- is even going to be able to run a whole season. "I don't even know if there is going to be a CART series," he said. "When Adrian (Fernandez) left to go to the Indy Racing League it was a big blow."", which seems like a shot at Gerry, and not a great publicity move in my view, although perfectly accurate.

Considering Pat's mediocre record over the years, and his complete failure to adjust to the Lolas last season, I don't see that PKVR and Conquest are neccessarily below him, as he appears to feel. Talgiani went to RocketSports and revitalised himself in a team where he felt supported and wanted. Now's Pat's chance to do the same.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 17:52 (Ref:908367)   #8
Cameron H
Rookie

Cameron H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
In the article "Carpentier said he's still not sold on the idea that OWRS -- the former CART series -- is even going to be able to run a whole season. "I don't even know if there is going to be a CART series," he said. "When Adrian (Fernandez) left to go to the Indy Racing League it was a big blow."", which seems like a shot at Gerry, and not a great publicity move in my view, although perfectly accurate.

Considering Pat's mediocre record over the years, and his complete failure to adjust to the Lolas last season, I don't see that PKVR and Conquest are neccessarily below him, as he appears to feel. Talgiani went to RocketSports and revitalised himself in a team where he felt supported and wanted. Now's Pat's chance to do the same.
Excellent point about Tags and Rocksports. Pat could be the guy to help an entire team raise it's game. He should see this as a challenge to overcome and stick it to GF. My pick would be Conquest, they had some decent results with Mario last year.

Cam
Old 17 Mar 2004, 19:55 (Ref:908535)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree. He needs to find a team that works the way he works; Tag found that in dealing with PG, whose personality appears to mesh with his own, and who has spurred him on to becoming what we always suspected was the driver he can be, instead of a sulking crank who was always sure the other guy was getting a bigger slice of cake than he got.

I'd put Patrick with Fittipaldi for a similar makeover.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 20:02 (Ref:908553)   #10
EBTM
Rookie

EBTM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree on the improvement of Tag and the good chemistry that took place with his team. Hopefully Pat get a ride and an opportunity like this.

Was not PG who told Tag to either pass some cars or park the car???

I remember that in Toronto, in the radio someone told Tracy to "keep it safe" during the last laps. Then the TV switched to the communication between PG and Tag and PG said "don't do anything stu**d"
Old 18 Mar 2004, 00:44 (Ref:908786)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, that was what he said (edited for family viewing.) And Tag remarked in Montreal that the benefit of a one-car team was that when you did well, you got all the big hugs and kisses, but when you messed up, you got all the slaps in the head too.
Old 18 Mar 2004, 00:47 (Ref:908788)   #12
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EBTM
Was not PG who told Tag to either pass some cars or park the car???
That was a radio transmission that they relayed on TV. A lot of people (myself included) were concerned that PG was not going provide a good environment for Tag and comments like that scared people even more. For some reason those guys obviously clicked and it worked out great.

Tag showed he had the ability earlier in his career and I think the same is true for Pat. Hopefully he'll get to shine at a new team just like Tag.