Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 20 Mar 2004, 03:45 (Ref:911416)   #1
Flavinha
Racer

Flavinha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hunter-Reay Announced with Herdez

Indianapolis, IN – (March 19, 2004) Herdez Competition announced today that is has signed American driver Ryan Hunter-Reay to partner Mario Dominguez in the team’s 2004 Champ Car World Series challenge. A proven race winner, Hunter-Reay 23, of Boca Raton, Florida will pilot the #4 Herdez/Ford-Cosworth/Lola.
Coming off the team’s most successful season in its three-year history, co-owner and managing director Keith Wiggins believes Hunter-Reay, a sophomore in 2004, will play an important roll in the continued growth and development of Herdez Competition, “Ryan will be a strong teammate alongside Mario. Both had good 2003 seasons and I think they will be a forceful combination in what is shaping up to be a very competitive 2004 field. To be able to run a top American driver alongside a top Mexican driver is a wonderful combination from all perspectives – racing, operations, public relations and marketing. We are looking forward to the season.”

Hunter-Reay is pleased with the opportunity to join the established and successful Herdez Competition, “I am thrilled that I will be driving for Herdez Competition in the 2004 Champ Car World Series. After winning the last race of the 2003 season I was determined to drive for a front line team that has the ability to consistently be at the sharp end of the grid – I have every confidence we can do that at Team Herdez. We have already set the pace at both the Sebring and Fontana tests of the 2004 season. I enjoy the chemistry and professionalism of the team and I’m excited about the opportunity to work with Tom Brown, Will Phillips and Michael Cannon, the Herdez engineers. Everyone on the team really made me feel welcome from day one and having the support of such an excellent group of people is critical to our success. A special thanks to all of our fans and many supporters in the off-season. Let’s go racing.”

A graduate of the Champ Car Ladder System, Hunter-Reay made his Champ Car debut in 2003. He earned his first Champ Car victory at the Lexmark Indy in Surfers Paradise, Australia becoming the first American to win in his Rookie year since 1983. This followed his third place finish at the challenging Mid-Ohio road course, where he also became the first American Rookie to podium in 13 years.

Mario Dominguez is also delighted to have Ryan as his new teammate, “it is great to have a driver of Ryan’s talent join the team. Having a young American with us is great for the team, our sponsors and the series. I am really looking forward to working with him.”

Hunter-Reay will join Dominguez as the team continues its pre-season testing next week at Sebring (March 24th to 26th). The 15-race series kicks off on April 18th at the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach. For more information please visit www.TeamHerdez.com.

It is time to the good news!!!!
Old 20 Mar 2004, 03:51 (Ref:911417)   #2
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is one that I'm very gald to see. I see it as a great opportunity for RHR as well as the CCWS.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 04:06 (Ref:911437)   #3
Mike.ca
Racer

Mike.ca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An excellent young American driver - just what Champ Car needs.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 04:10 (Ref:911443)   #4
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More good news.....keep them coming!!!
Old 20 Mar 2004, 04:55 (Ref:911464)   #5
sgw2
Racer

United States
Sunnyvale, California
sgw2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good News! Good for Ryan, he deserves this ride. I look forward to seeing this young man run in a good car.

Now let's get Michel Jourdain squared in a good car (can we all say Emmo/PKVR?). :-)
Old 20 Mar 2004, 04:57 (Ref:911467)   #6
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
How about Michel Jourdain Jr. and Mika Salo on the same team?! That sounds like a great team to me.....now we just need to find Patreek a good or at least a decent ride!!
Old 20 Mar 2004, 06:39 (Ref:911534)   #7
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 20 Mar 2004, 08:47 (Ref:911723)   #8
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Great news for both RHR and Herdez!
If Carpentier and Valiante cannot secure rides, there will be more Americans in the series than Canadians!
Imagine that!
Old 20 Mar 2004, 09:08 (Ref:911745)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think Herdez will miss the steady hand of Roberto Moreno this year.. in testing, feedback and development of his fellow driver, and the car.

Good news for Ryan.. but I still hope Roberto is around to assist this operation!
Old 20 Mar 2004, 09:26 (Ref:911761)   #10
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I think Moreno is driving Australian V8's this year.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 09:32 (Ref:911768)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe thats his plan, and with Aussie mentor Greg "Pee Wee" Siddle who had the foresight to bring Roberto down under for the old Australian Grand Prix before we had the F1 cars here... its entirely possible... but there is no noise this end about that...
Old 20 Mar 2004, 09:45 (Ref:911786)   #12
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
That'll teach me for thinking.
Turns out I had no idea what I was talking about!
Old 20 Mar 2004, 15:15 (Ref:912066)   #13
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
From the reports I've heard RHR has been quicker then Dominguez in testing out West! The win at Surfers Paradise may have have given Ryan a real boost of confidence...
Old 21 Mar 2004, 00:51 (Ref:913133)   #14
GBoehm
Racer

United States
San Ramon, CA
GBoehm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An American driver with a Mexican team...... awesome
Old 21 Mar 2004, 01:10 (Ref:913151)   #15
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
Tenoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This combo sounds great you got hunter reay who's shown skill even with his reynard, but then you got Super Mario who's one of the most exciting drivers in the serie, two great drivers at a team that has really come into its own this is great!!!!
Old 21 Mar 2004, 04:33 (Ref:913380)   #16
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jourdain and Salo on the same team? Sounds like an excellent idea. I really hope Salo gets a ride in CART this year. He's far too good to go elsewhere. I've always felt CART had the potential to grab lots of ex-F1 drivers who never had the success they were capable of, etc. I don't think F1 drivers like what they do, with the possible exception of MS. Sure CART's not as glitzy as F1, but ultimately I'd rather do something I love.