Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 5 Apr 2004, 16:41 (Ref:931227)   #1
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
GT/FIA Historics - Mondello Park - May 7/8/9

I have been asked to post this on behalf of the Chief Marshal of the event:

Hello All,
A round of the FIA Historic Class combined with a round of the British GT
Championship is going to be held in Mondello Park on 7th-9th May.

I am looking for as many marshals to assist with the meeting of this
event.
If you are interested in marshalling this event you can contact me at
mattie.kennedy@mrmci.com.

Thanking You in Advance.

Mattie Kennedy

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 5 Apr 2004 at 16:41.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 06:54 (Ref:931871)   #2
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
This may seem like an expensive trip...BUT!

Return flights to Gatwick on Ryanair, coming over Thursday evening and going back Monday morning, will set you back £40

That's less than a lot of you pay in petrol going from one circuit to another!

Stena Line also do a special motorsport rate for ferries, which is somewhere around the £150, and includes a trailer if you have one. So if you can get 4 people in the car, it will still work out at around £40 per head! The average price of petrol here is around €0.90 at the moment, so that's 60p to you lot! Sounding attractive yet?

Modest camping facilities are available and we also have a list of B&Bs that offer discounts to marshals. Remember, your money goes a lot further here too - £1 is worth €1.50 at the moment!

Mondello is a fun, technically challenging circuit and provides some very entertaining racing.

As anyone who has visited us before can confirm, we can promise you good racing, a warm welcome and the best Guinness you will find anywhere in the world!

If any or all of those things are your idea of a good time, then I guess we can also promise you a good time!

I've had a look at the calendar on marshals.org.uk and it looks like we definitely have one of the more interesting meetings going on that weekend! So go on, take the plunge and come visit!

If anyone wants further info, feel free to pm or email me!

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 6 Apr 2004 at 06:59.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 07:02 (Ref:931876)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I will make this a Hot Topic for you...
Old 6 Apr 2004, 07:11 (Ref:931882)   #4
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Thank you oh great one If you're wanting to come over, we have lots of priests here - I'm sure we could arrange a few for you.....

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 6 Apr 2004 at 07:11.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 07:19 (Ref:931890)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Unfortunately I will be on holiday in France that weekend so will not be able to make the trip to Ireland Maybe next year
Old 6 Apr 2004, 12:08 (Ref:932161)   #6
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EP, I'm coming over, so please come and find me in the pits/paddock area at some point during the weekend.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 13:01 (Ref:932238)   #7
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
LOL - will do - you there all 3 days?
Old 6 Apr 2004, 18:18 (Ref:932579)   #8
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be around on the friday, but am there for the GT event, should be enough time to meetup.
Old 13 Apr 2004, 17:17 (Ref:938526)   #9
Mr.Orange
Rookie

Mr.Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have just got back from holiday after sunning my buns and be too burnt to move... LOL. But seriously, I'll be at Silverstone for the BTCC.

Look out for Darrell, He'll be over there working with Jensen Motorsport car #63. He has moved up in the world! But still remembers it being wet last year. Can you still promise the sun...!?

See you for the BTCC round, beers at my tailer-tent!
Old 19 Apr 2004, 20:06 (Ref:944635)   #10
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would join you wlike a shot, with Blueflagger who will be staying with me for a couple of weeks.

However I am not having the plaster off til 6th May, and only then will be allowed to put weight on the leg, so I think it unlikely we can work it. Have a Guiness for us.
Old 20 Apr 2004, 06:58 (Ref:945047)   #11
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
aww come along anyway - I'm sure we can find something for you to do!
Old 20 Apr 2004, 07:14 (Ref:945060)   #12
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is this really a three day event? Is it usual at Mondello for running on Friday's?
Old 20 Apr 2004, 08:18 (Ref:945099)   #13
2CV Racer
Racer

2CV Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes it is. And no it isn't. :-)
Old 20 Apr 2004, 17:37 (Ref:945754)   #14
Upside Down Bug
Veteran

England
Kent
Upside Down Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi EP

I would have loved to come over for this. I'm looking for an Irish event I can come over to without the pressure of clerking. I still haven't managed to have a proper Guiness session with you and the magnet.

Sadly, they've rearranged a clubman's rallycross at Blyton on 16 May, so I can't realy afford the time. I've looked at my calender and can't find any sizeable gaps during the summer. Is there anything winter wise? Rally, karting racing anything realy.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 06:47 (Ref:946343)   #15
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Realistically, the calendar for standard racing ends in early October - after that, there's a couple of rallycrosses, but that's about it. We don't do much in winter here (except hibernate!). There's usually rallysprints and stuff, but they don't require marshals for those.

Has there been any word on RallyX at Anglesey? If that's on, we would hope to get over for it.

Other than that, the next biggie is the BTCC in June. How about the Leinster Trophy? That's usually on around the end of September - I don't have a date for it yet though.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 08:19 (Ref:946388)   #16
2CV Racer
Racer

Don't forget the two day BRDA Rallycross round on October 9th and 10th.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 09:26 (Ref:946445)   #17
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
I'm coming over to look after the HSCC competitors. I won't know anyone else, so do come and say 'hello'.
Old 21 Apr 2004, 10:49 (Ref:946507)   #18
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by 2CV Racer
Don't forget the two day BRDA Rallycross round on October 9th and 10th.
I doubt if he'd dare forget that one But I think he's looking for something where he doesn't have any responsibilities

JohnGee, look forward to meeting you. I'll be the one in orange.... I'll also be the short fat one in the 10-10ths hat, which is a slightly bigger clue! Also look for a large green suited scotsman with red hair and a pony tail lurking near the med centre....
Old 21 Apr 2004, 11:33 (Ref:946564)   #19
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
John will be the one in the grey trousers and blazer looking incredibly dapper
Old 21 Apr 2004, 11:57 (Ref:946595)   #20
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Stephen
I'm told by John Grant, the new MSA Chairman, that we should not dress like that anymore as it creates the wrong impression! Whatever can he mean?
Old 21 Apr 2004, 11:59 (Ref:946598)   #21
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
We can't have you Clerks walking round looking like us scruffy marshals John
Old 21 Apr 2004, 18:51 (Ref:946984)   #22
Upside Down Bug
Veteran

England
Kent
Upside Down Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're quite right EP, no resposibility at all please - I'm not getting in my orange often enough these days, and I look so fetching in it!!!!!
Old 28 Apr 2004, 18:43 (Ref:954908)   #23
Stinky
Rookie

Stinky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
2CV Racer
Derek? Is that you?

:-)

Christine
Old 29 Apr 2004, 13:10 (Ref:955746)   #24
2CV Racer
Racer

It sure is ...... but don't tell anyone!!
Old 8 May 2004, 22:10 (Ref:964605)   #25
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just uploaded my pictures from Saturday to www.marshalspost.com/gallery/155.html if anyone is interested.