Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 4 May 2004, 20:35 (Ref:960827)   #1
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Here's a novelty- Marshals wanted for 16th May at Curborough

The sprint being run by the Midland Region of the Marshals Club at Curborough (near Lichfield, Staffordshire) on Sunday 16th May could do with another two or three marshals to make up a full complement.

Any volunteers please p/m me and I will forward details.

Many thanks

Jim Whitaker
Chairman
Midland Region
Old 4 May 2004, 20:42 (Ref:960835)   #2
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly Jim, it isn't a novelty, more the way things seem to be going.
The old ones are stepping down and not enough new ones are coming in. Along with too many meetings vying for too few marshals, something drastic needs to be done. I know this has already been done to death on other threads, but without you boys and girls, motor sport will grind to a stop. I'm very afraid that this will happen sooner rather than later.
Old 4 May 2004, 22:26 (Ref:960957)   #3
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If it's any consolation, I was talking to a mate of mine tonight who hasn't marshalled for about 3 years now. She took her family to Rockingham at the weekend for the Ascar meeting and told me tonight that as soon as she has moved house she's coming back to marshalling - she hadn't realised how much she'd missed it!
Old 6 May 2004, 20:44 (Ref:962877)   #4
bigal
Rookie

England
Bedfordshire
bigal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope you get enough help Jim but diz is correct when saying that there are too many meetings - that there are events at Silverstone, Mallory and Donington that day.
Old 7 May 2004, 19:41 (Ref:963758)   #5
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I suspect part of the problem is becoming very obvious on this site. There's requests for the same weekend now for Oulton, Curborough, Blyton and Donington. In addition I'm out at Shelsley and could manage with a few more. It's ludicrous how many meetings there are on the same dates, and it's still only May, the season ain't got going yet. Something will give soon. Those of you who aren't committed to anything, give Jim a hand as it's for the marshals club, and then when he's full up, you might like to come hill climbing?

Sorry to hijack you're thread, Jim, but I promise to send the hoardes to you for first refusal.
Old 8 May 2004, 19:03 (Ref:964501)   #6
tangoed sparky
Racer

England
DERBY
tangoed sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have just asked the missis if I can go and I am now going to ply her with wine and ask again. I have never marshaled at a sprint but I have been considering it and curbrough is ideal as its not to far away. I have got some good memories of curbrough as my uncle and his pal used to sprint a Lotus Elan and they often took me along. I will PM you if and when I have talked her into it.
Old 9 May 2004, 20:59 (Ref:965892)   #7
tangoed sparky
Racer

England
DERBY
tangoed sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Jim its not worked I have to much DIY on at the min and the wife wants it doing. (enclose smiley of man under the thumb)
Old 17 May 2004, 19:40 (Ref:973722)   #8
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks to those who came and helped out. A good day with only one car even needing the services of a tow truck (and that was precautionary as he had hit the kerbs with a terrible clunk).

Thanks to all who helped out.

Regards

Jim