Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 30 Nov 2000, 14:19 (Ref:50465)   #1
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Derrick Walker has returned to CART and will field Toyota-powered Reynards with Japanese Formula Nippon star Toransuke "Tora" Takagi. The young Japanese driver also made 32 starts for Tyrrell F1 finished 7th as his best.

This guy has speed but us sometimes erratic, he should be able to show his stuff on the street courses.
Old 30 Nov 2000, 14:22 (Ref:50468)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I thought takagi was impressive in his first year of F1 with Tyrrell but was less than impressive with his second year at Arrows..but he has totally dominated the japanese Formula Nippon (F3000) series in 2000 and I hope he does well in champcars.
Old 1 Dec 2000, 02:23 (Ref:50584)   #3
craigmanning
Rookie

United Kingdom
Toronto Canada
craigmanning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...hey Marcus, long time no see, how are things in the land of Oz? Did you go to Surfers?
The thing that makes me happiest about this Walker team is the Pioneer sponsorship. I really like Derek. He seems to have been hanging by a thread the last couple of years. I was thinking about Gil's timing in leaving...pretty remarkable huh?...
Old 1 Dec 2000, 03:45 (Ref:50593)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was so pleased to hear Gil give Derrick Walker praise for all he had learned from him - of course Gil had some trying times with that team, but it's true, he did learn a lot - and I wish all good things for Derrick Walker who is a gracious and hopeful fellow in the face of obstacles that would make Minardi turn faint and pale.

Good luck to Tora next year and may he have a chance to show his stuff in a car worthy of his abilities.
Old 1 Dec 2000, 13:44 (Ref:50646)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Hi craig...i too think that derrick walker is a very nice guy..he has done alot for Cart and wish him and Tora a heap of success.

as for Surfers i was there about 2 or 3 weeks before the race Craig..first time to the gold coast for me and it was pretty exciting..I have posted some pics of the track under construction somewhere in this forum..if ya do a hunt you may be able to track them down.

CHEERS
Marcus
Old 5 Dec 2000, 00:12 (Ref:51144)   #6
ma
Racer

ma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Walker Racing back in CART" ?????????????????

I never knew they left !