Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 2 Dec 2000, 18:31 (Ref:50827)   #1
FEUsmart
Racer

FEUsmart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the Autosport Awards taking place tomorrow night, the long wait is almost over for the nominees for this award. Anyone got an opinion on who might win?

I started off thinking it would be Davidson or Dalziel, but I'm being swayed towards Robbie Kerr at the moment...
Old 7 Dec 2000, 19:46 (Ref:51532)   #2
FEUsmart
Racer

FEUsmart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, it seems nobody on this forum cared who won this award, but BAR were watching, for sure.

Even though Anthony Davidson has no substantial knowledge even of a slicks and wings category, they've decided to sign him up as an F1 test driver. Well why not?? By the end of next year, when they may be ready to have him in the race team, he will have a season of F3 behind him, which makes him over-qualified to race in F1 these days.

In it's article on 'Age Concern' today, Autosport pointed out that many teams are picking experienced test drivers, as the testing ban at the end of next season means development work for the following must be done early. Well, it doesn't make sense to me.

I'm all in favour of young drivers breaking into F1, but the current trend is getting ridiculous. It's another feather in Ford's cap, I suppose, but (I may well be wrong here) I don't think Davidson's even driven an F1 car yet, isn't the decision to have him as a testdriver a little hasty??

Anyone else think the world's gone crazy, or is it just me?
Old 7 Dec 2000, 21:40 (Ref:51548)   #3
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, it definately has gone nuts. Rakiokkenen or whatever his name is got a superlicence today. The joke going round that Arrows GP signed up some 7 year old who's never driven but is quite good on the PlayStation could be a reality before we know it. I guess it's a good way to learn about racing lines!!