Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:01 (Ref:1009782)   #1
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I Hate ITV

Thats two weekend in a row where they have cut away from the curcuit before the interviews. They totally suck big fat eggs! We dont want to watch the football and even more Corrie! NO I hate them so much! I now have to wait up til midnight to watch them the day before i start my new job!!! YUCK YUCK YUCK When i get my own place i want sky i hate ITV
Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:04 (Ref:1009788)   #2
boom boom
Racer

boom boom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do not have cable and do not want to buy the extra digital pakage just to get the one chanel I want to watch F1... so I wait till Monday or tuesday to watch the race on tape... so I do feel your pain
Good luck on your new job elspethhardie
Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:06 (Ref:1009793)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
SKY won't do you any good elsp, they don't do F1!
Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:12 (Ref:1009797)   #4
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thank you for that info knowlesy! I was just ranting was about to go and buy a video recorder for tonights show then realised its sunday so no where will be open! will have to wait for first pay check! and wont get my own place for at least a yr so will have to put up with ITV for now!
Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:14 (Ref:1009801)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The press conference will by on the highlights show, Jim promised. However you can ignore the adverts and read it online (F1.com or F1-live) before that...
Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:15 (Ref:1009802)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You'll survive....possibly.

Did you know that Dev is having a health scare?

Just an interesting point that Jim Rosenthal raised. Who's Dev? Baumgartners race engineer or something?

Sounds like some sort of soap character.....
Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:18 (Ref:1009811)   #7
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
You'll survive....possibly.

Did you know that Dev is having a health scare?

Just an interesting point that Jim Rosenthal raised. Who's Dev? Baumgartners race engineer or something?

Sounds like some sort of soap character.....
Dev is a soap character from Corrie which is obviously much more inportant than the F1 press conference as corrie is completely real! and everybody cares about Dev!
Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:22 (Ref:1009821)   #8
tangoed sparky
Racer

England
DERBY
tangoed sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What gets on my TITS is the bl**dy adverts aswell last week when England got beat by france there was no adverts on during the match only during half time then we had to listen to aload of rubbish from the comentators at the end of the match. In F1 like you say we dont even get the post race interveiws if they are pushed for time. Berne should take it off ITV and give it back to BBC and we can also have fleetwoodmacs the chain back for the sound track.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:24 (Ref:1009829)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What ANNOYS me is pretty much everything.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:25 (Ref:1009836)   #10
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
Don't start me on the adverts!!! The shocking mistake today was the first ad they cut too after Ralfs crash when we didnt know how he was! I hadn't seen him moving!! Was an ad for Bud with a Williams car struggleing for grip around a crown shape curcuit! you would have thought the ITV guys would have thought about it being a little insensitive!
Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:51 (Ref:1009918)   #11
f1truestory
Racer

f1truestory has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
hey people.......if u got ITV commentary, u r already very lucky.......

If you watch/heard "Speed" Or "Star Sports" commentary....they are so pathetic.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 19:56 (Ref:1009931)   #12
RTH
Racer

RTH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We never realised just how excellent the BBC were in comparison to the trully dreadful service we have to put up with now . I would sack the lot of them.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 20:00 (Ref:1009939)   #13
tangoed sparky
Racer

England
DERBY
tangoed sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They might be **** but some of the ITV team or quite good IMO.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 20:07 (Ref:1009952)   #14
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
Its not the team as such that gets on my nerves but just the whole situation of the press conference not being shown until the highlights! for two weeks running if not more odd weeks just cos some stupid soap is on. I kinda understood for the England match (although not a footie fan) but i do object to other matches ie random countries!
Old 20 Jun 2004, 20:49 (Ref:1010031)   #15
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whenever Jim has to fill in a gap whilst waiting for a commercial he always says to Mark or Tony,

"So, what about those Ferraris and the job they've done here today then?"

Well done Jim!
Old 20 Jun 2004, 21:08 (Ref:1010068)   #16
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i almoast hate football now. they(national TV station) not only showed Canada and US GP;s on another channell in .. but they were almoast ready cut from F1 because they were late with the trasmition ...to show some stupid football game ... gggrrr .
btw . i never hated it before .. but i almoast do now .

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Jun 2004, 21:19 (Ref:1010074)   #17
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its not as if the F1 result was in any doubt.

Come to think of it, is any F1 result in doubt these days!

Last edited by JAG; 20 Jun 2004 at 21:20.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 21:31 (Ref:1010088)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Well there is certainly is a case of not showing the last bit of any motor race then is there.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 21:37 (Ref:1010098)   #19
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
jag . what if you would miss the end on the LeMans . i would try to kill the responsible

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Jun 2004, 22:20 (Ref:1010176)   #20
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, and the best dumbass moment in F1 history goes to Ted Kravitz...

You're are on the grid and have an interview with one of the best drivers in the world moments before they are about to step into action. You can ask them any question you like. What does Ted choose? "So, why do you wear knee pads".

I swear, I almost took a sledge hammer to the TV after that one .
Old 20 Jun 2004, 22:30 (Ref:1010194)   #21
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
lloll .. good one .. poor Schumacher.. that was a trick question .

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Jun 2004, 22:31 (Ref:1010195)   #22
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The whole thing really gets on my *cough* nerves.

Slightly OT, at the end of most GP coverage there is always some football coverage mentioned, and I think 'When are they going to start mentioning F1 on a football show?'. Like that'll ever happen.

Also, 'The Count' always sounds happier when talking about football, as he's probably more interested in that.

And another thing (last one!) is when they squash the picture up to either show the football results and/or to reassure the poor souls that really, yes really Corrie will be on next.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 22:47 (Ref:1010208)   #23
Fireblade
Racer

Fireblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is Ted Kravitz name on his passport?

Is it true that Ted Kravitz' real name is Edward Shotover?

Well, I suppose I would change it if that was the case.
Old 20 Jun 2004, 22:49 (Ref:1010210)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
merged, One ITV thread at a time
Old 20 Jun 2004, 22:52 (Ref:1010212)   #25
Utopian
Rookie

Utopian should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I now have to wait up til midnight to watch them the day before i start my new job!!!
Me too- my new job starts tomorrow!