Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 27 Jul 2004, 19:26 (Ref:1049118)   #1
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
TVR gets a new owner

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/3931155.stm
Just a little busy at the moment-no comment
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 27 Jul 2004, 20:07 (Ref:1049146)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So are they going to be called - TVRski now, I see that the new owner is going to be "hands on" so when are we going to see him out in the TVR Tuscans Challange...........
Old 27 Jul 2004, 22:26 (Ref:1049286)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've seen that suggested elsewhere rd

So another one has gone. I find it a shame that there were once so many British independent car manufacturers and now there are so few.

On whether it is good for TVR? It is too difficult to say. As long as they stay clear of MPVs, diesels, mondeos, I'll be happy. In fact do what they are doing now (i.e. being TVR), but on a more stable financial footing.
Old 27 Jul 2004, 23:40 (Ref:1049327)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Man this really is bad news, TVR was one of our biggest car manufacturers we had left. After MG, TVR surley must have been the biggest car manufacturer we have, sorry had! What really do we have left now? Radical, Westfield, Triumph, MG, Morgan. None of which are of any real signifcance in terms of size, with the possible exception of MG. Days like this really depress me.
Old 27 Jul 2004, 23:58 (Ref:1049343)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if it's given tvr a stable base for the future i don't get what all the whining is about. granted, it being owned by a russian isn't the greatest news for a patriotic briton, but in the end if it's going to help the company survive when investment wasn't forthcoming from elsewhere then it's good.

i'm not sure the company needs to expand though. tvr is the sort of brand that thrives on exclusivity if you ask me...
Old 28 Jul 2004, 06:24 (Ref:1049475)   #6
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to now what the real reason was behind the sale. I remember an interview Peter Wheeler did shortly after the sale of Rover to BMW, where he was asked if he would ever sell to a foreign investor/company. His reply was that his dead body would have to be available! Whether it's good or bad, well time will tell. I'm not sure about thriving on exclusivity - cars like the Tamora seem to suggest that they're trying to broaden their appeal. As long as they stick to their tried and tested cars and don't start messing around with diesels or "family cars" I'm happy to see them still around and upsetting Porsche owners! And the new ownewr definitely needs to get out in the Tuscan championship if he wants to be "hands on". No point selling the cars if you don't know what they're like.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 01:57 (Ref:1051493)   #7
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I very much doubt they'll start doing family Mondeos - but ask an Italian in the 50s and I'm sure he'd have been horrified to hear that Ferrari would be making 4-seater tourers, or some other such nonsense.

TVR have the cachet of an exclusive sports car maker - that's the sort of thing money can't buy...I guess this russian dude merely wants to build on that and make himself some money.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 09:47 (Ref:1051779)   #8
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who wants a Mondeo with the reliability of a TVRski? Oh, wait, people buy Alfas don't they!