Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 24 Dec 2000, 19:33 (Ref:54104)   #1
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
AUTOSPORT.COM HAVE REPORTED THAT NIGEL MANSELL IS IN LINE FOR A COMMENTARY JOB WITH ITV. I SUPPOSE THAT ALMOST SCUPPERS ANY CHANCE OF HIM DRIVING IN THE BTCC
Old 24 Dec 2000, 21:32 (Ref:54127)   #2
Bring Back The Cavaliers
Racer

Bring Back The Cavaliers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you in anyway related to Dom Jolly from Trigger Happy TV?
Old 24 Dec 2000, 22:24 (Ref:54132)   #3
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Don't see much of a downside there.

Good job I'm not a regular F1 viewer. It's been boring enough resently and that's without having to listern to Mansell drone on. God only knows how bad it will be WITH him, but that's another topic for another forum.
Old 25 Dec 2000, 12:47 (Ref:54182)   #4
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No I am not related to him.
Old 25 Dec 2000, 22:53 (Ref:54233)   #5
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As far as I am concerned, Mansell was always far more exciting behind the wheel, than behind the Microphone!
Old 27 Dec 2000, 00:06 (Ref:54348)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Indeed, Rik, agree totally. I am happy to admit ot being a huge Mansell fan in 'the old day's - at least I was until he would open his mouth. He may have won the title in 1992, but the way he whinged and sulked, he lost me as a fan.

His drive in that famous race at Donington in 1998 was still a great drive - and it's a shame that we won't be seeing that in 2001, but the rest of it ? The whinging ? The accusations and arguments ? nah... you can keep that, thank you very much

If you want another star draw for BTCC2001, look no further than John Cleland - he's been missed badly in the past year - if Steve Soper can make a comeback, i'm sure Cleland can And, I have a feeling there's a little unfinished business between them there...
Old 27 Dec 2000, 14:27 (Ref:54425)   #7
matrix
Rookie

matrix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

On the one hand I hope the first is not true (no more F1 for me on a sunday) but then again if it stops him racing GREAT

Quote:
Originally posted by touringlegend
AUTOSPORT.COM HAVE REPORTED THAT NIGEL MANSELL IS IN LINE FOR A COMMENTARY JOB WITH ITV. I SUPPOSE THAT ALMOST SCUPPERS ANY CHANCE OF HIM DRIVING IN THE BTCC
Old 27 Dec 2000, 21:00 (Ref:54459)   #8
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Yeah, I totally agree with you there Craig. Cleland was and still will be a great driver, it's just ashame that he quit because he was in a car that wasn't really up to standards. Remember at Thruxton in 1999 he said that one of his main reasons for quiting was that Privateers were knocking him off all the time. Cleland probably would have won the championship had he be sitting in a Nissan.
Old 27 Dec 2000, 21:09 (Ref:54462)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
He never had the time away from the car to fully recover from the huge shunt he had at Snetterton in 98. Then he never got on with Derek Warwick at Triple Eight - see the comments in the interview which Invader did with him - it's on this site somewhere. Finally, Yvan Muller was obviously cast as team leader in the team - as he was in 2000.

All that added up and went against him. He's now had a year off and he's out of the Vauxhall pressure cooker. Stick him in a works car in 2001 - Rover ? - and see what he CAN do...
Old 29 Dec 2000, 20:53 (Ref:54751)   #10
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Obviously the relationship between JC and Del Boy soured somewhat towards the end there, but they were a helluva duo in 1997. The 'Good Ole Boys' they were indeed...

Yeah, blame it all on Muller - he's F#e#c#, after all, isn't he?

As for the topic's line, F1 is boring enough as it stands; imagine Moansell in the commentary box. You would need Clive James to light Nigel's pants on fire for him to even stop his drone. God, please don't let Murray retire!!