Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: should bright leave pwr for his own team
yes bright should leave pwr for his own team 8 32.00%
no bright should leave pwr for his own team 6 24.00%
Polls are an example of meaningless busywork 11 44.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 Aug 2004, 08:02 (Ref:1065766)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jason Bright Racing.... a more than possibility....

Noise from various sources at Oran Park have revealed that Jason Bright is 90% across the line towards securing the deal of a lifetime.... his own team....

It seems that the good people at Holden are assisting Mr Bright in these endeavours, having apparently made assurances in supplying HMS Auroras for 2005 & beyond.

There isnt much point having a supply of racing engines without a car to put them in. This also seems fixed, with PMM asked to provide details of pricing/availability of one of the new chassis under construction in the workshop.

So we now have a car and an engine sorted... how shall we pay for it all....

... there is lots of noise around this also, but current thinking has a combination of Skilled Engineering, Sony Wega, Braun/Gillette and an unnamed oil company joining the fold.

Franchises, as they are for every potential new entrant, is an issue. But from all accounts this too is sorted. It seems that the nice people at Romano Racing have sold/leased their L2 franchise to parties associated with this potential new arrangement.

All the elements seem to be in place, all that is required is the crew...

... in continuing the tradition of the PWR exercise in 2003/4, it is more that possible that HMS shall also provide technical input and capital assets for use by this new JBR team.

It all looks like a great fit, the driver moves to somewhere he can control his own destiny, has his name over the door, no teammates to worry about, no mindgames....

If it all pans out as I described of course
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 14 Aug 2004, 08:16 (Ref:1065772)   #2
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR, the only problem would be :Jason would be a one car team, unless he shares data with PWR.
Old 14 Aug 2004, 08:18 (Ref:1065778)   #3
tiko
Racer

tiko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting and certaintly a possibility. But I believe there are few things holding JB back from doing all of this.
Old 14 Aug 2004, 08:22 (Ref:1065780)   #4
Vee8
Racer

Vee8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting theory ... your aptitude for supposition, assumptions and educated guesses never fails to amaze
Old 14 Aug 2004, 09:05 (Ref:1065805)   #5
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe he is running out of the PMM workshop. I heard a while ago that Sony was looking at more space on a Bright car.
Old 14 Aug 2004, 09:20 (Ref:1065819)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by pete55
Maybe he is running out of the PMM workshop. I heard a while ago that Sony was looking at more space on a Bright car.
PMM is in the business of building as many cars the customers want, while racing only a single car in the main series for the proprietor. I doubt that will ever change....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 14 Aug 2004, 09:39 (Ref:1065836)   #7
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What a scoop!. Although, correct me if I'm wrong, didn't a few of us say a few weeks ago, just after Winton to be precise, that this was happening!

Motorsport News also revealed it around the same time, as well as the Murphy to PWR/ Tander to Kmart moves, which I also heard from other sources.

He'd already informed PWR he was off well prior to Winton.

Funding is more or less as GT-R has mentioned above.
Old 14 Aug 2004, 09:45 (Ref:1065842)   #8
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm pretty sure that the person wearing Number 1 on the door will get alot of sponsorship....
Old 14 Aug 2004, 09:46 (Ref:1065843)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I dont claim it as a scoop, just a better put together jigsaw puzzle....

The devil is always in the detail.....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 14 Aug 2004, 12:09 (Ref:1065969)   #10
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Isn't there a rule that says that no manufacturer can have a shareholding in a team?
Wouldn't owning capital assets contravine this rule as assets to run a race team - eg. hoists, transporters, tools, etc - as the race team would be non-functional without them?
Old 14 Aug 2004, 12:41 (Ref:1065982)   #11
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone want to play guess the major oil company involved?

Could Valvoline be jumping from the Tander-less GRM ship? Bright had sponsorship from the big V in his SBR days, so I assume he is not a complete stranger to the Valvoline execs.

Shell only sponsor the one team at the moment, will they branch out with their support?

Or will one come out of left field, like AGIP or Penrite or Fuchs or...............?
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 14 Aug 2004, 12:46 (Ref:1065987)   #12
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pennzoil is another possibility.
Old 14 Aug 2004, 13:07 (Ref:1066014)   #13
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
Mmmmmmmmmmmm, that would sure stand out! The two Penzoil sponsored Aussie Racing Cars are fairly nice looking pieces of kit (1 AU, 1 VY).

Why may I ask does Bright want to leave PWR anyway? They probably prepare the most consistantly quick Commodores out there, so why change? Weel Jnr doesn't seem to be getting any special treatment, so what is Bright's problem? (this is not an attack on him by the way, it is a genuine question!)
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 14 Aug 2004, 22:11 (Ref:1066506)   #14
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Jason Bright Racing.... a more than possibility....

Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
... there is lots of noise around this also, but current thinking has a combination of Skilled Engineering, Sony Wega, Braun/Gillette and an unnamed oil company joining the fold.
You could be way off, but it certainly all adds up. Like pete55 says, Pennzoil is an oil company possibility. There is a close connection between the two men who control the advertising dollars at Skilled and Pennzoil. I also remember attending a media day a few years back and watching JB hot-lapping in a Skilled/Pennzoil sponsored car. It was Skip Jackson's Sprintcar, but I recall Jason chatting with both those two men I mentioned earlier. The acorn might have been planted back then.
Old 14 Aug 2004, 22:19 (Ref:1066514)   #15
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Arrrgh, if I remember rightly, someone said Jason was doing the old roadracing habit of
aiming for the apex's in Jackson's Sprinter, something you do not have to do in a dirt car to make them go fast.
Old 14 Aug 2004, 22:48 (Ref:1066532)   #16
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a bit hard to say. It was mid-week and the track hadn't been prepared. Off-topic, I've seen numerous road racers in Sprintcars. IMHO, the one who adapted best was Greg Murphy. It takes a while to work up to throwing a 590kg, 750hp car sideways into a corner with your foot right in it, but it didn't take Greg long. Greg (and Steve Richards) both raced at Parramatta one night. They attacked Sprintcar racing completely differently.

Back on topic..
Old 15 Aug 2004, 09:25 (Ref:1066873)   #17
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
skiled and penzoil go good together so hope driver and crew can get a car to string victorysas what pwr have done for bright cause he is my favourite driver

GO BRIGHTY..........................
Old 15 Aug 2004, 09:47 (Ref:1066885)   #18
craig888
Rookie

craig888 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Notso Racing Team has a ring to it.
Old 15 Aug 2004, 23:06 (Ref:1067574)   #19
bright50
Rookie

bright50 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Jason Bright Racing.... a more than possibility....

Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Noise from various sources at Oran Park have revealed that Jason Bright is 90% across the line towards securing the deal of a lifetime.... his own team....

It seems that the good people at Holden are assisting Mr Bright in these endeavours, having apparently made assurances in supplying HMS Auroras for 2005 & beyond.

There isnt much point having a supply of racing engines without a car to put them in. This also seems fixed, with PMM asked to provide details of pricing/availability of one of the new chassis under construction in the workshop.

So we now have a car and an engine sorted... how shall we pay for it all....

Franchises, as they are for every potential new entrant, is an issue. But from all accounts this too is sorted. It seems that the nice people at Romano Racing have sold/leased their L2 franchise to parties associated with this potential new arrangement.

All the elements seem to be in place, all that is required is the crew...

... in continuing the tradition of the PWR exercise in 2003/4, it is more that possible that HMS shall also provide technical input and capital assets for use by this new JBR team.

It all looks like a great fit, the driver moves to somewhere he can control his own destiny, has his name over the door, no teammates to worry about, no mindgames....

If it all pans out as I described of course
Nothing like a bit of speculation GTRmagic!!! Nothing is set in stone at this point. Parts of this may turn out true but is less than 50% correct. I can't elaborate any more as I have been sworn to secrecy....
Old 16 Aug 2004, 00:10 (Ref:1067635)   #20
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pennzoil is very possible, although I think Gillette are about to move on.

Then their was the major retailer attached to this when it nearly happened last year......
Old 16 Aug 2004, 02:59 (Ref:1067709)   #21
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
skilled and penzoil go very well together on a ford, because thats where jason will be next year.
Old 16 Aug 2004, 03:17 (Ref:1067716)   #22
bartman71
Veteran

bartman71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by 00 XR8
Anyone want to play guess the major oil company involved?

Could Valvoline be jumping from the Tander-less GRM ship? Bright had sponsorship from the big V in his SBR days, so I assume he is not a complete stranger to the Valvoline execs.

do you think that Rodgers would pull the valvoline sponsership from his own team?
after all he pretty much controls valvoline in Ausralia.
i had some sponsership from valvoline when i raced minisprints but only product as the state manager said everything else had to go pat Rodgers himself
Old 16 Aug 2004, 03:34 (Ref:1067723)   #23
jimmycourier
Racer

jimmycourier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by peckstar
skilled and penzoil go very well together on a ford, because thats where jason will be next year.

Is there any substance in this peckstar or is it just a guess...
Old 16 Aug 2004, 04:03 (Ref:1067731)   #24
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why would Bright go to a Ford, he's doing quite well for himself at Holden ???
Old 16 Aug 2004, 07:15 (Ref:1067807)   #25
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by bartman71
do you think that Rodgers would pull the valvoline sponsership from his own team?
after all he pretty much controls valvoline in Ausralia.
i had some sponsership from valvoline when i raced minisprints but only product as the state manager said everything else had to go pat Rodgers himself
No I don't think that Rogers would pull the Valvoline sponsorship from his own team but I find it hard to believe he is the ONLY one who has a say in what Valvoline do with their money. We have already seen Repco take over as major sponsor on the GRM cars, so maybe Valvoline would prefer to have a few smaller team partnerships than one big one?

But hey, I am obviously only guessing so we shall see what happens..........