Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 11 Sep 2004, 05:16 (Ref:1092569)   #1
X-ecutioner
Rookie

X-ecutioner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kawasaki.....what's wrong?

They have two of the world's fastest bikes to their credit, The ZX-12R and the ZX-10R Ninjas to be specific, as the recent tests by auto magazines would suggest. Still they have difficulty creating a good enough machine to compete in MotoGP and SBK? I mean they have the resources, the funding and full factory backing....yet they are incapable of churning out a good enough rocket. It confuses me....i mean what's stopping them?

Would you like to see Rossi going to Kawasaki next season?

Anyway other teams which are failing to impress in Motogp are Ducati and Suzuki. I had big expectations from Ducati, even though it's only their second season. The team which dominated SBK is struggling in MotoGp.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 11:00 (Ref:1092769)   #2
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It takes time to learn the intricacies of MotoGP - these bikes are thoroughbreads with little relation to road machines. They've made huge progress this year, and it's only really been poor starts that've stopped them challenging for regular Top 10 results.

Ducati got this year's bike wrong, plain and simple. It's got amazing top-end speed and acceleration, but is clearly a nightmare to ride, although they're making progress, and I'm sure 2005 will be better.

Ultiamtely, Honda have 6 bikes out there, ran by 3 long-established teams, with superb riders all round. Yamaha have the greatest rider and teh greatest engineer. Once you consider those, there are only (at the most) 3 top 10 places available for the mere mortals.
Old 15 Sep 2004, 21:32 (Ref:1097679)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you look at it the ZX10 is a very good bike. Winning races in BSB against factory Suzuki's and Honda's with very little development.
In the US, no-one is doing a factory bike, Josh Hayes has got some good results, and in WSB the Bertocchi bikes are being ridden by a pair of no hopers.
Should be better next year with PSG-1 running an official factoryish bike
Old 15 Sep 2004, 22:41 (Ref:1097726)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I simply put it down to team resources - Honda, and to an extent Yamaha, are massive factories with massive amounts of funding and dollars to spend compared to the smaller companies such as Suzuki and Kawasaki. Hell, even Ducati are puny compared to the might of the Japanese companies, but they get on by on pure engineering excellence (well, the 2004 bike aside!)

Ducati are suffering second season syndrome.

Kawasaki should do better in WSBK next year at least.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 12:05 (Ref:1098168)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Kawasaki are on the way in MotoGP, especially as the Bridgestone tyres are improving and they have a good rider lineup. Maybe supplying a second team such as WCM is an option for next year?

I'm not sure the PSG WSBK effort should be fully works at this stage - the Japanese teams were treated badly by Flammini in the past, the bike isn't proven on Pirellis, and Chili is surely on his last legs (I know people said that 5 year ago). A semi-works entry for Chili and AN Other (Smart? Martin? McCoy?), with the posisbility of more backing for 2006, is a better approach.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 12:48 (Ref:1098210)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chili said he would leave if PSG took on Kawasaki's.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 13:23 (Ref:1098251)   #7
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kawasaki just aren't willing to tip in the big bucks like others to be competitive. The same goes pretty much for Suzuki.

Chili is after a ride on a Honda next year. It looks as though Steve Martin may ride a PSG-1 Kawasaki next year.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 15:02 (Ref:1098332)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
Unwilling or unable? You can't realistically hope to beat a company as big as Honda consistantly. Success in WSBK is feasible, especially looking at Hawk's success in BSB (maybe they should apply for semi-works WSBK status?), but if Honda make a works entry with the Fireblade, they and Ducati would probably dominate.
Old 19 Sep 2004, 13:27 (Ref:1101001)   #9
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
Well, after Motegi, I think it's safe to say Kawasaki are on the up. They had a bit of fortune thanks to that first-corner pile-up, but Nakano still had to work hard for that podium, and still had to beat Melandri, Barros, Gibernau and Bayliss.
Old 19 Sep 2004, 14:00 (Ref:1101047)   #10
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think Bridgestone helped.
Old 19 Sep 2004, 16:24 (Ref:1101144)   #11
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
a lot . but still it's a podium

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Sep 2004, 20:50 (Ref:1101387)   #12
Winther
Racer

Winther should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was awesome to see him spinning that thing so much, and it still kept being useful....
All that smoke...wow.
Anyways...great to see Shinya on the podium again.
Old 20 Sep 2004, 07:21 (Ref:1101647)   #13
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
congratulations to kawasaki , a fantastic effort even though tires and crashes helped , the main thing is they made it to the podium , I certainly hope there is more to come