Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Sep 2004, 13:43 (Ref:1097282)   #1
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2005 - Drives Available

So - these are the apparently confirmed seats so far:

FERRARI - M Schumacher, R Barrichello

McLAREN - K Raikkonen, JP Montoya

WILLIAMS - J Button, M Webber

RENAULT - G Fisichella, F Alonso

SAUBER - J Villeneuve, F Massa

BAR - T Sato

JAGUAR -

TOYOTA - J Trulli, R Schumacher

JORDAN -

MINARDI -

So, who are we going to see in that 1 BAR, 2 Jaguars, 2 Jordans and 2 Minardis?
Old 15 Sep 2004, 13:46 (Ref:1097287)   #2
sonic
Veteran

sonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ha ha! you beat me to it I was just about to start this one.

Yeah - only one golden ticket left! will the other 3 even be around next season?!
Old 15 Sep 2004, 13:46 (Ref:1097288)   #3
sonic
Veteran

sorry - to clarify I meant the other 3 teams. I guess Jag will be, but in Ford guise.
Old 15 Sep 2004, 13:48 (Ref:1097292)   #4
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Davidson, Coulthard should be the leading candidates for the BAR seat.
Old 15 Sep 2004, 13:54 (Ref:1097298)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Apparently Minardi would like to run Tiago Monteiro if he can get the sponsorship together, and it may be Franck Montagny in the other car.
Old 15 Sep 2004, 14:10 (Ref:1097308)   #6
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the Champ Car forum there is a thread stating that Bourdais is to test for Jaguar/Ford soon as he's being eyed for a 2005 drive - that would be superb stuff. Maybe parter him alongside DC
Old 15 Sep 2004, 14:10 (Ref:1097309)   #7
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I really hope Davidson gets the second BAR seat, but competition from DC is close. I really think he deserves a crack at it though.

Which way do they go? Experience and proven point scoring from DC, or raw speed but unknown in race condition from Davidson?

That is of course pending the Contracts Recognition Board's findings on Button's BAR contract. If they rule in BAR's favour they'll be a few spanners flying about. Mind you, if the last 48 hours are anything to go by anything is possible!

Last edited by Spudgun; 15 Sep 2004 at 14:11.
Old 15 Sep 2004, 14:11 (Ref:1097310)   #8
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heidfeld will probably stay with Jordan I'd guess...
Old 15 Sep 2004, 14:13 (Ref:1097315)   #9
Kicking-back
Veteran

I suspect Coulthard and Davidson will be at either BAR or Jaguar/Ford - whichever one gets the BAR seat the other will go to Jag.
Old 15 Sep 2004, 14:22 (Ref:1097326)   #10
sonic
Veteran

agree - jag/Ford have said they're waiting till the JB saga is over since they really need to BAR to commit before knowing who is actually available.

The likely options fopr me

BAR: Sato + Ant or DC (or will Mika re-enter the frame now hes heard Jaques has made a formal return?!)

Jag/Ford: Ant or DC + heavily sponsored driver. However I can imagine if Jackie Steward manages to bring Royal Bank of Scotland to F1 he may like a Scot to be behind the wheel of the team who gets it. At the same time Purnell and Stewart seem quite fond of Ant. If Ford do get some decent backing Wirdheim may be a good bet too.
Old 15 Sep 2004, 14:24 (Ref:1097328)   #11
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think if the CRB doesn't see the Button/Williams contract as valid and he stays at BAR, Williams will reel in Coultard. Now that JV has officially signed w/ Sauber he's out of the running....who's left?

A Webber/Coultard combo in a Williams could be very powerful and fairly safe if all the Webber naysayers are correct.

Jaguar has nothing to loose so I wouldn't be surprised to see Bourdais and Davidson there either.

Still a lot that could happen.
Old 15 Sep 2004, 14:41 (Ref:1097339)   #12
sonic
Veteran

interesting - what's the link between Jag and Bourdais?
Old 15 Sep 2004, 15:14 (Ref:1097368)   #13
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With JV going... id say DC chances at BAR have been raised a notch!
Old 15 Sep 2004, 15:20 (Ref:1097373)   #14
D_Marshall
Racer

Sudan
North West, England
D_Marshall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel sorry for Gary Paffet. No chance at Sauber now, pretty sure BAR will not want him so only really Jaguar or Jordan left because i doubt he would go to Minardi. Jaguar should put him alongside Coulthard and if he does well against him then it can only do him good as Coulthard is so experienced.

BAR should go for Davidson but only problem with that is would you want to put someone inexperienced with Sato!
Old 15 Sep 2004, 15:30 (Ref:1097388)   #15
RedNine Racing
Racer

Australia
Adelaide,Australia
RedNine Racing has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Davidson would be a no-brainer for Bar,Silly not to give it too him.

Coulthard probably at Jaguar with Klien.

Glock would be in for Jordan i would think and Heidfeld may have no choice but to stay on another year!

Minardi,well, whoever has got some money.Maybe even another Aussie,in Will Power!

ROCK ON COURTNEY,FORD and SBR
ROCK ON FERRARI! n thanks 4 the memories Ruby,Schumi and bugga off Felipe
2007 F1 Champion Kimi Raikkonen
2007 MLB Champions Boston RedSox
Old 15 Sep 2004, 15:38 (Ref:1097393)   #16
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The only people who have a truly accurate impression of hwo well Davidson has driven on Fridays this year are BAR themselves, so I'm sure they're better-placed to make the decision than any of us. I still think they'd be mad to overlook everything else DC can bring, but there you go.

Whichever of DC and Ant doens't get the BAR drive (assuming Button goes to Williams) is likely to get a chance at Jaguar. Wirdheim, Heidfeld and a pay-driver are the other main candidates.

Heidfeld and Glock and Jordan, and perhaps Montagny and Briscoe at Toyota, are my predictions elsewhere, but it really could be anyone with money.
Old 15 Sep 2004, 15:38 (Ref:1097394)   #17
T0MAT01
Veteran

England
Focknowles Weir
T0MAT01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think BMW would like Heidfeld should Jenson's contract with Williams not turn out peachy.

Be a shame if Ant isn't racing next year, but there seems to be too many drivers and not enough competitive teams!
Old 15 Sep 2004, 15:57 (Ref:1097411)   #18
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by sonic
interesting - what's the link between Jag and Bourdais?
He's testing for them in the near future.
Old 15 Sep 2004, 17:00 (Ref:1097459)   #19
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
He's testing for them in the near future.
That and the Champ Car is Ford powered.
Old 15 Sep 2004, 23:18 (Ref:1097755)   #20
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Briscoe to a Toyota-powered Jordan (or will that be Arden?) has been a pretty persistent rumour. Montagny to Minardi makes some sense, and Baumgartner has been linked both with Minardi and a return to Jordan.
Old 15 Sep 2004, 23:18 (Ref:1097756)   #21
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Oh, and Liuzzi was suggested as a Red Bull replacement for Klien at Jaguar (or whatever emerges as the Ford team next year).
Old 15 Sep 2004, 23:37 (Ref:1097769)   #22
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget about Scott Dixon. He tested well with Williams this year, and I'm sure that somebody in F1 noticed. And he's driving so badly in the IRL this year, that I can't help but think that he's already got an F1 contract lined up!

Also, Townsend Bell had a good test with Jaguar this year, and is Red Bull sponsored, so maybe there's a shot for him.

Anyone see Justin Wilson coming back? I'd love to see him get a second shot.

Danica Patrick
Old 16 Sep 2004, 01:42 (Ref:1097806)   #23
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hangon-what happened to Fissi??
I must have completely missed that one

Is it definite -officially confirmed- that he will be back at renault?Or at least reasonably serious?

Anyway-to the spare seats.
Damn-once again BAR looks like missing the boat on any available good drivers!Now JV has come and gone (they might not have liked each other but would have done a solid job together) they are left with an apparent choice between a paossible young hotshot (luckily they know exactly how fast he really is from the telemetry,etc) OR a reliable but proven mediocre driver in DC!

Which way do they go?? Risk time and effort on a learner,possibly pinch another fastish driver such as Heidfeld,or accept slow old DC untill someone else becomes available?
Old 16 Sep 2004, 02:52 (Ref:1097830)   #24
Rotaxian
Rookie

Rotaxian should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisi already signed with Renault.
Where've you been in the past 6 weeks RWC :P
Old 16 Sep 2004, 07:51 (Ref:1097916)   #25
CleanTone
Racer

Romania
Colentina
CleanTone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid