Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 16 Sep 2004, 00:09 (Ref:1097776)   #1
acf8181
Racer

acf8181 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
kuhmo BMW's

does anyone have any info on this series?

mainly what teams run cars, and what kind of budget it is?
Old 16 Sep 2004, 07:25 (Ref:1097900)   #2
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's run by the BMW Car Club, so their website might have the details...

From looking at the paddock there is the complete range of entrants from big teams (Life Motorsport and Moseley Motorsport, from the top of the old head) to people who trailer their cars in and spanner themselves.

A good mixture of cars too, from 2002 turbos to brand new E46 M3s.

Come to think of it, I've not seen any of their races this year, so this info might no longer be true.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 11:14 (Ref:1098123)   #3
Snapperjack
Racer

Snapperjack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try here for the 2004 regs etc

http://www.barc.net/ch04202.htm
Old 16 Sep 2004, 21:31 (Ref:1098767)   #4
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Send a PM to johnw who's a co-ordinator for the series, and a thoroughly nice guy too.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 21:40 (Ref:1098774)   #5
acf8181
Racer

will do, cheers
Old 17 Sep 2004, 01:07 (Ref:1098863)   #6
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you Mr Wooley, I'm most flattered!
In touch with acf8181

Need to correct a couple of things. I am a class representative and committee member, not the co-ordinator.
The KUMHO BMW Championship is run by the BARC on behalf of the BMWRDC (www.bmwrdc.com)

Sadly, we have no 2002's this year Guy, but we'd love to see them back. 3's and 5's and M versions thereof compete with a lone 850 V12.

Last round is at Thruxton on the 10th October. Come and see us>
Old 17 Sep 2004, 18:03 (Ref:1099591)   #7
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by johnw
I am a class representative and committee member, not the co-ordinator.
I'm happy with nice, but I never accused you of having class!

Couldn't think of another word for organiser type person. Anyway, you going to transfer to F1 with the Kumho tyres?
Old 17 Sep 2004, 19:02 (Ref:1099635)   #8
Wilbo
Racer

Wilbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have watched a few rounds this year and and looks a good series from where I've been standing! The cars are very quick and are good fun to watch with good close competitve racing. Go on join in the fun!
Old 18 Sep 2004, 00:21 (Ref:1099855)   #9
johnw
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Woolley
I'm happy with nice, but I never accused you of having class!
LOL!!!
I did rather hope that KUMHO would restrict the news of my departure to F1 until I had the chance to get a manager, personal trainer, helicopter, yacht and one of those drink bottles with a plastic straw. But now it's hit the streets, I'll have a cup of horlicks and worry about the rest tomorrow.

Thanks for the support Wilbo. Come and say hello the next time.
Old 19 Sep 2004, 17:19 (Ref:1101195)   #10
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
topwelshman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Kumho BMW is a great championship and if you're considering it give us a shout and I'll be happy to get you some tickets to Thruxton. The costs can be pretty modest as the cars are very strong and very reliable and above all it's great fun
Old 20 Sep 2004, 01:23 (Ref:1101530)   #11
acf8181
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by topwelshman
The Kumho BMW is a great championship and if you're considering it give us a shout and I'll be happy to get you some tickets to Thruxton. The costs can be pretty modest as the cars are very strong and very reliable and above all it's great fun
aha, you be the owner of XL i presume then? i did send you an e-mail a few weeks back re: drives for '05, did you recieve it?
Old 22 Sep 2004, 21:12 (Ref:1104309)   #12
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
topwelshman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andrew,

Just looked through my old mail and Yes I got it, did you not get a reply? I have just sent you an email
Old 22 Sep 2004, 22:43 (Ref:1104404)   #13
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Johnw, you going to let us have the calendar for mext year as soon as it is available. I'd like to make sure we get together again, maybe for a BBQ (hint-hint - last year was excellent at Snett) somewhere different from last year. I need to get some other circuits added to my 'been there' list.
Old 22 Sep 2004, 23:36 (Ref:1104455)   #14
johnw
Veteran

England
Of course Mr Woolley
Our calendar is usually late in getting to us lowly series, but maybe with KUMHO heading for F1, we'll be higher up the pecking order
Let me know which circuits you want to visit and I'll see what can be done.
Old 23 Sep 2004, 10:07 (Ref:1104753)   #15
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Laguna Seca always looks good from a photographers point-and I doubt if you'd need to take wets with you!...otherwise its Croix!!
Old 23 Sep 2004, 10:42 (Ref:1104785)   #16
johnw
Veteran

England
Baz
I fear that some will see this as a thinly veiled attempt to source rather more exotic parts from the gravel traps of the USA