Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Sep 2004, 11:36 (Ref:1109214)   #1
GreenAdam
Rookie

GreenAdam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
richards - villeneuve

Right, I'm afraid we can't leave a copied article on the site without acknowledgement, so I've edited this to simply leave what DR said - which is the basis of the thread after all...

Quote:
BAR boss David Richards said:
When you have been a world champion, people expect you to come back at the same level, but it is difficult to be competitive when you have had a year out of a Formula 1 car.

I cannot see Jacques threatening anybody next season.

I know racing drivers have successfully had comebacks in the past, but these days we need younger drivers.

Youth is the great new thing in Formula 1 and we plan to continue investing in young drivers.

Last edited by garcon; 29 Sep 2004 at 10:14.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 11:41 (Ref:1109223)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

Should we run away now or just wait for Teddy and Kirk to arrive?
Old 28 Sep 2004, 11:47 (Ref:1109229)   #3
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At last, after far too long, Massa is beginning to impress these days. Jacques ain't gonna like it, but I'm afraid that on current form (scant though it is) he may find himself coming second to his team-mate quite often next year.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 12:00 (Ref:1109237)   #4
GreenAdam
Rookie

yes think you are right massa is beginning to impress after
he has finish sauber he will move to a differnt term
Old 28 Sep 2004, 12:03 (Ref:1109242)   #5
GreenAdam
Rookie

villeneuve said he will bet BAR he will not
Old 28 Sep 2004, 12:07 (Ref:1109243)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Haven't you been warned about reprinting articles without crediting them before? Read the forum rules again Adam.

How can youth be the great new thing in F1? What does this sentence actually mean?

I think tems are being very naive in putting all their faith in youngsters. For every Raikkonen there's a Pantano - a driver who, for whatever reason, doesn't get to grips with F1 despite a promising CV - or a Capelli - a driver who does well in a smaller team buts truggles when in a top team.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 12:08 (Ref:1109244)   #7
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My, oh my...
So quick to put someone down after only one race...
It's quite pathetic, really...

Figures...
Old 28 Sep 2004, 12:12 (Ref:1109249)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Stating the Obvious

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenAdam
yes think you are right massa is beginning to impress after
he has finish sauber he will move to a differnt term
Of course Massa could finish with Sauber and go to the same team.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 12:47 (Ref:1109272)   #9
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Do these comments from Richards hint that Anthony Davidson will be replacing the departing Button next year....
Old 28 Sep 2004, 13:28 (Ref:1109333)   #10
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It sounds like it KB! If he goes for DC after that remark he'll be contradicting himself somewhat...
Old 28 Sep 2004, 13:31 (Ref:1109338)   #11
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I'm sure Anthony Davidson enjoyed reading those comments.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 13:33 (Ref:1109339)   #12
T0MAT01
Veteran

England
Focknowles Weir
T0MAT01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah but Ant supposedly had a contract with Jag for next year so DR must have let him go elsewhere (no doubt DR would have had an option on Ant) so to choose Ant for next year would also contradict his actions.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 13:40 (Ref:1109349)   #13
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anthony had spoken to Jaguar, but hadn't signed anything.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 14:20 (Ref:1109400)   #14
GreenAdam
Rookie

He is going to test driver for 2005
Old 28 Sep 2004, 14:23 (Ref:1109404)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
He's going to test drive what in 2005?
Old 28 Sep 2004, 14:28 (Ref:1109409)   #16
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Massa looked good for a couple laps at the start of the chinese GP but then a line of cars including Fisi passed him like he was driving a Jordan. I think Massa has had his shot, is there no one else Sauber can find who will satisfy Ferrari? Will he beat JV? I don't know, I'm reserving an opinion until we see JV's performance at the next race.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 14:41 (Ref:1109428)   #17
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: richards - villeneuve

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenAdam
What do you make of Richards' remarks? Do you agree that Villeneuve is past his best or is it too early to judge whether he is still quick enough? Have your say below. The best answers will be published on the site later in the day.
ROFL! Best answers will be published later in the day? What are you on about? Aren't all answers (whether they are good or not ) published at the moment the poster hits the "submit reply" button?

That was the joking reply. Now for the serious one: Why don't you write your own posts instead of copying from another site?
Old 28 Sep 2004, 14:58 (Ref:1109446)   #18
Alpine Star
Rookie

Alpine Star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David Richards... I believe that he had some arguments in the past with Villeneuve, something about costing too much? I bet his comments are as unbias as a Vegan at McDonalds....
Old 28 Sep 2004, 15:11 (Ref:1109458)   #19
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Snrub
Massa looked good for a couple laps at the start of the chinese GP but then a line of cars including Fisi passed him like he was driving a Jordan. I think Massa has had his shot, is there no one else Sauber can find who will satisfy Ferrari? Will he beat JV? I don't know, I'm reserving an opinion until we see JV's performance at the next race.
Didn't you carry on watching? He finished one place behind his team-mate.

Did Ferrari engineer JV's 2005/6 contract as well?
Old 28 Sep 2004, 15:50 (Ref:1109496)   #20
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If he signs DC he'll need no one to tell him what he is.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 16:04 (Ref:1109503)   #21
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thread temporarily closed while I try to make sense of it...

It'll be re-opened once it's been tidied up a bit...

GreenAdam, you've been asked before not to copy and paste articles. Please post a link to the page you got it from, or if it's not on a free to view site at least acknowledge where you got it. Otherwise we're in breach of copyright laws.

There is scope for a sensible discussion here, but if it descends to bash/counter-bash, it's gone.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 16:15 (Ref:1109509)   #22
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OK, thread re-opened on two conditions.

1. GreenAdam - post us the link to where you got this or it'll have to go for breaking copyright rules.

2. I'll repeat, don't let this descend into bash/counterbash, there's a sensible discussion to be had on Richards' comments here - like is DR in any position to make such comments, is it just a throwback to the BAR debacle, or has he got a point??
Old 28 Sep 2004, 16:22 (Ref:1109519)   #23
Glen
Veteran

It's a point that very many people will never accept, even if it turns out to be a valid one. Personally, I think there is a place for him in F1 - and I think the Sauber job may well be about right. There really is only one driver that can mix it with the best of the youngsters - the fitness level, the science, the aggression and the pressure are the makings of a young man's game. No different to any sport.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 17:23 (Ref:1109586)   #24
mattmarvell
Rookie

mattmarvell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see how Richards can make a valid judgement on JV this early just as I can't see how other people who say his written off on this forum can make such judgements.

just wait and see.

Could also be Richards trying to put JV off the game in trying to beat BAR
Old 28 Sep 2004, 17:48 (Ref:1109607)   #25
T0MAT01
Veteran

England
Focknowles Weir
T0MAT01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
.... is DR in any position to make such comments, is it just a throwback to the BAR debacle, or has he got a point??
If you interpret DR's comments along the lines of Jacques didn't really impress anyone in China then I would agree with him and I think DR would probably admit that it is too soon to judge Jacques' racing ability after his first race back from a year out.

His comments aren't that bad, and who's suprised to hear he prefers younger drivers? they're the easiest ones to tie into a long term contract.