Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Oct 2004, 19:21 (Ref:1117285)   #1
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2005 LMES schedule

Does anyone have an idea of what the schedule shall feature.

I hope Monza, Nurrburgring, Silverstone and Spa are still there, does anyone know if the may or may not be a fifth race?

Dijon would that be a good adition?

Thanks,

Luke.

Old 6 Oct 2004, 19:39 (Ref:1117299)   #2
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nobody knows yet but there are indications that spa could be moved to the spring and a fifth race at either catalunya or estoril is a possibility

Last edited by tblincoe; 6 Oct 2004 at 19:39.
Old 6 Oct 2004, 19:44 (Ref:1117305)   #3
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm under the impression that all 4 races this season have had rain so it may good to go to warm country ans Spa at a warmer time.
Old 6 Oct 2004, 20:28 (Ref:1117334)   #4
nick_andrews
Rookie

nick_andrews should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The silverstone race didnt rain during it
Old 6 Oct 2004, 23:46 (Ref:1117517)   #5
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I think I heard the suggestion that a fifth race could be held on the Le Mans Bugatti track.
Old 7 Oct 2004, 05:39 (Ref:1117669)   #6
marcush.
Racer

Equatorial Guinea
Bad Ems /Germany
marcush. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
funny ...it rained in Italy ,Germany and Belgium but not in the land of rain....
Old 7 Oct 2004, 16:36 (Ref:1118192)   #7
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
>> funny ...it rained in Italy ,Germany and Belgium but not in the land of rain....

Bet you've never been to Spa, then!

Cheers.
Old 8 Oct 2004, 03:43 (Ref:1118547)   #8
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
I think I heard the suggestion that a fifth race could be held on the Le Mans Bugatti track.
I'd like to, but I'm afraid it won't be.

The Le Mans circuit schedules are on line, and nothing shows that a new race is to come.

I think that the LMES staff will secure the "four races" planning in 2005. It's not so bad, BTW, and, considering the ALMS density, the GARRA and the FIA-GT championship, we'll have something to talk about in 2005 !

The only bad news is still the winter cutting : nothing between the end of October and Daytona...
Old 8 Oct 2004, 21:39 (Ref:1119297)   #9
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So you don't think we'll see the 5th race, Fab?

I hope we do see it...

and the hints of a race on the Iberian Peninsula are exciting....they would support a race with the fields that were the size of the 2004 LMES fields....

Bet they would draw more people than Monza did...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 8 Oct 2004, 23:14 (Ref:1119374)   #10
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
one thing i was thinking about today was yeah, catalunya and estoril are first thoughts for a race on the iberian peninsula... but what about Jerez? they have recently upgraded their facilities and i think it would be a nice track to run on, i just know if it would draw enough people though. having lived in Rota, Spain which is right near the track, i know first hand that southern spain is run by bikes. but then again, the previous sportscar races at barcelona and estoril never drew large crowds either...
Old 8 Oct 2004, 23:29 (Ref:1119385)   #11
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Jarama, of course, staged an ELMS round in 2001.

I have no problem with the LM Bugatti round being dropped; I don't much care for the Bugatti circuit (even if it did once host a GP!). If there were to be a fifth round, I'd go for Brno or Most.
Old 9 Oct 2004, 00:08 (Ref:1119407)   #12
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Im sure I saw in AUTOSPORT magazine a few weeks back that Stephane Ratel said he was indeed considering a 5th race for the 2005 season, and I beleive Estoril and Catalunya were mentioned too. I hope this is the case, but the series shoudnt expand too much too soon, it needs to be done the way it is now, 1 race a year added extra, and as the series grows in popularity hopefully the sponsors will come more too.
Old 9 Oct 2004, 04:55 (Ref:1119476)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
So you don't think we'll see the 5th race, Fab?
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Im sure I saw in AUTOSPORT magazine a few weeks back that Stephane Ratel said he was indeed considering a 5th race for the 2005 season
Note that, as Tim, I'd like to. But ACO seems to want to secure the actual 4 dates at once, before considering a fifth one.

Last edited by Fab; 9 Oct 2004 at 04:56.
Old 14 Oct 2004, 22:52 (Ref:1124824)   #14
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Saleen may be correct. I'm hearing rumblings from a few insiders about a fifth race for the LMES in 2005, but not a European round.
Old 15 Oct 2004, 05:31 (Ref:1124930)   #15
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by jhansen
I think Saleen may be correct. I'm hearing rumblings from a few insiders about a fifth race for the LMES in 2005, but not a European round.
Wait wait wait... MY mistake, and Saleen seems right indeed !

Jérôme Mugnier's Virages mentions a five races championship too ! And we could start by Spa, Jarama and Barcelona beeing mentioned as options for the fifth race, or even 1000 km at Le Mans... sorry mates, I don't check my sources enough

Last edited by Fab; 15 Oct 2004 at 05:47.
Old 15 Oct 2004, 11:45 (Ref:1125147)   #16
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody got any clues as to dates???

And the 5th race: Shanghai...
Old 15 Oct 2004, 12:35 (Ref:1125189)   #17
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, the mention of the fifth race on dsc was "Iberian", IIRC.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 15 Oct 2004, 12:39 (Ref:1125193)   #18
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not what I'm hearing...

Iberia ruled out after poor attendance at SRW meeting I believe, even FIA GT's not going there next year and WTCC only going because of SEAT.

If there's a 5th race, top tip is China.
Old 15 Oct 2004, 13:12 (Ref:1125226)   #19
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by RickP:Clio51
Iberia ruled out after poor attendance at SRW meeting I believe, even FIA GT's not going there next year and WTCC only going because of SEAT.If there's a 5th race, top tip is China.
Too far from the teams I'm afraid... it could well be Le Mans, like the 2003 November's race... nothing wrong with it, IMHO
Old 15 Oct 2004, 13:18 (Ref:1125230)   #20
Veteran

England
Zurich
Fab, I'd have thought the same as you. But I didn't pull the name out of a hat...
If it happens I assume the track will be putting up a travel package.
Old 15 Oct 2004, 13:22 (Ref:1125232)   #21
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
If it happens I assume the track will be putting up a travel package.
With the circuit commitment, it will become much more affordable for the teams indeed !

Why not, after all ? And it's a very good way to attract new sponsors...

Do you have solid hints/reliable ? The track was not mentionned by the french sites...

Last edited by Fab; 15 Oct 2004 at 13:35.
Old 15 Oct 2004, 13:28 (Ref:1125238)   #22
Veteran

England
Zurich
I would appear to come from a very very good source...
I hear it's the top candidate, and that I probably shouldn't be putting it into print so lets keep it on here away from the rest of the sites for now. But I also know it's not finalised yet.

If you consider they may be able to attract a big crowd given the lack of major events other than the GP (and bikes?) they can probably put together something attractive... I think the other 4 rounds, the LMES has to pay quite a bit of money to hire the tracks...
Old 15 Oct 2004, 13:33 (Ref:1125242)   #23
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
I would appear to come from a very very good source...
I see !

Quote:
If you consider they may be able to attract a big crowd given the lack of major events other than the GP (and bikes?) they can probably put together something attractive...
Agree !

Quote:
I think the other 4 rounds, the LMES has to pay quite a bit of money to hire the tracks...
Any hints about the 2004 season's balance-sheet for Patrick Peter, SRO and ACO ?
Old 15 Oct 2004, 13:36 (Ref:1125246)   #24
Veteran

England
Zurich
I don't have that much insider info!
Old 15 Oct 2004, 13:47 (Ref:1125252)   #25
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rick, any idea on dates for Shanghai? It would make the most sense to me for it to be in the vicinity of the FIA-GT Japan/China swing.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James