Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 7 Jan 2001, 21:20 (Ref:57162)   #1
champcarfan01
Rookie

champcarfan01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

PLEASE HELP BY SENDING AN E-MAIL TO: http//www.nyc.gov/html/sports/html/home.html PLEASE HELP!! SHOW YOUR INTEREST IN CART AND IN A CART RACE IN NYC! MANY HAVE HELPED BUT WE STILL NEED TO KEEP THOSE E-MAIL'S COMING!!!!! THANKS!!!!!
Old 7 Jan 2001, 23:05 (Ref:57202)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And why is it that we want a Champ Car race in New York City? :confused:
Old 8 Jan 2001, 02:32 (Ref:57269)   #3
champcarfan01
Rookie

champcarfan01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simple: It's a great new market, and what could be better one of the best racing series in the world in one of the best cities in the world!!!!! CART COMES TO WALL STREET, THAT HAS A NICE RING TO IT! PLEASE HELP!
Old 8 Jan 2001, 21:40 (Ref:57449)   #4
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
And why is it that we want a Champ Car race in New York City? :confused:

it seems logistically impossible.
but the media attention a nyc race would generate would be a big deal for cart.

Old 10 Jan 2001, 00:17 (Ref:57737)   #5
TRD
Rookie

TRD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would really love to see that happen! It would be real cool to see champ cars racing downtown but have you ever seen the condition of the streets? They'd also have to close many downtown streets for at least 3 days and I don't think NYer's would be pleased with that. How about grandstand placement and track access? It's a great idea but it's a longshot, you still have my support though!
Old 16 Jan 2001, 18:36 (Ref:58855)   #6
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The idea for an NYC race was originally floated in the early '90's. The course I saw published was fairly short and not particularly challenging.

As far as interfering with New Yorkers'lives, the area arond the World Trade Center between Varick and West Streets and Below Chambers is pretty deserted on weekends. New Yorkers are so oblivious of the rest of the World that 10 blocks North in Tribeca, no one will even know the race is happening.
Old 17 Jan 2001, 03:09 (Ref:58951)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I used to go back and forth to New York City to work on a regular basis and personally I don't care much for it. The last time I was there, I turned on the 11:00 news and they were finding dismembered body parts across the street from my hotel (which was quite near Wall Street).

And New York City ain't cheap.

I can't see the point of another expensive, dangerous race venue when we already have Sao Paolo.