Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Nov 2004, 06:47 (Ref:1145308)   #1
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Davison steps in for final two rounds....

click here

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 5 Nov 2004, 06:50 (Ref:1145310)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
so is that the end of Longhurst or is he planning to race next year ?

Last edited by marcus; 5 Nov 2004 at 06:51.
Old 5 Nov 2004, 11:00 (Ref:1145440)   #3
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say Tony would now be enduro only. Nice to settle the new boy in before giving him better equipment.
Old 6 Nov 2004, 02:23 (Ref:1145911)   #4
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It makes perfect sense to get Davidson in to the car now to prepare him for next year, hopefully he settles in quickly & gets some god results.
Old 7 Nov 2004, 03:56 (Ref:1146489)   #5
scr
Rookie

Australia
Australia
scr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we will see Alex Davison be alot more competitive than what Tony has been this year.
Old 8 Nov 2004, 10:16 (Ref:1147313)   #6
105octane
Veteran

105octane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That wouldnt be to hard would it scr.
Old 8 Nov 2004, 10:54 (Ref:1147351)   #7
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But the #7 mobile is quite the old nail compared to most other cars out there now, including the other 3 cars in the Perkins stable............
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 8 Nov 2004, 11:16 (Ref:1147364)   #8
Sol
Racer

Sol should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This car has been run on a shoestring budget since the start of the year.

No testing, no development, minimum people at the track to support it, etc.

The fact that Longhurst has been so competitive is testament to his enduring talent behind the wheel. Before Bathurst he was in the top 20 of the championship and ahead of many more fancied drivers and teams.

I think that after the Bathurst crash by Dumbrell and with no drive for 2005 in the offing, there is maybe no point and better to let Davison get some miles in the sprints.
Old 14 Nov 2004, 01:38 (Ref:1152829)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Sol
This car has been run on a shoestring budget since the start of the year.

No testing, no development, minimum people at the track to support it, etc.

The fact that Longhurst has been so competitive is testament to his enduring talent behind the wheel. Before Bathurst he was in the top 20 of the championship and ahead of many more fancied drivers and teams.

I think that after the Bathurst crash by Dumbrell and with no drive for 2005 in the offing, there is maybe no point and better to let Davison get some miles in the sprints.
If you thought about it, the crash at the AGP meeting in the VY was pretty major, and set the scene for the year really... again with very little testing beforehand...

After TEGA decided to group all 4 cars for testing purposes, Mr Longhurst was consigned to the old VX for the rest of the year, and shared transporter and preparation facilities with PLR, way up the other end of pitlane from the main Castrol cars...

They did this to a guy who had always had a lot of speed, I always remember the BMW M3s and Ford Sierras which seemed to be quicker than their specification may suggest, or indeed better than their contemporaries in the same car.

Has No Baloney Tony lost his ability?

I dont think so really, I mean he stepped into Mr Dumbrell's car at Sandown Bathurst with no testing in a VY, and wasnt too far off... yes he handed the car back a lap down at Bathurst, which may have caused Mr Dumbrell to overdrive and bingle the thing when trying to catch up....
Old 14 Nov 2004, 05:47 (Ref:1152932)   #10
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Timu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Davo didn't go too badly, and on the same token neither did Owen Kelly.

With a sharper tool both Longhurst and Davison would be more off a threat. TL has grafted results this year without being overly quick.
Old 14 Nov 2004, 05:49 (Ref:1152933)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah but that has been his way the last few years.. arguably he coined the "accumulator" tag while at Briggs long before Mr Richards made it popular...
Old 15 Nov 2004, 00:37 (Ref:1153578)   #12
Sol
Racer

GTR, the prang was at Adelaide, and yes, an unfortunate start to the year.

Dumbrell was given the VY from then on as he finished 7th in Adelaide.

If the only miles you get are at race meetings can you be expected to be 'razor sharp' in such a competitive series????

Then, if you have old equipment, minimal budget, can you be expected to be as motivated as the teams lead driver???
Old 15 Nov 2004, 08:15 (Ref:1153721)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The Dumbrell VY is a substantially better car that that much-smashed VX Mr Longhurst was given to play with...

I cant imagine Mr Nash is necessarily thrilled at his #7 car's position in the series, especially given that CPR has a spare VY in the shed unused....
Old 15 Nov 2004, 08:25 (Ref:1153731)   #14
Sol
Racer

Hopefully Rod got a discount on the originally agreed price!

A full fleet of Castrol VY's have been a long time coming. Was it the start of last year that we were told Dumbrell would be driving a VY by mid-year?
Old 15 Nov 2004, 08:34 (Ref:1153739)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Something like that.... but Richo got his new car in Qld I think... so they have had 3 'Castrol' VY's since then...