Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Jan 2001, 17:50 (Ref:58303)   #1
vauxhall
Veteran

vauxhall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2001 FINAL STANDINGS (COPY AND PASTE THIS FORM)

<BTCT>DRIVERS

<BTCP>DRIVERS

Old 13 Jan 2001, 17:56 (Ref:58306)   #2
vauxhall
Veteran

vauxhall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
<BTCT>DRIVERS

01 Yvan Muller [vauxhall]
02 Jason Plato [vauxall]
03 Steve Soper [Peugeot]
04 Kurt Luby [lexus]
05 Tom Ferrier [vauxhall]
06 Enzo Mucci [alfa]
07 Danny Wright [alfa]
08 Matt Neal [Peugeot]
09 Dan Eaves [Peugeot]
10 ?

<BTCP>DRIVERS

01?
02?
03?
04?
05?
06?
07?
08?
09?
10?
Old 13 Jan 2001, 18:50 (Ref:58323)   #3
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2001 FINAL STANDINGS (COPY AND PASTE THIS FORM)

<BTCT>DRIVERS

01 Muller (Vauxhall)
02 Plato (Vauxhall)
03 Neal (Pug)
04 Eaves (Pug)
05 Luby (Lexus)
06 Soper (Pug)
07 Ferrier (Vauxhall)
08 Macci (Alfa)
09 Wright (Alfa)
10 Reid (Rover)

<BTCP>DRIVERS

01 Kelly (Nissan)
02 Pyper (Alfa)
03 Kaye (Honda)
04 Moen (Pug)
05 Howell (Ford)
06 Sheddon (Ford)
07 O'Neal (Pug)
08 Edwards Jnr (Pug)
09 'Kermit' (Proton)
10 Templeton (Pug)

P.S. BTCP only with current confirmed drivers. A lot will change as Edenbridge announce their drivers, and Barwell, Project and GA-Janspeed Motorsport anounce their second drivers.
Old 13 Jan 2001, 21:03 (Ref:58336)   #4
BTC-P fan
Rookie

BTC-P fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to disagree, vauxhall, but I think that your predictions are very tongue in cheek. Are you seriously expecting anyone to think that you believe that a driver whose racing experience is some Italian Club FF1600 races in the early 90's and a club racer from AutoItalia, in a car that hasn't even been built yet, will beat Matt Neal and Dan Eaves in VLM run Peugeot 406's? They won't even be on the grid come April 16th let alone still be there come October.
<BTCT>DRIVERS

<BTCP>DRIVERS

01 Howell (Ford)
02 Edwards jnr (Ford)
03 BMW
04 BMW
05 Pug
06 Pug
07 Kelly (nissan)
08 Lemmer (Honda)
09 O'Neill (Pug)
10 Pyper (Alfa)

Old 13 Jan 2001, 21:11 (Ref:58339)   #5
Larsen
Racer

Denmark
Northants, UK
Larsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You tell him, anyway it ain't going to be Vauxhall up top, it's going to be Peugeot!
Old 13 Jan 2001, 22:01 (Ref:58347)   #6
hunttheshunt
Veteran

Yo BTC-P fan, r u the new guy in town. Hope u r an expert on production, because i don't know too much about it, except it produces close racing. I always followed st. However, my friend's dad knows a mechanic who works at project msport and he gets us in free at national saloon events last year and in 2001 will be able 2 get us into the paddock and pits for zip.
Old 13 Jan 2001, 22:24 (Ref:58354)   #7
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Talking of knowing blokes, there's this woman I know who lives in my village and works with BHP, who knows John Cleland. (You'll be going yeah right right now but it is true)
Old 14 Jan 2001, 12:31 (Ref:58422)   #8
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Sorry to disagree, vauxhall, but I think that your predictions are very tongue in cheek. Are you seriously expecting anyone to think that you believe that a driver whose racing experience is some Italian Club FF1600 races in the early 90's and a club racer from AutoItalia, in a car that hasn't even been built yet, will beat Matt Neal and Dan Eaves in VLM run Peugeot 406's? They won't even be on the grid come April 16th let alone still be there come October.
I agree that the JS Alfa's finishing ahead of the Peugeots is a little optomistic but don't right off the team just yet. I had a long chat with John Shields and Enzo Mucci on Saturday and I was very impressed with what they had done so far. They may be relative newcomers to touring cars but they are far from the no-budget no-hopers you're suggesting. They had a few pics of the Touring-spec car being built and it looks a real beast. The first 2 cars are nearly ready - the Production class one should get it's first run on the 18/19th and the Touring spec one a week later.

If anything it's the Peugeot that's yet to be built, that isn't scheduled to hit the track until mid-Feb. The display car was little more than a mock-up, and a not very convincing one at that.
Old 14 Jan 2001, 16:22 (Ref:58436)   #9
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was great to finally meet you yesterday redshoes! I too spent an enjoyable half hour on the JS motorsports stand.

If enthusiasm counts for anything then these guys will be worth watching!
Old 14 Jan 2001, 17:40 (Ref:58454)   #10
hunttheshunt
Veteran

Hello, nigel a.k.a. 'mr. redshoes', have you got any news on the Kurt Luby Lexus IS200, or of a second Lexus-how is it developing?
Old 14 Jan 2001, 18:41 (Ref:58463)   #11
BTC-P fan
Rookie

Well, Mr. Redshoes, I would be very interested to know what they said that impressed you so much, because I have found little about the team that has impressed me so far. There has been a lot of press releases with little substance so far. Why have they not signed a driver with any track record?
Who is Enzo Mucci? Did you learn anything about his career or even that of Danny Wright and Ted Rennick? Even their Press Pack that they handed out in the media room had nothing about their careers except to say that Mucci had raced in FF1600 in the early '90's and Wright and Rennick had both raced in AutoItalia. If they are such a good team, why are they receiving no backing at all from Alfa? What happened to the NordAuto supplied 147 Touring that they talked about in November? I would be interested to hear what you have to say about that. I predict that they won't be still on the grid in October and will have become a laughing stock as their cars continually fail to finish or are beaten by the BTC-P cars.
Old 14 Jan 2001, 20:40 (Ref:58476)   #12
hunttheshunt
Veteran

Excuse me, 'BTC-P fan', everyone is entitled to their own opinion-no need to get so aggrivated just because nigel thinks JS might do well-it will be good for the BTCC if they and ABG MSport can challenge Vauxhall and Peugeot-don't be so negative, and cut the attitude-we like to discuss and promote the BTCC, not argue about it and downmark teams, especially when a season is about to start with brand new regs. Lets wait and see, and if, come October, JS aren't there, then you will be proved right.
Old 14 Jan 2001, 21:16 (Ref:58487)   #13
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
It's difficult to your finger one individual thing that impressed me, more a combination of factors. Swinton (engines), Safety Devices (chassis/rollcage), Tim Harvey (team manager) aren't exactly newcomers to this game for a start. Didn't find out what happened with Nordauto (to be honest I didn't ask) but there has been support from Italy, just in the open. As RIKB said they are very enthusiasic, and also very confident without being over-confident. Some times you speak to teams and it's obvious that they're ill-prepared and way out of their depth. JS come across as being far better prepared. That said, I accept there are still some questions over driver line-up - none of the three have had glittering careers so far.
Old 14 Jan 2001, 21:34 (Ref:58495)   #14
BTC-P fan
Rookie

Deepest apologies hunttheshunt if you found my comments offensive. Mr. Redshoes clearly did not, unless he has kept it to himself. It is in my best interests to promote the BTCC also, as it pays my mortgage and I do enjoy discussing it - that is why I am here. I didn't mean to come across that I was "down marking a team" just voicing my opinion that they have provided little substance to their quite strong claims as to what they are going to do. At present they appear to be all hype, and yes they have got some "big" names as part of their set-up, yet nothing seems as it should be.
Yes Tim Harvey is there, but in what capacity? Why are they building a 147 Tourer when Alfa appear to be promoting the 147 as a Production car and the 156 as a Tourer in 2002?
Enough said, lets see what happens and I wish them and there supporters all the best for the season because if the new BTCC is going to succeed then it needs as many Teams supporting it as possible.
p.s. I withdraw my prediction that Lemmer will finish 8th - he is not taking part this year and I also missed James Kaye who should be pushing for the top 3.
Old 14 Jan 2001, 21:41 (Ref:58500)   #15
Lucy G
Rookie

Lucy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
<BTCT>DRIVERS

01 Jason Plato
02 Matt Neal
03 ?
04 ?
05 ?
06 ?
07 ?
08 ?
09 ?
10 ?

<BTCP>DRIVERS

01 Gareth Howell
02 ?
03 ?
04 ?
05 ?
06 ?
07 ?
08 ?
09 ?
10 ?
Old 14 Jan 2001, 22:05 (Ref:58512)   #16
redshoes
Veteran

No offence taken here Mr fan. The point of this discussion forum is to express opinions, if we all thought the same then this would be a very boring place Looks like we agree on something at least - Kaye in the top 3.

Just curious when you say BTCC "pays my mortgage". Something you care to share with us?
Old 14 Jan 2001, 22:30 (Ref:58523)   #17
hunttheshunt
Veteran

'BTC-P fan'-sorry mate, didn't mean to go OTT with my annoyance. Just like to see someone take the fight to Vauxhall and Peugeot this year, and JS seem most likely to do it (granted, they're not many challengers). Just wanna return to the good old days of 1995 and 1998, when the BTCC was at its prime. Once again apologies, hope I PROVE U WRONG with JS MSport-if i ever meet u, ill buy u a pint.
Old 14 Jan 2001, 22:58 (Ref:58527)   #18
BTC-P fan
Rookie

I do work within the industry, but if I gave you too many details you may doubt my impartiality so I would rather remain anonymous. First and foremost I am a BTCC fan, especially Production class, and am lucky enough to get paid for what I enjoy!
Old 15 Jan 2001, 19:22 (Ref:58659)   #19
hunttheshunt
Veteran

Maybe you should buy me a pint then!