Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Dec 2004, 08:35 (Ref:1178044)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wakefield Park Christmas 500.....

Well Folks, its here. Its finally here. This Sunday.

Entry List:
6 Rehydr8 Peter Coles /David Giugni /- Porsche Gt3
8 Vip Petfoods Tony Quinn /Klark Quinn /- Porsche
10 Consolidated Chemical Co Allan Simonsen /Ted Huglin /- Ferrari Modena Challenge
27 Gokartsgo Wayne Russell /Drew Russell /- Bmw M Coupe
28 Donut King Peter Leemhuis /Tony Alford /- Mitsubishi Mirage
30 Sae College Luke Searle /Trevor Schumack /- Bmw 320i
32 David Capraro /John Milan /- Alfa Romeo 156 Gta
40 Mambo Racing Neil Byers /Andy Cantrell Mitsubishi Magna
41 Parker Bros Holden Geoff Parker /Tba Holden Commodore
44 Team Mirage Mal Rose /Ian Luff Mitsubishi Mirage
45 Team Mirage Tba /Tba Mitsubishi Mirage
46 Team Mirage Tba /Tba Mitsubishi Mirage
54 Bradley Washfountain Aust Len Cave /Bob Wright /Ken Wright Honda Integra R
57 Pdl Industries Pty Ltd Rod Wilson /Dean Savage Ferrari 360 Challenge
62 Dentbuster Francois Jouy /Mark Eddy /Richard Luff Mitsubishi Mirage RS
69 Northshore Mitsubishi Kean Booker /Rocco Rinaldo Mitsubishi Mirage
74 Gulf Western Oil Peter Vicary /Terry Wyhoon Ford Falcon El Mk II
82 Mambo Racing Adam Proctor /Paul Hibbard Ford Mondeo

A pretty nice field, 2 serious Ferraris with gentleman codrivers, a hot CC Porsche, some serious SuperTourers, Supercar, Future Tourers, Production cars....

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 13 Dec 2004, 09:16 (Ref:1178064)   #2
bushy1
Rookie

bushy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they also said on the radio today that jason bargwarna and his dad are racing as well hope i spelt his name right i might even go out for a look after seeing what cars are going to be there

Last edited by bushy1; 13 Dec 2004 at 09:26. Reason: fixing spelling mistake
Old 13 Dec 2004, 10:10 (Ref:1178095)   #3
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hey GTR, Dean was quicker than Rod at the PI race recently....so not sure about gent tag for him!!

Bad news is that it's not running, so only one Ferrari I'm afraid.
Old 13 Dec 2004, 10:32 (Ref:1178108)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Awwwww.... Mr Simonsen will just have to lap the field, and hand over to Mr Huglin. Are you engineering this weekend ff?

And Mr Bargwanna and Mr Bargwanna are running in the 250km enduro scheduled for the Saturday
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 13 Dec 2004, 11:09 (Ref:1178129)   #5
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah, I'll be there. Here's hoping Allan can make it 24 wins from 25 starts in a 360C......

Tough ask though. 500km is a long way for a 5 yr old Ferrari !!
Old 13 Dec 2004, 11:56 (Ref:1178157)   #6
White Knight

So what happened to the 25 entries muted in the lead-up? With only 18 starters, the possibility of a couple falling by the wayside during the day, it might be a bit of a yawn by the end of six hours.

Old 13 Dec 2004, 12:29 (Ref:1178175)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The 2 Porsches, Ferrari, SuperTourer and the Falcon Supercar should all lap fairly closely, with the Magna not too far behind. It should be a good run, to see different cars on different strategies, and with different strengths and weaknesses fighting each other.

And the circuit certainly lends itself to allowing the spectator of a view the whole way round during it.

I watched the enduro race at Wakefield earlier in the year, and even with only 5 entrants in the 1hr race, there was always something happening. Watching the chasers overlapping the slow cars, the change in driver, the cars of a similar pace (Mr Loadsman's 2 Proddie Commodores) with dissimilar drivers....

You can actually make your own fun if you like that kind of thing....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 13 Dec 2004, 13:00 (Ref:1178196)   #8
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like a fascanating event. Congratulations to the organisers putting together a race with so many varied race cars.

On paper, VIP Porsche with Klark and Tony Quinn would be favourites.

I'd love to see the Ferrari with Huglin and Simonsen take it out though.

Damn if I didnt have prior commitments I would be there this weekend
Old 13 Dec 2004, 13:13 (Ref:1178208)   #9
TCR-028
Racer

TCR-028 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
With only 18 starters, the possibility of a couple falling by the wayside during the day, it might be a bit of a yawn by the end of six hours
Yeah, i was thinking along similar lines... Still, full credit to the organisers for having a go, hopefully there will be some good racing...

GTR - What's the support classes ??
Old 13 Dec 2004, 20:00 (Ref:1178598)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
There is a 250km race on the Saturday, and a combined MoPro class running MGs and Daewoos throughout the weekend. I havent seen a schedule yet, but thats what the entry list details
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 13 Dec 2004, 23:12 (Ref:1178783)   #11
TCR-028
Racer

TCR-028 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok, thanks for that...

Would have been good to see perhaps some Saloon Cars, Improved Production, and Sports Sedans on the Saturday as well - maybe something along the lines of Oran Park's "Day / Nighter" events... Just without the "night" bit obviously !!
Old 14 Dec 2004, 00:44 (Ref:1178818)   #12
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Searle for pole!!!
Old 14 Dec 2004, 08:52 (Ref:1178969)   #13
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it will be a good event for those who are open minded enough to take into account it's the first year for this event, so I guess that leaves the White Knight out of the equation. One day he'll actually admit to having said something nice about another category. By the way White Knight the word you are trying to sound so intellectual by using is actually "mooted" not muted. In my huimble opinion, you are becoming "a bit of a yawn". I don't have much nice to say about V8s so i don't go to those forums and pester the people who are into them, maybe you could stick to threads that you relate to your interests and leave the rest to discuss things in a more positive light. If anyone thinks I'm going over the top please let me know, and White Knight I'll be happy to repeat any of my comments to you in person if you introduce yourself to me at a race meeting sometime.
My drive in the ex Diet Coke Supertourer fell through as the car was bought too close to the event and the new owner can't find an endurance engine in time. He's out and I'm in for a knee operation this Friday, so I don't think I'll even make it there as a spectator.
Searle for pole, I don't think so if qualifying is on the Saturday. It clashes with Luke's religion which may be the best thing to happen to the rest of the entrants as he would have been a definite threat of taking pole.
Cheers and I look forward to hearing open minded reports about the race.
David
Old 14 Dec 2004, 11:34 (Ref:1179098)   #14
White Knight

Oooooh . . . touchy.

Actually Mr Towe I hope the meet is a raging success and gets better and better over the coming years. Can't let the old dungers waste away.

I am sure everyone will enjoy themselves, all 18 teams . . . err I think that might by 17 for there could be a Ferrari scratching.

In the battle for pole I think Wyhoon might be the man to snare pole and I can't see why T Schumack can't do qualifying unless he is of a similar religious persuasion.

Old 14 Dec 2004, 11:53 (Ref:1179109)   #15
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Err, I think Allan will have a shout at pole if you don't mind.

Ferrari 360C 61.8?
Old 15 Dec 2004, 02:04 (Ref:1179690)   #16
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Quinn/Quinn car should take this out I reckon.

Huglin won't be up to the pace and surely Wyhoon's car won't last 500kms.

The Future Tourer Commodore sure be up there by race end somewhere in the top 5.

Shall be an interesting race that's for sure
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 15 Dec 2004, 06:21 (Ref:1179746)   #17
abr944
Racer

abr944 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i hope the event is a great sucsess....we were gonna run a porsche in the 250....with 3 drivers as a fun xmas thing, but santa got our money and it was all to close to xmas....this is a great concept for an event and if it were at the start of the season....they would be flooded with entries!!!
best of luck to all!!
Old 15 Dec 2004, 07:46 (Ref:1179771)   #18
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Timu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What an awesome sounding event!

Kinda like the old group C days....
Old 15 Dec 2004, 08:35 (Ref:1179795)   #19
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Not "touchy" as I don't have anything to do with the meeting but I get fed up with negative people. To quote you "Actually Mr Towe I hope the meet is a raging success and gets better and better over the coming years" It is a pity that you can't say anything even remotely nice about something until you are challenged about it. The last time I questioned one of your comments criticising your comment that handicap racing works well in Production Car racing but not in Touring Car racing, you sent me a retraction as a private message. I quess this was a mistake on your part as I'm sure you're man enough to have meant to include it directly on the thread.

I note your "Dungers" comment but can't figure out the relevance of it. Porsche, Ferrari, Falcon V8 Supercar, Magna Future Tourer...Dungers? Remember Mr Knight, it is a meek dog who barks from behind a hedge. You know who I am, I have no hedge.

Now for something positive, the battle for pole should be absorbing in itself. I didn't realise the Ferrari's were that quick around there. What time can a Porsche do there?

Yes Timu, I think it can be a great event. You mentioned the old Group C days, are you aware of the Touring Car Festival at Oran Park January 22/23? The old Group C and Group A cars will be there along with Groups Na, Nb, Nc and other invited cars, this could be good as well.

00XR8 is it the car that Peter Vicary bought this year? Peter is not one for doing things by halves, if it is that car it might be a fairly reliable package. Peter isn't up to pushing the car too hard yet as he's still learning, and Terry is well experienced.

abr944, I'd be in it if I hadn't emptied my wallet recently to buy the JPS 635.

Cheers and Merry Christmas to you all, even you Mr. Knight, whoever you are.
David Towe
Old 15 Dec 2004, 12:57 (Ref:1179969)   #20
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Porsche on paper would be marginally quicker than the ferrari I would think, thinking from Nations Cup this year. However this is a twisty track and Allan is worth a few tenths, but then Klark Quinn is good steerer aswell.
Geez the race should be awesome

Is there any Speedweek coverage
Old 16 Dec 2004, 11:49 (Ref:1180974)   #21
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Unfortunately there is not any TV coverage, so I'll be looking for some detailed reports.
Old 17 Dec 2004, 01:16 (Ref:1181523)   #22
Bimmerhead
Racer

Bimmerhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see you getting fired up big fella!!! And good luck with the operation.
Old 18 Dec 2004, 01:03 (Ref:1182275)   #23
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Thanks. The op went well and I'm already putting weight on it.
Old 18 Dec 2004, 01:11 (Ref:1182278)   #24
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
14 cars at first qual session
1 Allan Simonsen Ferrari Modena Challenge 1:02.0718
2 Luke Searle Bmw 320i 1:02.7806
3 Tony Quinn Porsche 1:02.8301
4 Peter Vicary Ford Falcon El Mk Ii 1:03.3058
Old 18 Dec 2004, 11:09 (Ref:1182454)   #25
Beatcha
Racer

Australia
Beatcha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didnt think Luke Searle ran on Saturdays?