Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 30 Dec 2004, 22:26 (Ref:1190184)   #1
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Marshals Track Day at Cadwell Park

Right ho boys and girls, following the enormous success of the inaugural track day at Brands Hatch this month (December), it's time to get your names down for the next track day which is 11th February 2005.

The only rule is that you must be a marshal and hold a valid drivers licence. You may bring any car you like but it will have to conform to any noise regulations at the circuit.

All those who wish to be put on the list please e-mail me at:

s.c.green@btinternet.com

If you want to know what fun it was, ask those who went to Brands!

Regards and a very happy new year to you all,

Stephen.
Old 2 Jan 2005, 21:00 (Ref:1191848)   #2
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
take up this offer or I will

If there are insufficient numbers of marshals who haven't yet been then I will take a place and go again as it was just so brilliant at Brands.

Best wishes for a Happy New Year

Clive
Old 2 Jan 2005, 23:13 (Ref:1191926)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Clive, just send me an e-mail and you will be added to the list. There should be plenty of spaces for everyone.

Stephen.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 15:39 (Ref:1192239)   #4
alec
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheltenham
alec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are the criteria for being eligible for this? I've marhsalled only Prescott and Shelsley speed events this year, hence no MSA license. Does being a BMMC member qualify?
Old 3 Jan 2005, 16:18 (Ref:1192250)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Alec, ALL marshals qualify regardless of your speciality. If you would like to attend please sned me an e-mail and I will add you to the list. Please pass this on to all your friends who are hill climb marshals in case they are interested too!

Jonathan Palmer has made this offer to all marshals as a token of his appreciation for our efforts throughout the year at all motorsport events.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 22:24 (Ref:1192496)   #6
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stephen is this just open to car drivers or can the bike boys join in?
Old 4 Jan 2005, 10:16 (Ref:1192716)   #7
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

In answer to your question the following is an extract from the Brands Hatch thread re the track days.

KayBee

A great idea but is this offer exclusively for MSA licence holders, what about those marshals who hold ACU licences are they included as well or will they be having separate days?

Stephen Green

No they too are eligible.

Last edited by KayBee; 4 Jan 2005 at 10:17.
Old 4 Jan 2005, 11:04 (Ref:1192734)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
But, you will not be able to take the bike round the track unless there are enough to make a seperate session. Even then I would have to speak to the MSV guys to make sure this was acceptable.
Old 4 Jan 2005, 12:45 (Ref:1192813)   #9
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
You've missed the point here......the question was not whether the offer was open to bike marshals, but whether bikes would be allowed on track.
Old 4 Jan 2005, 12:57 (Ref:1192822)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Dave, I think I have answered the question above?
Old 4 Jan 2005, 19:23 (Ref:1193127)   #11
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll have to see if I can get the Marshal's Club Hells Angel Section together then. Mind you most of the marshals that I know who ride a bike tend to ride more between toilet stops than pub stops.
Old 10 Jan 2005, 12:52 (Ref:1197196)   #12
pit bull
Racer

United Kingdom
In the pit lane, Cheshire
pit bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi stephen, email sent please confirm recieval as my pc is playing up.

Some say he spent it on fags, some say he exchanged it for a traffic light air freshner for his race car. all we know is he's called PIT BULL! :)[/QUOTE]
Old 10 Jan 2005, 13:07 (Ref:1197212)   #13
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
If you are Tony Glover then I have received your e-mail and have added you to the list.
Old 10 Jan 2005, 13:08 (Ref:1197213)   #14
whatapalaver
Racer

England
Nottingham
whatapalaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I took up the offer and went to Brands. I've only just stopped smiling. I would recomend this to all marshalls everywhere!
Old 10 Jan 2005, 17:14 (Ref:1197414)   #15
pit bull
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
If you are Tony Glover then I have received your e-mail and have added you to the list.
I am he, 11th of feb thats a friday yes..

Some say he spent it on fags, some say he exchanged it for a traffic light air freshner for his race car. all we know is he's called PIT BULL! :)[/QUOTE]
Old 10 Jan 2005, 18:32 (Ref:1197467)   #16
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
It is indeed Tony!
Old 12 Jan 2005, 22:10 (Ref:1199384)   #17
pit bull
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
It is indeed Tony!
Thanks stephen, just not used to doing track days on a friday

Old 13 Jan 2005, 08:31 (Ref:1199628)   #18
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i can't believe my luck, it's a friends wedding that day, so i can't make it. Oh well, let's hope the Oulton date doesn't clash with my calendar!
Old 13 Jan 2005, 13:40 (Ref:1199815)   #19
wookiee
Rookie

wookiee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Track day at Brands hatch was a hoot, despite the damp conditions. I would strongly recommend this opportunity to all marshals, whether you have a track day car or just bring your daily driver it's an event not to be missed!
Old 13 Jan 2005, 13:56 (Ref:1199841)   #20
wookiee
Rookie

wookiee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PS - If anyone who was at the Track Day has photos of the Cobra I wouldn't mind seeing them in the galleries. Ta.
Old 17 Jan 2005, 11:29 (Ref:1202888)   #21
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Following some interesting meetings at this weekends Autosport Show I am hoping to be able to offer some "fast rides" to marshals attending the Track Day. I have to finalise details etc but hope to have 3 MX5's from this years championship, with drivers for the day and one offer from a 750mc driver who has offered to help with rides as well!

Give me a few days to sort out details as there is much work to do after the show this weekend.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 08:03 (Ref:1206123)   #22
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Ok, there will be three Mazda MX5's at the track day complete with their race drivers. The idea is that you will get some fast laps as passengers and then swap seats so you drive and the race driver sits beside you and helps with tuition etc. This offer is completely free to marshals and has been offered by the owner of the race team as his contribution to marshals.

The 3 MX5's will all be fitted with on board cameras and you will be able to buy a DVD of your 'hot laps' if you so wish for the cost price of £15. The DVD will be studio quality and posted to you normally within 48 hours of the track day. If you wish to have a camera fitted to your own car this too can be done but the cost will be £25.

This fabulous offer has been made by Jonathan Blake who is the Managing Director of Keystone Computer Group and also owns 2plus2tv which is the company operating the in car videos.

At the moment we have 35 marshals partaking in the day and I would like to see this number doubled. Please let your marshalling friends know about this stunning offer from both Jonathan Palmer and Jonathan Blake and lets make this a day to remember!

Don't forget to drop me an e-mail to s.c.green@btinternet.com

Stephen Green
National P.R.O.
British Motorsport Marshals Club.

Last edited by Stephen Green; 21 Jan 2005 at 08:03.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 08:25 (Ref:1206141)   #23
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now you've upset me even more, that is one hell of an offer. Why do people decide to get married on such silly days? I hope you all have a great day, ans fingers crossed i'll be able to make the next track day....
Old 21 Jan 2005, 10:07 (Ref:1206235)   #24
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well that is a fantastic and very generous offer from both the Jonathans!
I would absolutely love to come and play but am genuinely embarrassed that I fear I would not fit into a race car.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 11:50 (Ref:1206290)   #25
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
so turn up in your own car and have fun that way..I did!