Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Jan 2005, 02:45 (Ref:1204348)   #1
Don Peppino
Rookie

Don Peppino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
??? SuperCar Transporter Parked at The Creek

Hi all,

Just looking for some info. There has been a Supercar Transporter parked at Eastern Creek since this morning. It is parked behind the Grandstand. It has no team signage only some small sponsor signs on it. It has a Holden team logo and looks like the Betta Electral Team Brock colours and has the CAR design on the sign. It has sponsors, such as holden LG and sunbeam on it.

Does anyone have any info on this?
Old 19 Jan 2005, 03:00 (Ref:1204355)   #2
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PWR - It's all over Auto Action today

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...91#post1204291

Last edited by lookleft; 19 Jan 2005 at 03:03.
Old 19 Jan 2005, 03:08 (Ref:1204357)   #3
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just one question- Why is it up here in NSW I would of thought that the team would have unveiled the car in Melbourne. Anyone kn ow why?
Old 19 Jan 2005, 03:41 (Ref:1204368)   #4
Spunky
Racer

Spunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It has the PWR cars in it, and was picked up by a tow truck this morning and returning about now via tow truck.
Old 19 Jan 2005, 04:12 (Ref:1204380)   #5
Don Peppino
Rookie

Don Peppino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Returning from where on the tow trucks??? The competitor side of Eastern creek or some other launch venue???
Old 19 Jan 2005, 06:16 (Ref:1204423)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The launch venue was the Sydney Opera House... where they also announced SuperCheap as the sponsor of the Bathurst 1000
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Jan 2005, 13:58 (Ref:1204710)   #7
mitchie
Racer

Australia
mitchie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
The launch venue was the Sydney Opera House... where they also announced SuperCheap as the sponsor of the Bathurst 1000
Good time had by all GTR?
Old 19 Jan 2005, 19:59 (Ref:1205010)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Always is Certainly a better way to launch a new team sponsor than to put the stickers on at the AGP and get the coverage washed into the F1 news...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Jan 2005, 21:18 (Ref:1205084)   #9
SRabbit
Veteran

SRabbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
when can the teams actually start testing? is anyone scheduled that we know of?
Old 20 Jan 2005, 05:19 (Ref:1205292)   #10
the man
Veteran

I am thought that you could test anytime you wanted to in the new year with no date restrictions or is there a restriction?
Old 20 Jan 2005, 06:13 (Ref:1205307)   #11
Spunky
Racer

Spunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes there is this year. Not sure of the date, end of Feb I think, there is a test session for all teams, and now really straining the brain, I think at OP.
If I was not so lazy I would go and look for the details, but someone will know.
Old 20 Jan 2005, 07:58 (Ref:1205332)   #12
V8 Supercars
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
V8 Supercars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AA said no test day at OP now. Feb 19th is the day in Sydney that all teams will present their cars at Telstra Stadium for all fans
Old 22 Jan 2005, 12:22 (Ref:1207073)   #13
the man
Veteran

Personally i would have thought that the OP testing would be a better idea. Where the drivers get track time and they can also have fun. I would of like to have the launch on the Thursday or Friday Night at Telstra Stadium then have testing either at Eastern Creek or OP and they wouldn't get a test day stripped off them. Either way you get to see the drivers and the motorsport fans can see them earlier on in the season then they usually would. Any other thoughts on this?
Old 22 Jan 2005, 22:18 (Ref:1207419)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Supercars
AA said no test day at OP now. Feb 19th is the day in Sydney that all teams will present their cars at Telstra Stadium for all fans
Except... FPR has an open house that weekend, and the teams are releasing new liveries at the Lisa Skaife-run motorsport show....

So it will be a washout whatever happens.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 23 Jan 2005, 00:38 (Ref:1207513)   #15
V8 Supercars
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
V8 Supercars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally I think that AVESCO doesn't want them at Lisa's show and wants to have tighter control on how the teams release their new cars.

SBR have their open day on the 26th the following week so it wouldnt worry them.

Anyway will be interested to see what actually happens
Old 23 Jan 2005, 00:46 (Ref:1207519)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I think AVESCO probably should be more 'controlling' of releases regarding their V8Supercar brand....

If you thought about it, there are probably 22 team launches that could/should happen. plus the series launch, and the Bathurst sponsorship announcement each season... and any other specials TC has to share....

Not sure why it doesnt happen.....
#CANCERSUCKS