Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 28 Feb 2005, 19:51 (Ref:1238315)   #1
mike_slh
Rookie

Denmark
Plymouth
mike_slh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC Night races

Does anybody know if there are gonna be any more of these races?
They were an awesome spectacle, but hopefully not gone forever
Old 28 Feb 2005, 20:04 (Ref:1238323)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At present I would say no, but you never know it maybe repeated one day. I never made a night race but I was at the early evening race at Snetterton in 2003 and that was a fantastic spectable.
Old 28 Feb 2005, 20:48 (Ref:1238372)   #3
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forgt the EERC Britcar 24hr race at Silverstone in September - A huge grid with a wide mixture of saloons.

BTCC needs the live TV coverage, and night races don't work live - head on headlights in the camera shot for 30mins doesn't give good coverage. Shame, as the Snetterton & Silverstone races in the super-tourer days were great fun to marshal in the pit lane.

Al.
Old 28 Feb 2005, 20:52 (Ref:1238378)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Green
Don't forgt the EERC Britcar 24hr race at Silverstone in September - A huge grid with a wide mixture of saloons.
Don't worry Al, I havn't I will be there for that, saying that I have another 24 hour race to do before then, it's a little race in France in mid-June........
Old 28 Feb 2005, 21:20 (Ref:1238394)   #5
stevebrown
Racer

England
The Port of Indecision, SW of Disorder
stevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think there will be anymore in the near future as it was so expensive to put on.The light gantries used at Snet were something like £80,000 to hire. Pity really. I marshalled at all the Snet night races as well as the evening race in 2003. The first one in 1999 was the best, the atmosphere was like a GP. But I shall never forget the 2001 race. I was at Corum when Dan Eaves went in the tyre wall. That was the scariest time I've ever had marshalling what with Collard and Muller just missing his Peugeot.

Steve B
Old 1 Mar 2005, 23:14 (Ref:1239528)   #6
manicmarshal
Racer

manicmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah yes I remember that year well. I was at Russells but on the outside post and we had Rob Collard for company. Yvan's driving and recovery from that near incident was incredible! Yep I enjoyed that night race. All I remember about the following year was that it was very very late and we got wet! And the starting lights failed I believe and they had to use a flag, in the dark!!

24hour 2cv race is a good event though.

Last edited by manicmarshal; 1 Mar 2005 at 23:16. Reason: spelling mistake - whoops!
Old 2 Mar 2005, 07:47 (Ref:1239736)   #7
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see the night races returning in the near future, partly because of costs, but also because of the problems caused by the regs requiring drivers to have a qualifying session in the dark. I know Britcar have got around this by running qualifying immediately before the race, but \i'm not sure that would work for the touring boys.